REED Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

4.0

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Old fashioned dress code but looks smart for meetings with clients" (in 29 reviews)

• "Sometimes long hours but normally worth it" (in 11 reviews)

1. "Excellent company with great benefits"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Saint Albans, England
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Saint Albans, England

I have been working at REED full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company so far with good working hours so you have a nice work life balance. A nice mix of people in the office of all ages. Lots of company benefits such as money towards a dentist trip, free eye test, vouchers for restaurants.. the list could go on! I also have a fantastic manager which makes learning the trade enjoyable.

Cons

None, I am really enjoying it so far.

2. "Fantastic Experience"

Current Employee - Executive Practice Consultant in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Executive Practice Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at REED full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing has changed since the last time I filled out this survey - great team environment, lovely supportive manager who cannot do enough for us all, always putting our needs before her own. I'm looking forward to the next financial year and looking forward to a high achievers trip to Edinburgh next Friday.

Cons

I have no negative comments to make

3. "Fantastic training and support"

Current Employee - Permanents Consultant in Aberdeen, Scotland
    Current Employee - Permanents Consultant in Aberdeen, Scotland

I have been working at REED full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The training and support you receive on a daily basis within Reed is fantastic, since I started with this company in April I have honestly had none stop support, feedback and recognition for my hard work.

Cons

Being in a smaller office of the company it can be a challenge to sometimes get off the ground without that added support, there could be measures in place to get the ball rolling for you a little quicker.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do, Izzy is a fantastic trainer and made my training at the reed business school last week truly enjoyable, she deserves all the recognition that she can receive.

16 Jul 2018 – Head of Talent Acquistion

Thanks for your great review. You're right, the first few months in the role can be challenging and so support is important, which is why our training is so comprehensive. I will pass on your... More

4. "Overbearing on the phone."

Pros

Have the potential to support and progress a career

Cons

High expectations leading to poor service

Advice to Management

Review and adjust marketing strategies

5. "Training"

Current Employee - Permanent Consultant in Milton Keynes, England
    Current Employee - Permanent Consultant in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at REED full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have only been at reed for 5 weeks but the fantastic training and apprenticeship programme is absolutely fantastic! I have come from a training background and have to say the training is by far the best I’ve ever received! Just completed my first 3 day out office training and learned so much and felt energised and motivated to complete my job role well done to Natalie my trainer! Loving every minute!

Cons

None as yet it’s all good so far!

16 Jul 2018 – Head of Talent Acquistion

Thanks for your great review. I will pass on your feedback to our Head of L&D about the training and trainer and I'm delighted that you have found it worthwhile.

6. "reed.co.uk - fantastic place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in London, England

I worked at REED full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Too many to list! But the key pros were the culture & environment working there. Fantastic family values that filtered through the organisation, and great earning potential depending on how hard you were willing to work & how much you wanted to improve.

Great training & brilliant structure provided in your initial stages, as well as continued development and support in your time there. They give you the opportunity to gain some fantastic exposure.

Cons

Not many - truly fantastic organisation. My only critique would be around technology & the speed it advances, however this is something actively being looked at

Advice to Management

Don't change. Continue giving those who have earned it the trust & autonomy to perform their roles with ownership and retain the family feel if you can.

16 Jul 2018 – Head of Talent Acquistion

Thanks for sharing your great feedback. I agree that there is a great earning potential if you work hard. Technology is forever advancing and so this is an area where we continue to develop in... More

7. "Temporary Work with Reed:"

I worked at REED full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are none that I can think of.

Cons

-They proceeded to lose my documents, have forgotten to pay me and colleagues on a weekly basis while working as a temporary worker, and in general have been very nonchalant about how inefficient they are.

16 Jul 2018 – Head of Talent Acquistion

Thanks for sharing this feedback about your experience as a temp. Please can you get in touch (matt.heather@reedglobal.com) with further details so that this can be properly investigated by our... More

8. "Old fashioned work ethic"

I worked at REED full-time

Pros

Very structured environment where you are monitored very closely, so if you are not to keen on working autonomously then this is the working environment for you!

Cons

Managers seem to be afraid of Mr Reed and follow what is put in place to the letter. You must do your 6 DB calls a day no matter what you work load is like and you must do 20 client drops a week and 5 client meetings no matter what. Very old school way of working. The office hours are nuts too, never mind about more family time for employees!

Advice to Management

Consider your staff and their family. A 40 hour week is madness.

16 Jul 2018 – Head of Talent Acquistion

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and it sounds like the role of a Recruitment Consultant wasn't suitable for you. We do have general targets in place to ensure that business development activity... More

9. "Good place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Nottingham, England
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Nottingham, England

I have been working at REED full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ability to move between offices, automatic promotions, good salary

Cons

Not all desks are the same, Medium-high KPI focus, internal disputes

25 Jun 2018 – Head of Talent Acquistion

Thanks for your review. Our career development frameworks aim to reward performance with regular salary increases (alongside the uncapped bonus) and we aim to enable and encourage Co-Members to move... More

10. "Warm, supportive and forward thinking"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Birmingham, England
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Birmingham, England

I have been working at REED full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best corporate commission package available, extensive unsung benefits and rewards. Excellent long term career potential.

Cons

Like all large companies, REED is process driven. Little daunting for former SME new starters, perhaps for the first month or so, but becomes valued content thereafter

Advice to Management

For a company that encourages free expression, drone attire is perhaps dated. But I still picked REED over my sports jacket and jeans.

25 Jun 2018 – Head of Talent Acquistion

Thanks for your great review. The training we provide aims to support some of the processes we have in place, as there is an appreciation that there's a lot to get to grips with in your first weeks... More