REED Reviews

Updated 14 May 2021

3.9
Pros
  • "Great team, great training, great fun(in 36 reviews)

• "Loads of good training and support for new starters(in 33 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Relax the dress code - It would be nice to wear more colourful clothes to work occasionally(in 67 reviews)

• "The only thing would be flexible working but I know that this is something that is being introduced(in 28 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Better Never Stops

14 Dec 2020 - Senior Account Manager in Sheffield, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The training, long term investment in your career, the opportunities, support and working for an ethical and caring company. I have been able to be involved in various activities that support my local community that REED actively encourage me to be involved. I feel like I am a constant journey of development and improvement, as I grow with the company.

Cons

We have great digital technology now, so we just to ensure we utilise the technologies as early as we can to ensure we are ahead of the game

Head of Employer Brand

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. I will ensure your feedback is passed onto Learning and Development.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company, Excellent Management.

14 May 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

So many, where do I start... The culture is fantastic and management support, right from the very top, is absolutely excellent. I feel acknowledged, respected and valued by those at the very top of the organisation, which, from chatting to friends in similar sized organisations - seems to be rare. We have some fantastic technology in place now which has been key in getting through the last 12+ months of lock downs! There are brilliant incentives and lots of rewards - from the little to the large and it seems there is even more in store over the coming year. The career development pathway is realistic and very attainable - I have been able to progress so much in a short time and have received "star awards" in recognition of this. My salary now is over £10k higher than it was when I started only 2 years ago... and that's not taking all the bonus and commission earned every month! The training has been incredible which has allowed me to progress - from having 0 recruitment experience to where I am now. This has included the formal training from the Apprenticeship team and the L&D team (who have both been amazing) - with trips to the training manor - and more recently informal "lunch and learn" sessions and the roll out of a mentoring scheme. And of course, working for the brand that is Reed brings so much with it as well - this gives me fantastic tools to do my job.

Cons

Genuinely struggle to think of any.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Brilliant company filled with brilliant people

19 Mar 2021 - Key Account Manager in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

First and foremost, the culture instilled from the top down is absolutely fantastic. It makes coming to work every day so much more enjoyable when you feel part of a great organisation and your work and your opinions are valued. It's a big family and everyone looks out for each other. I work in sales - the bonus scheme is the best I've come across and even during the pandemic the business has found a way to reward and incentivize us through this really tough period in and out of lockdown Outside of money, there are always extra awards, prizes, competitions and small gestures that personally make a big difference. We get an opportunity to give feedback every month and tell the Senior Leadership Team what we like and what we'd like to see improved. I hope to be at reed for many years to come.

Cons

From a sales point of view - it's a really tough market and it's becoming more crowded. I'd like to see more collaboration between Sales and Marketing so we can really drive improvement in site performance together. Hopefully it's something we can really focus on as we come out of the other side of this pandemic. The Pension Scheme isn't brilliant (government minimum I think)

HR Director

Thank you for taking time to write this review. It is always great to read about why our co-members stay at Reed and I am really pleased that you hope to be with us for many years to come. We have had some fantastic improvements from a marketing perspective with our online marketing hub which I hope you see in the role that you are currently doing. Thank you once again for your feedback.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Amazing company to work for!

12 May 2021 - Business Manager in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company to work for. I have 14+ years' service. Realistic & achievable career development and progression available.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons working here

5. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good outfit to work for

12 May 2021 - Career Advisor in Craigavon, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great worklife balance and pay

Cons

Hard getting promoted in the area.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

meh

12 May 2021 - Business Analyst in Raynes Park, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities for growth in a growing organisation

Cons

Salary are way below industry standard

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Leaders in their field - Great Experienced Team

27 Apr 2021 - Regional Manager in Chelmsford, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Top Consultants that have over 90 years combined experience in the recruitment market, across sectors such as Accountancy & Finance, HR, Sales, Marketing, Procurement and Business support functions.

Cons

Due to growing demand from the recovering business we need to start building the team back to the levels that we had prior to Lockdown.

Head of Employer Brand

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Not just a job but a career.

2 Mar 2021 - Regional Director in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Over the last year Reed has become a reinvented business that has moved with the times and now has marketing leading technology and tools to enable you to be the best you can in your role. Our news dynamic working practices and the ability to work from home have meant it is possible to have an excellent work life balance and it will be an exciting time moving forward to be part of the business. Reed also has a proven track record in developing its staff to provide a structured career which has benefited me over the years. Whether you are looking for a career as a seasoned recruiter or keen to follow the management path there is a structure route for you to follow.

Cons

Historically there were some outdated practices such as dress codes that have now been addressed.

Head of Employer Brand

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review, we are pleased to see that your are enjoying your time at Reed.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Family culture - if your motivated then its a good place to grow

9 Apr 2021 - Principal Recruitment Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

support is always there when needed

Cons

Senior Director level staff are so far away from the real life business world. We as a company are old school still

Head of Employer Brand

Thank for taking the time to leave a review. I will ensure your comments are passed on.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to gain experience

26 Apr 2021 - Talent Specialist in Cardiff, Wales, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great job security. Good bonus each quarter.

Cons

Promotions are made by the amount you can bill rather than based on performance/attitude/experience.

Head of Employer Brand

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review

Viewing 1 - 10 of 621 Reviews