QinetiQ US Reviews

Found 250 of over 270 reviews

2.8
QinetiQ US President Mary Williams
Mary Williams
Pros
  • "Free coffee and tea all day long(in 14 reviews)

• "good benefits, work life balance(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Senior management looks down on everyone(in 12 reviews)

• "Upper management doesn't really care too much about their employees(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Featured Review

The Best Company I Have Ever Worked For

Dec 28, 2020 - Manager in Lorton, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am so proud to work for a company that supports the U.S. military. The systems we create are amazing. I greatly enjoy collaborating with my teammates as they truly are some of the brightest and most kind people I have ever met. I have the perfect amount of flexibility and work-life balance. I have no plans of leaving any time soon!

Cons

I miss being in the office and spending time with my teammates but I completely understand that this is just not safe right now during the pandemic. I appreciate the measures the company has taken to keep us safe.

QinetiQ US Response

We love this! Thank you for the glowing review and positive feedback!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Growing Company- Honest Review

Jul 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Get to work with some of the most talented employees on your team and within the organization. Sharing of ideas and culture between employees is amazing...employees and coworkers are always willing to help each other out and work as a team to get deadlines and management goals accomplished. -Benefit packages is reasonable and not too bad; compensation is higher here than other companies offer which is amazing to see...shows that the company values the employee talent -Lots of room for bringing value in which each employee can bring a much-needed value to improvement ideas and creating even better processes than currently implemented. Your hard work and dedication to the company will noticed by management immediately.

Cons

-Work/life balance is non-existent. As many small-mid size companies, you need to ensure you are ready to work hard and put in the time to help the company grow. Hard will pay off but you should not complain about the workload but rather put your dedication in your career and opportunity will arise. Processes are sometimes undefined, which can be painful at times but every company growing goes through this and it brings opportunity for you to come in and show your value/talent. -Outdated Systems- Need to update and improve on getting systems for departments to keep up with the fast pace of growing and technology advances other companies have

Associate Director of Talent Acquisition and Employee Engagement

We recognize that our teammates are extraordinarily talented and hardworking. We understand the importance of recognition and encourage our managers to recognize their team both individually and as a team. In reference to work-life balance, we do not condone teammates regularly working 60-70 hours per week and encourage all to take the well-deserved time off. Your wellbeing is important to us. #WeAreQInc.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Working on cutting edge Technologies

Jul 15, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Lorton, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

You will work on the latest software and technologies. Good work/life balance. Good benefits. Opportunity to grow.

Cons

Sometimes you may need to work late hours for on time delivery to customers.

Associate Director of Talent Acquisition and Employee Engagement

Thank you for the four-star review and for your 3-4 years of work with QinetiQ Inc.! We are excited to know that our robust benefits packages, growth opportunities, and cutting-edge technology is recognized by teammates. We also appreciate you acknowledging that although you may sometimes need to work late to meet deadlines for customers, you still have work-life balance. Thank you for all that you do! #WeAreQInc.

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Interesting projects, but hard culture

Jul 21, 2021 - Principal Mechanical Engineer in Waltham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Projects are cool and when actually doing the engineering its great. Some very technical people. Flexible hours.

Cons

Many projects are rushed and no time to actually do the engineering correctly. Just put something together as the rest of the process is very slow. Changing things are very difficult even when proven to be wrong.

Associate Director of Talent Acquisition and Employee Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate you acknowledging our innovative work, technical teammates, and schedule flexibility. You mention that making positive improvements can be difficult. We value your opinion and would like to know more about this. Please reach out to feedback@us.qinetiq.com so we can further explore these ideas.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee

Fulfilling work, chaotic environment

Jun 25, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work is exciting and fulfilling The team is intelligent, collaborative, supportive, diligent I would recommend to a certain kind of person

Cons

Inconsistent, incomplete communication from upper management Unrealistic expectations on projects Onboarding is limited at best People have too many divergent responsibilities, leading to inefficiency and a general feeling of chaos.

Associate Director of Talent Acquisition and Employee Engagement

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. Thank you for noting our cutting-edge work and outstanding teammates. In reference to project expectations and teammate responsibilities, it is no secret that we are a very fast paced, customer focused, Mission-Led Innovator. We would like to learn more about how you think communication from upper management to teammates could be improved and ask that you please reach out to feedback@us.qinetiq.com.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Ok firm

Jun 12, 2021 - Vice President in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great tech environment innovative technical team

Cons

Significant management infighting highly political. Team does not think strategically.

