Quicktate Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "PAYS TOO LOW."

Current Freelancer - Freelancer
    Current Freelancer - Freelancer

I have been working at Quicktate (Less than a year)

Pros

You can work anytime you want. Money transfers on time.

Cons

You'll tire your hands and eyes out while just earning a penny.

Advice to Management

Increase the rate!

"Horrible"

Former Contractor - Transcriptionist in York, PA (US)
    Former Contractor - Transcriptionist in York, PA (US)

I worked at Quicktate as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Work whenever you want to

Cons

Pay, no responds from Admin

Advice to Management

Pay more- deactivated my account because I had asked questions that I never received any responses too. Said their were "Several" complaints about me when I was only working for 2 weeks. Pay attention to your employees! and don't "fire" them because you can't answer questions.

"Transcription"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

You can work whenever you want, there is no strict schedule you ever have to follow. You can work from thr comfort of your own home on any sort of electronic.

Cons

The pay sucks!!! You literally are making pennies, don't even think about trying to support a family much less yourselves with this job. Work also can be scarce.

Advice to Management

Please raise the pay. We don't even make .01 for what we type. The turnover rate wouldn't be as high either.

"Data Transcriptionist"

I worked at Quicktate part-time

Pros

easy work, freedom to login whenever

Cons

pay, lack of communication with management

Advice to Management

pay people a decent wage!!!!

"Awful Pay"

Current Employee - Transcriptionist
    Current Employee - Transcriptionist

Pros

You can hop on and type when you want. But there may or may not be jobs available for you to type. If you really need a job and $1.00 an hour is acceptable to you - than this is for you.

Cons

Even for inexperienced typists, the pay is really a joke. If you are completely without work and very bored - you may get $1.00 an hour. Which may or may not be acceptable to you.

"Easy work"

Former Employee - Transcriptionist in Milan, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Transcriptionist in Milan, IL (US)

I worked at Quicktate part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work whenever you want. Audio files are voice mail messages that are easy to transcribe. Enjoyable work you can do at home.

Cons

Extremely low pay. 1/4 a penny per word. Wish I could make this a career but pay is so low it's not worth doing and turns into a waste of your time. What a shame.

Advice to Management

Pay at least a penny a word and you wouldn't have such a high turnover rate.

7. "Excellent"

Current Employee - Transcriber
    Current Employee - Transcriber

Pros

Flexible work schedule
    Work whenever you want
    Very reliable
    Work is always available

Cons

Compensation not that high.
    Lots of missing audio files
    Nothing else to add
    Nothing else to add
    Nothing else to add.

"Working for Quicktate was nice. Working for iDictate, not so nice."

Former Contractor - Transcriptionist in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Contractor - Transcriptionist in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Quicktate as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Easy work. Work as much or as little as you want. As long as your work is accurate and timely, things go smoothly when doing work for QuickTate. It's a great way to get transcription experience. The style they teach is not transferable to other serious transcription companies but it's a great filler to put on your resume to show that you can do the work to an employers specifications.

Cons

Once you've been with QuickTate for awhile and have submitted high quality work, they will offer you a position with iDictate. This is where all the issues and the majority of their complaints as a transcription company come from. They offer support teams for basic needs and general questions and a contact for any detailed questions or as a final say in a style standard. They also have various reviewers that review your work. The issue comes in with the lack of consistency among them. It was normal for me to be told completely different things by all three and when I would ask for clarification, instead of getting a final answer, the transcriptionist contact would give attitude instead of answering the question. That left me with no answer and a desire to not want to clarify anything in the future. I often had to google answers to my questions and would utilize forums. Through the forums, I discovered that it's common knowledge that because of the lack of oversight of the transcription contact and reviewers, most transcriptionists had no idea what format they really wanted and were used to being treated poorly. They changed their work based on who their reviewer was likely to be. I also learned they have very high turnover rate in iDictate because it doesn't seem to get any better regardless of how long you work for iDictate. It was ultimately not worth the hassle. I moved to work for another transcription company.

Advice to Management

Have consistency among your Reviewers and the transcriptionist contact that works with the transcriptionists. Every scenario that comes up will not be answered by the Style Guide and the biggest way to get people to frustrate workers is to have one Reviewer tell you you did something wrong so you update your work to reflect what the reviewer corrected you on, only to have the next Reviewer tell you did it wrong because you didn't do it the way you originally completed it the first time. The transcriptionist contact should be there to clarify those issues, instead of berating people for seeking clarificaiton. That is the #1 reason that I've seen people leave iDictate. I have a feeling that all of those issues stem from the transcription contact that deals with the transcriptions. This is the single item causing most transcriptionists dissatisfaction. Until that is fixed, I can not recommend this company to people that seek advice on getting their foot in the door for transcription work.

"horrible pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Indepenent Contractor in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Indepenent Contractor in San Francisco, CA (US)

Pros

freedom of work schedule, log in at your convenience

Cons

horrible pay, no benefits, low wages!!!!

Advice to Management

Learn to pay your employees a half decent wage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Not a bad gig for a few extra dollars"

Current Employee - Typist
    Current Employee - Typist

I have been working at Quicktate part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You can log in and work anytime you want. If you want more or different kinds of jobs, you can log in and take tests for the other transcription jobs. You know when they have the most files because they send you emails to let you know that files are available. Pay is always on time and correct. They have a page where you can see how much you've made/worked. The transcriptions don't tend to be boring, and you can do other things while you wait on a file to come through if they are not busy. The work is also quite easy and fun.

Cons

Pay is quite low; not that the pay is low for the work, as this is not a hard job. However, it wouldn't hurt them to pay a few more pennies to those who have been on a while. Nobody is living off these wages for sure.