REKKI Reviews

Updated 17 Jun 2020

4.1
  1. "Great Company, Great people, fun"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at REKKI full-time

Pros

The best company for moral and positive outlook i have every worked for. Find myself regularly telling people how much I love what I do and who I do it for. It is intense, but so it should be when you work for a company fighting to make a name. Bosses are all very approachable and easy to work for.

Cons

None so far, happy with them

"Toxic company"

1.0
    Former Employee - Product Designer

I worked at REKKI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some great people, interesting product, good food in the London office

Cons

- Toxic environment - People are scared of speaking their minds just in case they'll get fired - Nobody listens to the users of the app: management makes decisions based on their own ego. Then blame team for poor outcomes. - Constant manipulation of employees, hidden information, picking favourites. - Constant change in direction and then blaming employees for not delivering on time. - Misogynistic behaviour, particularly coming from senior roles. - The only two ways of surviving this company are: 1. Be alpha and manage to be one of "the favourites", then you can basically do anything you want. Or 2. Just agree to everything senior roles say, don't try to argue if something doesn't make sense, and don't point out things that evidence their poor management. - If you try and talk these things through, they completely gaslight you. -This madness only sustains itself, because they make employees believe they all own the company, and they will be incredibly successful one day, almost as if they were building the new Facebook. This way people resist and are willing to have a terrible work/life balance. My advice: You might as well find a nice company to spend your days at.

"Treated well at a company that is going places"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I worked at REKKI full-time for more than a year

Pros

A company with a small and fairly flat engineering team where your opinion will be heard. Engineers are treated well with great salaries, free breakfast + lunch, free coffee, tech summits, etc. Surrounded by intelligent and friendly co-workers. Feel like the company is going places, well lead and reacting well to outside pressure/influence.

Cons

Pressure to stay late in the evenings. The day-to-day work is not particularly exciting. Not a lot of effort/investment put into growing existing employees skill sets through training, conferences, etc.

4. "Fast growing startup working to a make a real impact"

Current Employee - Brand Manager in London, England

I have been working at REKKI part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team - interesting, talented, from a variety of backgrounds who care about what they do and are also just nice to be around. Ambitious company and challenging environment that has the potential to make a big impact. It's exciting to be part of that potential and it's a great place to learn and develop skills quickly. Nice offices and the London HQ has great breakfast and lunch served every day. Lots of opportunity for growth and development.

Cons

Due to rapid growth, a lot of things can change at short notice, which means that you have to be adaptable and able to shift gears quickly, which can be frustrating at times.

5. "An exiting place to be"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in London, England

I have been working at REKKI full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been working for Rekki for more than a year as sales manager. The working environment is extremely challenging and this helps your personal development and increases your possibility of growing in the company. As a new business, you'll need to be ready to learn quickly and be creative in your own way to approach your working day, and I can say that this is fully awarded with trust and comprehension of personal needs and ambitions. As a fast growing company, at Rekki you can expect to travel, be part of a building-up product that will change the industry and cover different roles that best suit your skills. Rekki is a perfect working environment for those that want to experience a real start-up concept.

Cons

At Rekki things can change frequently so if you're looking for a more stable role in terms of duties this could be a thing to consider.

"Challenging and interesting job in a nice working environment"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in London, England

I have been working at REKKI full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Genuine people, hard-working, driven by a belief in the company mission and genuine empathy for the users. - Good work environment. As the company revolves around food, the kitchen is at the heart of the main HQ, and we're provided with great breakfasts and lunches. New well-designed modern offices. - Interesting and meaningful work, building from the ground up means everyone has a voice. The company clearly cares for their employees.

Cons

- Being fast-paced also means ongoing improvements and changes in direction, which could be a source of stress - Hours can be longer than average

7. "Definitely going places"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at REKKI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredible potential, potentially even revolutionary Great people Challenging atmosphere Fantastic group of investors

Cons

Lack of clarify around job roles and hierarchy Poor internal communication Onboarding and training of new staff could be more thorough

Continue reading

"Fast-paced and interesting. Nice working environment"

Current Employee - Tech in London, England

I have been working at REKKI full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Company looking to solve a genuine problem in a way that works for everyone involved - people know the industry we're working for and have real empathy. - Management is constantly open to change and new ideas - very satisfying environment to work in. - Great breakfast and lunch every day.

Cons

- High expectations and long hours can create a stressful environment. - Company-wide communication and protocols could be improved.

9. "A rocket ship"

Current Employee - Business in London, England

I have been working at REKKI full-time for more than a year

Pros

-The whole company is very aligned on the goal and the mission -The culture is demanding and allows everyone to push themselves to give their very best -Performers are rewarded and given opportunities to learn new roles and grow -Everyone is concerned by the problem the company is trying to solve

Cons

-Changes in direction can be a bit tiring for the team

"Good start-up to work for and grow."

Current Employee - Software Developer in London, England

I have been working at REKKI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- It's a start-up building things from scratch, so you have a chance to learn and grow - Able to switch roles and try different things - Have a leader who listens; regular all hands meeting. - Offer great lunch in the London office

Cons

- I gain weight, because the lunch offered is too good.

Found 26 reviews