Rank Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 2 Oct 2019

2.7
Rank Group CEO John  O’ Reilly
John O’ Reilly
Pros
  • "Excellent work life balance (best i have had in any company)(in 16 reviews)

• "The senior management knows everyone's names and it feels much more like a family than any other gaming company I have every worked in(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some senior management in particular Grosvenor leaders do not live the new values resulting in people leaving(in 13 reviews)

• "Work life balance can be improved by consciously facilitating working from home(in 7 reviews)

"Middle Manager"

I have been working at Rank Group full-time

Pros

Huge opportunity to drive change given previous relaxed culture around delivery. Friendly environment and people showing they want to deliver even though partners hold us back

Cons

Senior leadership team do not appear aligned or even fail to understand the need for change given the honestly crap ability to deliver anything in the past, from projects to financials. They are causing the toxic environment and need to buck up

Advice to Management

Believe in your people, sort out your partners and motivate people to succeed ...

Rank Group2019-03-08
  2. "Used to be a good company"

Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Rank Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Friends, experiences and that's about it

Cons

Management, hours, work/life balance, lack of incentives and generally a terrible business to be in

Advice to Management

.....

Rank Group2019-10-02
  3. "Sales and events manager"

Current Employee - Sales and Events Manager

I have been working at Rank Group full-time

Pros

Great team to work with

Cons

Working extra hours with no extra pay

Rank Group2019-08-23

September 4, 2019Communications Executive

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback, great to hear you enjoy the team you work with. When it comes to shift patterns, we do try to be flexible with our teams, and work hard to ensure we’re getting the right work/life balance for everyone. If you feel this isn’t the case, then do raise it with your manager.

4. "Good Experience"

I have been working at Rank Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly Environment, Flexible hours

Cons

Can't think of something

Rank Group2019-07-14

July 16, 2019Communications Executive

Thanks for your feedback, as a current employee it’s good to hear you’ve been unable to highlight any negative experiences… long may that continue. We try hard to ensure we’re getting the right work/life balance for everyone, so we’re glad to hear that it’s something you feel we’re doing well. Remember, you can further have your say about working for Rank with our Employee Engagement Survey which is live until 28th July and we hope you’ll get involved.

5. "EXPERIENCE"

Current Employee - Manager in Bristol, England

I have been working at Rank Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

large company & opportunity to progress

Cons

long hours & unsociaL HOURS

Rank Group2019-07-02

July 4, 2019Communications Executive

Thanks for your feedback, as a current employee it’s great to hear what you think. We’re pleased you find career progression a positive with us; across the company, we strive to help our employees reach their full potential, it’s why we’ve a comprehensive appraisal process in place. Remember, you can further have your say about working with us when our Employee Engagement Survey launches on 8th July.

6. "Would not work again"

Current Employee - Duty Manager in Leeds, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Rank Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly Management, Flexible Hours, Good Team

Cons

Don't always get paid correctly, not listened to by corporate

Rank Group2019-07-10

July 12, 2019Communications Executive

Thanks for taking the time to review working for us, we always appreciate feedback in order to hear what we’re doing well, or what’s not so great. It’s important that our teams enjoy working together and they’re engaged with our management, so it’s great to hear your positive feedback on this. We’re of course sorry to hear that you feel this isn’t the case with the Corporate side of the business, which is a shame as we like everyone to feel valued and listened to, and why we have our engagement survey and an open door policy that allows everyone to give us their opinion.

7. "Work experience"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Rank Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Career progression nice working environment

Cons

Had no negative experience

Rank Group2019-05-30

June 5, 2019Communications Executive

Thanks for leaving us a positive review. We’re so pleased to hear you didn’t have any negative experiences with us; our Talent Acquisition team will be happy! We value our employees and pride ourselves in recognising talent to ensure we help you make the most of your career opportunities with us… your review reaffirms this, so thank you and we look forward to maybe seeing you again in the future.

"Fraud"

I worked at Rank Group full-time

Pros

good place to work for

Cons

no career progression available. look elshewhere

Rank Group2019-05-13

May 14, 2019Communications Executive

Hi, I'm really sorry to hear this, would it be possible to speak to you directly and find out what your thoughts are on career progression at Rank and how this could be improved? If so, please let me know your preferred method of communication, and I will arrange this. Kind regards

"Put your staff first"

Former Employee - Marketing Executive in Maidenhead, England

I worked at Rank Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great colleagues from various departments Good facilities

Cons

Unclear career progression Fear amongst managers Directors seem out of touch with what goes on behind the scenes

Advice to Management

Slow down with the endless restructures, cuts and redundancies. Ask less senior staff members for input on restructures at an early stage. Don’t just leave it in the hands of directors who are not involved with the day to day obstacles then turn to your less senior employees when it all falls through. Value your loyal long term employees don’t treat them as just another cost

Rank Group2019-06-19

June 20, 2019Communications Executive

Oh no, we’re sorry to see you felt you didn’t have the best experience with us - this makes us even more grateful that you took the time to leave us some feedback. As you’re aware, we’re currently going through a transformation programme in order to drive our business forward. This means we need to make changes, which unavoidably affects our employees at times... we’ve tried hard to keep this minimal, but we’re only human and we may not always get it right first time. As an integral part of our company, we want our employees to feel listened to and valued. We’re sorry if you feel this wasn’t the case for you and we’ll be sure to pass on your comments to our management team. We wish you all the best for the future, and look forward to maybe working with you again in the future.

"Head office"

I have been working at Rank Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is flexible working policy but unfortunately not everyone is given this flexibility

Cons

Male nominated company that doesn't care about their employees. They are going through a Transformation program which means there is no budget for personal training/development.

Rank Group2019-04-02