RS Components Reviews

Found 314 of over 346 reviews

3.7
RS Components CEO Lindsley Ruth
Lindsley Ruth
Pros
  • "Great work life balance, lovely people in the Ireland office, great team work(in 33 reviews)

• "people good(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Lots of ongoing changes being pushed from Senior management(in 11 reviews)

• "Lots of middle management and roles that add complexity to processes whilst bringing little in the way of value(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years
      Featured Review

Behind the Times

Jul 14, 2021 - Analyst in Corby, Northamptonshire, East Midlands, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice People to work with

Cons

A lot of the working practises were old

RS Components Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we will also make sure your feedback is passed onto the relevant departments.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good company to work for

Jul 15, 2021 - Digital Marketing Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good team and good work life balance

Cons

Slow career progress and promotion opportunity

RS Components Response

Thank you for leaving a review, its great that you are enjoying your time here. Please make sure you share your views through our employee survey and with your manager to help us improve.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

One Year Work Anniversary

Jul 8, 2021 - Treasury Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for RS for a year now and feel it's a really great place to work!! I have been home based, due to Covid, throughout. I feel included and valued and really part of the Company with common goals. The work is really interesting and I am learning new things all of the time. I have loved my first year!!!

Cons

Due to Covid i have only met my team in person once. NOT a fault of RS.

RS Components Response

Thank you for leaving your review, we are really pleased to hear you have had a positive experience and you have felt supported while working from home.

4. 3.0

Good company

Jul 27, 2021 - Digital Marketing Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team, nice culture and amazing location

Cons

No growth opportunities. People are not a priority in the company

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Jul 20, 2021 - Customer Interaction Agent in Corby, Northamptonshire, East Midlands, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Health benefits, good rewards scheme, annual bonus

Cons

Bad management. Lots of pressure. Not much support offered through covid. A fair bit of pressure especially for the wage. Expected to go above and beyond for no extra benefit to yourself.

RS Components Response

Thank you for leaving your review, your feedback is important to us and we can make sure it is highlighted to the relevant people. During the COVID pandemic, we have set up a dedicated wellbeing site for all our employees across the globe - https://www.keepconnectedec.com/ we also encourage you to share your feedback in the employee's survey

6. 5.0

Great place to work

Jun 22, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Been at rs for a number of years and its a great place to work and meeting some amazing people along the way

Cons

Sometimes can be slow to react to the ever changing environment

RS Components Response

Thank you for leaving your review, we are pleased to hear you are enjoying your career at RS Components!

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

If your face fits

Jun 16, 2021 - Customer Experience Team Manager in Corby, Northamptonshire, East Midlands, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company overall good to work for.

Cons

Customer service has a culture of ‘if your face fits’. Higher management do not get involved enough to understand where the real talent is and base opinions on what is fed to them by others. Staff in this department are very undervalued. A lot of management have been there for many years and the ‘cliques’ make it an uncomfortable place to work.

1 person found this review helpful

Candidate Experience Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear your feedback and would like to assure you we have a zero-tolerance policy towards bullying. Your feedback is important and will be shared with the relevant leadership team and will help us plan how we can tackle the issues you have raised.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Jun 17, 2021 - Inventory Specialist in Corby, Northamptonshire, East Midlands, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

HR and benefit support is great, working within your team is collaborative

Cons

Silo working is still present despite this being Employee feedback for years

RS Components Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We will also pass on your feedback on to help address our employee concerns.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Muddying the waters

May 13, 2021 - Senior Analyst in Corby, Northamptonshire, East Midlands, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are still pockets within the business where you can be valued

Cons

One of the company goals is to be more people friendly, but this is not equated by who they allow into management over the past 2-3 years. It has turned into a dog eat dog, ruthless place to work where you can be ridden then tossed aside so that someone can get ahead. Questionable practices in handling internal complaints Questionable equal pay for equal work A laissez faire attitude to employment law and the rights of the employee

Candidate Experience Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're really sorry to read such a review from an employee who spent more than 10yrs with us. We do take the time to listen to employee feedback and will ensure your review is fed through to our leadership team. We wish you all the best for your next venture.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

It’s ok

Jul 14, 2021 - Customer Service Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are great to work with

Cons

Low pay and management aren’t clear with directions

RS Components Response

Thank you for leaving a review. Your feedback is important to us and we can pass this on, please do share comments to improve with your manager also.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 314 Reviews