1 person found this review helpful

Associate Director of Talent Acquisition and Employee Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and acknowledging our cutting-edge technology and engineers. We would like to know more about your perspective on team dynamics and invite you to please contact us at feedback@us.qinetiq.com.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work... if You Like Being Overworked and Underpaid

Jun 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great coworkers -Snacks and paid lunches

Cons

-Subpar benefits -Horrendously poor and unsupportive leadership -Poor work/life balance -HQ is in a terrible location -Job aged me 10 years

2 people found this review helpful

Associate Director of Talent Acquisition and Employee Engagement

We are happy to learn that you enjoyed working with QinetiQ Inc. teammates and benefits, such as company lunches. We are surprised to hear about your dissatisfaction with work life balance as we pride ourselves on offering ample flexibility and autonomy to teammates. We see that you mention some benefits and our HQ location being subpar and would like to learn more about this. We invite you to contact feedback@us.qinetiq.com to provide greater detail. QinetiQ Inc. works with our broker to ensure that we have an attractive benefits package for our employees. We offer a cadre of health benefits to meet the various needs of our employees. According to industry benchmarks, two of our plans are rated as Platinum and one is rated as Gold.

8. 1.0
      Former Employee

Great, if you like Layoffs

Jun 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

good compensation, some good projects

Cons

QinetiQ announced great year, all financial targets exceeded, company-side bonuses then laid off a quarter of Waltham site 2 months later, 10 days before bonus pay.

4 people found this review helpful

Associate Director of Talent Acquisition and Employee Engagement

The reality is that our customers' demands have changed and that has meant some of the work we have traditionally delivered has diminished. This has prompted us to adapt and stop investing in areas where there is no longer customer demand. As a result, there has been an impact on a small number of our people who have left the business, as we seek to rebalance our skills to where the customer demand is. We appreciate all of your hard work while at our Waltham, MA campus. We understand that this can be a challenging time and are always here to offer continued support. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us at feedback@us.qinetiq.com.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Company Imploding

Jun 23, 2021 - Manufacturing Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers and line managers. Nice to work with.

Cons

Corporate management accepts customer requirements without checking with manufacturing to determine if they can in fact meet those requirements. Results in deadline after deadline not being met, and a poor quality finished product.

1 person found this review helpful

Associate Director of Talent Acquisition and Employee Engagement

As a company, we pride ourself on treating teammates with respect and creating an environment in which people look forward to coming to work so we are happy to hear that you enjoyed the people you worked with. Delivering a quality product is extremely important to us. We adhere to the quality standards required by the following certifications that we hold to ensure that we only produce top-notch products: AS9100D, CMMI-DEV v1.3 Staged Representation-Maturity Level 3, ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100:2016, and ISO 9001:2015. We would like to learn more about the failure to meet deadlines that you mention and invite you to contact us at feedback@us.qinetiq.com.

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Fast paced, challenging work.

Mar 19, 2021 - Lead Electro-Mechanical Technician in Lorton, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

One if not the best group of employees I’ve had the pleasure to work with and for. My group was absolutely the best. Diversity, inclusion and teamwork were the cornerstones of our division. Local ( Lorton ) management and PM’s are some of the best to work for.

Cons

No clear path forward. Lack of sustainable work for a mid-size team. Also, if you plan on leaving or get another offer, don’t expect anyone to make a counter offer. “ Crickets is all you’ll here”... Sad!! Too many talented, tenured employees have left recently. Lack of recognition by management for those that have “ had” to work and continue to do so onsite everyday during Covid.

QinetiQ US Response

Thank you for the feedback and for over three years of dedication to the company! We appreciate you acknowledging our great group of teammates and commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We have tried to make our path forward as a company clear through Town Halls, Q-Talks, and Roadshows led by Senior Leadership, where they share updates, current state, and future of the organization. We would very much appreciate your ideas on how to further improve this and ask that you contact feedback@us.qinetiq.com. In reference to counteroffers, this is not the culture we want to create but rather an environment in which employees feel comfortable communicating their wants and needs to their managers before they feel compelled to look outside of the organization.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 250 Reviews