RS Components Reviews

Updated 8 Aug 2020

3.5
  1. Featured Review

"What a fantastic company!!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Compliance Engineer in Corby, Northamptonshire, East Midlands, England

I have been working at RS Components full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pretty much everything I have so far encountered about this company could be listed as a pro! Great team that are more than happy to help new starters find their feet. Enthusiasm oozes from the office. I didn't think companies like this existed any more. Its a pleasure to get up and go to work.

Cons

Really haven't encountered any cons. Its a big company. Lots of systems and acronyms to familiarise. Can seem a little daunting at first, but everyone is more than happy to assist!!

January 17, 2020Candidate Experience Manager

We're so happy we've made such a fantastic first impression on you and great to hear everyone around you is as enthusiastic. Welcome to the team!

2. "Lovely Company to work for"

5.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Corby, Northamptonshire, East Midlands, England

I have been working at RS Components full-time

Pros

Not many big companies of this kind in northamptonshire, everyone is really lovely, they all say hello to you when your walking into work even if you dont know them

Cons

sometimes the parking is full on site, but I just get there early enough for this not to be a problem

3. "Great company, great people"

Current Employee - Head of Engineering in London, England

I have been working at RS Components full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people with real passion for the company. Great leadership.

Cons

No real downside, good leadership and fast paced.

"A lovely (but not challenging) place to work"

Former Employee - User Experience Researcher in London, England

I worked at RS Components full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The London office is very pretty and they are very attentive in having everything you need. - International presence. - Great and attentive management - Linkedin learning - Excellent work-life balance

Cons

- Nothing gets executed. Product management is weak - No real career development. It becomes really boring after a while.

5. "Good"

4.0
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Corby, Northamptonshire, East Midlands, England

I have been working at RS Components full-time

Pros

Good company to work for.

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

July 13, 2020HRBP

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, they're really helpful and allow us to show others what a great business we all get to work for.

6. "GREAT PLACE TO WORK !"

5.0
    Former Employee - Digital Delivery Manager in Corby, Northamptonshire, East Midlands, England

I worked at RS Components full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of hard working dedicated colleagues across digital & technology. Lots of career progression opportunities, sideways, diagonal, upwards to help broaden knowledge across technology and the business. Investment in training is there if you want it. Genuinely loved going to work everyday for the full 5.5 years I worked there.

Cons

Pockets of poor leadership is shared across the function resulting in the loss of some committed highly skilled, business knowledgeable colleagues. Don’t let this put you off though as I personally loved this place.

July 13, 2020HRBP

Thank you for leaving a review; its great to hear, that on the whole, you had a positive time with us. We'll pass your views on to the leadership community and wish you the best of luck in your new role.

7. "Nice company but work life balance is getting worse."

Current Employee - Key Account Manager in Northampton, England

I have been working at RS Components full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great customer base. Strong E-Commerce. Lots of great people. Investment in development

Cons

Lots of pressure and admin.

March 26, 2020Candidate Experience Manager

Thanks for leaving your review. It's great to see you've been with us for almost 10years and are clearly very passionate about our customers. Flexible working has been key to ensuring our employees feel they can manage their work/life balance well and so if you feel you are not able to do this please speak to your team to discuss ideas around how best to manage your time.

8. "Great Place To Work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Portfolio Manager in Corby, Northamptonshire, East Midlands, England

I have been working at RS Components full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Empowered and Encouraged to make decisions

Cons

Some disconnect between different countries in the organsiation

March 26, 2020Candidate Experience Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're so pleased to hear you feel you can take the lead and make decisions within your area. Keep up the great work!

9. "Great benefits"

Former Employee - Key Account Manager in London, England

I worked at RS Components full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pension general benefits package and well looked after

Cons

Work life balance difficult due to admin

March 26, 2020Candidate Experience Manager

Thank you for taking time to leave a review, we're pleased you feel well supported with some of our employee benefits we offer. With regards to your work/life balance challenge, flexible working has been key to ensuring our employees feel they can manage their work/life balance well and so if you feel you are not able to do this please speak to your team to discuss ideas around how best to manage your time.

10. "-"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Corby, Northamptonshire, East Midlands, England

I worked at RS Components full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work-life balance, superb and genuine colleagues who will help

Cons

Having to be seen to be doing things without clear rationale, almost for the sake of it

Found 232 reviews