Radley Yeldar Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Carl Radley
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Researcher in Shoreditch, England

I have been working at Radley Yeldar full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lovely community feel and supportive team - great to work for a family-run business rather than a faceless conglomerate.

Cons

Work load can be inconsistent - this is due to reporting season, a nature of the industry.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!

Radley Yeldar2018-10-08

"A mixed bag"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Radley Yeldar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Generous employer and some great people.

Cons

A fair bit of politics

Radley Yeldar2019-07-22

"A special place"

Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at Radley Yeldar full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

1. The client list in incredible - some of the world's biggest organisations 2. The briefs are fantastic - a wide range of tricky problems that pretty much all really matter, one way or another 3. The culture is amazing - we try our best to look after each other and we have oodles of fun. And we're in Shoreditch. Yes. 4. We're not a machine - we flex in a variety of ways so you'll find yourself working with... different combinations of colleagues from the off. 5. The people who make it here do so because a) they're genuine experts and b) they care. 6. We're a family business. And that matters. Independent of greedy shareholders and independent in our thinking. 7. We know what we're trying to achieve. Our vision 'To help create a world that believes in business' drives us.

Cons

1. We're not a machine. There is a cultural resistance to process which can make life tough. 2. We can have a tendency to overburden the really good people 3. Management styles differ but there is a nervous resistance to telling people what to do. This effects our efficiencies.

Advice to Management

Always strive to get the balance right between clients, culture and commercials.

Radley Yeldar2019-05-30
  4. "Nice company and people"

I worked at Radley Yeldar

Pros

Good clients, friendly atmosphere, social scene

Cons

Difficult to fit in due to number of people that have worked there for 10+ years

Radley Yeldar2018-11-08
  5. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Radley Yeldar full-time for less than a year

Pros

– Great building to work in – Lovely people – Straight talking teams

Cons

– Cant think of any cons

Radley Yeldar2018-03-16

"Lovely RY"

I worked at Radley Yeldar full-time

Pros

Great people, family feel, the senior team really care

Cons

Grown a lot and therefore lost some of its magic

Advice to Management

Keep true to your roots

Radley Yeldar2017-11-09

"Print & Mailing Manager"

Former Employee - Print & Mailing Manager in London, England

I worked at Radley Yeldar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great working environment, some really nice people, a great blend of work hard play hard, great team feeling. Carl Radley is a wonderful boss & a lovely bloke, sharp, shrewd & to the point. He says it like it is & that's all you need in a boss.

Cons

Poor pay for experience & skills required, no chance to evolve within the role or elsewhere within the buisness after bringing up ongoing problems several times. No option for training to broaden skill set. Large turnover of staff (might be the norm within agencies?) but you had new people trying to learn off of other pretty new people & it just didn't work very well.

Advice to Management

Listen, listen & act if possible & if not advise why - don't just leave people hanging. Key people were leaving only to rejoins to get that increase in salary that you'd probably turned down previously. Have new starters work CLOSELY with good team members to properly learn the ropes & the way things should be done

Radley Yeldar2017-08-09

"Great bunch of people and a friendly atmosphere"

I have been working at Radley Yeldar full-time

Pros

Great People Nice location (particularly for people on the east side of London) Competitive salaries Looked after

Cons

Workload can be a bit repetitive for some teams Long hours can really sap the energy and enthusiasm of the workforce (especially the older we get)

Advice to Management

Keep investing in youth. Fresh minds and youthful energy help to invigorate the workplace, workforce and the business overall.

Radley Yeldar2017-07-31

"Disingenuous"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Radley Yeldar full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent creatives, truly talented individuals. Flat structure, some opportunities for development. Owner of the business and leadership team mean well.

Cons

I worked within a group of individuals who said all the right things but didn't actually do what they were paid to do. It was laced with backstabbing predominantly by those who had been there longest...and this part of the business I later learned was something of an ever revolving door. The notion of 'team' was often referred to but was largely lip service. My immediate boss didn't lead from the front and seemed... scared to have an opinion most of the time and offered no clarity. If an individual had a good idea or was particularly successful in their duties the others would actually ignore the colleague. High staff turnover at the time I joined was an immediate worry and at every quarterly review by the leadership team everyone felt vulnerable and there would be some redundancies. It felt unwelcoming despite best intentions from the leadership who are full of ideas but seem detached from the day to day. Also if you openly complimented a director it would mean by default that you would be an enemy of another director...yes this really happens as without knowing it you have chosen a side.

Advice to Management

Full of respect for the owner but surprised by inertia in certain parts of the business and how employees parade as busy but seemingly do little.

Radley Yeldar2017-08-02

"Entry level positions"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Radley Yeldar full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great work-space - Very friendly culture - Lots of cross-pollination between segments of the company - More senior colleagues are always willing to give helpful advice

Cons

- In a trendy and expensive neighborhood - commuter rush-hour through central London can be hectic

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. The way everyone works together and the camaraderie is what makes this company such a great place to work!

Radley Yeldar2017-06-12