REED Employee Reviews about "great training"

Updated 6 May 2020

4.1
Pros
Cons
  • "There is still a uniform dress code which is a little out dated, this has been modernised over the years but still old fashioned for 2020(in 63 reviews)

• "The only thing would be flexible working but I know that this is something that is being introduced(in 28 reviews)

Reviews about "great training"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Consultant in Exeter, England

I worked at REED full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team, great training, great fun

Cons

None that I can think of

REED2020-05-06

May 20, 2020Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your positive review

2. "Great opportunities and training"

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Richmond, London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at REED full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have a great training approach and loads of progression opportunities

Cons

If you get a bad manager then it can hold you back

REED2020-03-05

March 6, 2020Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review. I would encourage you to share your thoughts with your Regional MD if you haven't already done so.

"Sold the dream when I joined, awful when I left."

2.0
    Former Employee - Business Development in Coventry, England

I worked at REED full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great training plan and training team. Some amazing managers. Strong brand (in low paid sectors) Great for grads who want to be kpi whipped for low salaries. Brilliant ceo who is inspiring.(Genuinely] Had some great years and met some great people. Brilliant to get experience to take elsewhere (need to get involved though). I would recommend using as a springboard.

Cons

Each office managed differently leading to inconsistent approaches. Non core specialisms suffer through being bolted onto key streams such as business support resulting in a lack of interest at times by the manager. You’re left to sink or swim whilst they “focus on the money” until your performance improvement plan (aka you’re on your way soon document needs to be delivered to you). Only as good as your last month, your outputs can be double a warm desk yet you’re considered underperforming. Kpi bashing has become prevalent since July. Progression as a consultant is by billing not ability (get a niche desk then start looking to leave to a business that supports that niche). Managers default into roles favouring billing over ability breeding selfish managers at times. Inconsistent in business comms delivery. Phone a friend scenario. Close to ten years in business and no exit review was completed yet churn is spoke about and the importance in offboarding is a core but ironic promotional tactic to clients? Old offices in places. You will attend agency days with large companies as the only consultant in a suit. Poor mileage rate yet you’re not openly told about p87 forms. Low pension in comparison to other companies. My managers were made redundant whilst I was on holiday and I was not advised until I needed expenses authorising. Remote access yet no remote working encouraged. You are targeted on getting customer reviews and encouraged/conscripted to write positive reviews yourself which give a inaccurate skew on employee advocacy. Targeted on doing drops for the sake of it. Consultants dropping a twix to win business. Do not believe the internal preaching that there are not better places, many do for too long.

REED2020-02-21

February 24, 2020Head of Talent Acquistion

Thanks for taking the time to outline the areas that made your experience less enjoyable. Clearly, it's not possible to reply and address everything you've listed but I would like to stress that the intent is to make a career with REED enjoyable. Unfortunately, I know the changes we made last summer have unsettled some individuals. I will share your feedback, as no matter what my personal view is, it's important that our Co-Members enjoy their experience of working for REED.

4. "Good company to work for :)"

Current Employee - Senior Team Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at REED part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great training, honest company, ethical approach to recruitment & promote collaboration.

Cons

Old fashioned dress code & not embracing modern ways of working (I.e remote).

REED2019-11-25

November 27, 2019Head of Talent Acquistion

Thanks for your positive feedback. REED are rolling out new technology over the next few months for all of RSR Co-Members which will fundamentally change the way we currently work and act as an enabler for better ways of working both flexibly and remotely. The technology won't replace a REED tie though :)

5. "Great"

Former Employee - Employee in London, England

I worked at REED full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great training and great people

Cons

I had none! Great experience there.

REED2019-08-08

September 2, 2019Head of Talent Acquistion

Thanks for your positive review

6. "KPI MAD"

Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at REED full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great Training - Great People - Fun Office

Cons

- Constant KPI pressure even when you achieve your set targets and your are not valued no matter how you perform in the role. - Very accusatory environment, with no real acceptable answer for your management, and constant lying and threats.

REED2018-11-19

November 26, 2018Head of Talent Acquistion

Thanks for your review - if you would like to share more detail around your cons, please feel free to get in touch with your HR Business Partner, or contact me directly (matt.heather@reedglobal.com)

7. "Great career with Reed Technology"

Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Guildford, England

I have been working at REED full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Reed have provided me with great training opportunities to develop myself, a supportive working environment where your success is their main focus and a career that has spanned over 10 years. I wouldn't choose to work with any other agency

Cons

The harder you work the more you get out of this job so you do need to be resilient, tenacious and prepared to put in the ground work in order to reap the benefits

REED2018-05-18

April 3, 2019Head of Talent Acquistion

Thanks for your positive review. I agree with your view that recruitment requires a strong thread of resilience to overcome some of the challenges and that REED reward and support you well.

8. "great place to work, great opportunities to develop"

Current Employee - Solutions Director in London, England

I have been working at REED full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

great opportunities to develop, great training, get to work with amazing people, friendly, collaborative culture, fantastic rewards for hard work. In my 10 years at REED I've been to Ethiopia to support Reed's charity, Ethiopiaid, and out to Austria to spend a week in the mountains on a leadership development course among many other amazing opportunities

Cons

As company has grown organically from day 1 without acquisition (also a great strength / amazing acheivement) can sometimes suffer from lack out outside input with respect to innovation and moving with the market

REED2018-05-08

May 14, 2018Head of Talent Acquistion

Thank you for great review and observations which will be shared internally.

9. "Always meet the team before accepting a job!"

2.0
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Hammersmith, England

I worked at REED full-time

Pros

great training! they send you off for a few weeks for intensive training. Also givesd you A Chance to meet colleagues from other offices

Cons

overly structured, to many rules in the handbook ! I.e. - not being able to call canditates at certain times?!

REED2018-04-09

April 19, 2018Head of Talent Acquistion

Thank you for taking the time to review, your comments will be shared internally.

10. "Fantastic company and great training"

Current Employee - Temporary Consultant in Colchester, England

I have been working at REED full-time for more than a year

Pros

great training, great team, opportunities, clear expectations, reasonable targets

Cons

no cons to working in the team/business

REED2018-03-23

April 26, 2018Head of Talent Acquistion

Many thanks for your great review

Found 23 reviews