REED Employee Reviews about "great training"

Updated 15 Sep 2020

4.0
Pros
  • "Great team, great training, great fun(in 36 reviews)

• "Loads of good training and support for new starters(in 33 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Relax the dress code - It would be nice to wear more colourful clothes to work occasionally(in 67 reviews)

• "The only thing would be flexible working but I know that this is something that is being introduced(in 28 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great training"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

6 May 2020 - Consultant in Exeter, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team, great training, great fun

Cons

None that I can think of

Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your positive review

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great training

15 Sep 2020 - Recruiter in Wolverhampton, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training Good promotion scheme Approachable management

Cons

Low salary compared to other companies Lack of parking in most places

HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. It's great to read your review. We truly do believe that our training is excellent, so its fantastic that you have backed this up. We regularly benchmark our salaries and believe that they are competitive within the market place. Unfortunately most of our offices do not have car parking but re usually close to other car parking facilities.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work and Learn

22 Jan 2020 - Specialist Recruitment Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Ceo is an Inspiration and the business is Family run from the core which is noticeable throughout training to day to day life. - Great training, L and D team is superb and the apprenticeship scheme is fantastic. - There is care in where people are placed and aftercare to make sure they are happy. - So many benefits like 5-10 year sabbatical. - You can also be funded to progress your learning in your field. - A member of so many supportive work organisations. - A big giver when it comes to Charity and Helping others.

Cons

- Just need a breakout room with some beanbags (That`s all) - A nice place to have a read or to just relax on break and gather thoughts.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Pros and Cons

6 Aug 2020 - Administrative in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The team are great. Training opportunities provided.

Cons

Long working week- 40 hours. Low salary. Confusing bonus and promotion scheme.

HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. If you need any help in better understanding our bonus and CDFs please do not hesitate to get in touch

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great opportunities and training

5 Mar 2020 - Senior Consultant in Richmond, London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have a great training approach and loads of progression opportunities

Cons

If you get a bad manager then it can hold you back

Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review. I would encourage you to share your thoughts with your Regional MD if you haven't already done so.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Sold the dream when I joined, awful when I left.

21 Feb 2020 - Business Development in Coventry, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training plan and training team. Some amazing managers. Strong brand (in low paid sectors) Great for grads who want to be kpi whipped for low salaries. Brilliant ceo who is inspiring.(Genuinely] Had some great years and met some great people. Brilliant to get experience to take elsewhere (need to get involved though). I would recommend using as a springboard.

Cons

Each office managed differently leading to inconsistent approaches. Non core specialisms suffer through being bolted onto key streams such as business support resulting in a lack of interest at times by the manager. You’re left to sink or swim whilst they “focus on the money” until your performance improvement plan (aka you’re on your way soon document needs to be delivered to you). Only as good as your last month, your outputs can be double a warm desk yet you’re considered underperforming. Kpi bashing has become prevalent since July. Progression as a consultant is by billing not ability (get a niche desk then start looking to leave to a business that supports that niche). Managers default into roles favouring billing over ability breeding selfish managers at times. Inconsistent in business comms delivery. Phone a friend scenario. Close to ten years in business and no exit review was completed yet churn is spoke about and the importance in offboarding is a core but ironic promotional tactic to clients? Old offices in places. You will attend agency days with large companies as the only consultant in a suit. Poor mileage rate yet you’re not openly told about p87 forms. Low pension in comparison to other companies. My managers were made redundant whilst I was on holiday and I was not advised until I needed expenses authorising. Remote access yet no remote working encouraged. You are targeted on getting customer reviews and encouraged/conscripted to write positive reviews yourself which give a inaccurate skew on employee advocacy. Targeted on doing drops for the sake of it. Consultants dropping a twix to win business. Do not believe the internal preaching that there are not better places, many do for too long.

1 person found this review helpful

Head of Talent Acquistion

Thanks for taking the time to outline the areas that made your experience less enjoyable. Clearly, it's not possible to reply and address everything you've listed but I would like to stress that the intent is to make a career with REED enjoyable. Unfortunately, I know the changes we made last summer have unsettled some individuals. I will share your feedback, as no matter what my personal view is, it's important that our Co-Members enjoy their experience of working for REED.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Good company to work for :)

25 Nov 2019 - Senior Team Manager in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training, honest company, ethical approach to recruitment & promote collaboration.

Cons

Old fashioned dress code & not embracing modern ways of working (I.e remote).

Head of Talent Acquistion

Thanks for your positive feedback. REED are rolling out new technology over the next few months for all of RSR Co-Members which will fundamentally change the way we currently work and act as an enabler for better ways of working both flexibly and remotely. The technology won't replace a REED tie though :)

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great

8 Aug 2019 - Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training and great people

Cons

I had none! Great experience there.

Thanks for your positive review

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Training, Career progression and Earning opportunity

22 Jan 2019 - Business Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is always great training whether you have been with the business a week or 5 years, giving you the opportunity to upskill and also progress your career with the business. On top of this earnings are uncapped so the more effort you put in to your work the better the return, with a good basic and travel allowance too.

Cons

Long hours needed to get your desk up and running - worth it though in the long run. Sometimes clients and candidates let you down which is frustrating

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

KPI MAD

19 Nov 2018 - Account Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great Training - Great People - Fun Office

Cons

- Constant KPI pressure even when you achieve your set targets and your are not valued no matter how you perform in the role. - Very accusatory environment, with no real acceptable answer for your management, and constant lying and threats.

Head of Talent Acquistion

Thanks for your review - if you would like to share more detail around your cons, please feel free to get in touch with your HR Business Partner, or contact me directly (matt.heather@reedglobal.com)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 27 Reviews