Rank Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 172 reviews

2.8
Rank Group CEO John  O’ Reilly
John O’ Reilly
Pros
  • "Excellent work life balance (best i have had in any company)(in 16 reviews)

• "The senior management knows everyone's names and it feels much more like a family than any other gaming company I have every worked in(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some senior management in particular Grosvenor leaders do not live the new values resulting in people leaving(in 13 reviews)

• "safe to speak up’ in head office(in 7 reviews)

1. "Middle Manager"

I have been working at Rank Group full-time

Pros

Huge opportunity to drive change given previous relaxed culture around delivery. Friendly environment and people showing they want to deliver even though partners hold us back

Cons

Senior leadership team do not appear aligned or even fail to understand the need for change given the honestly crap ability to deliver anything in the past, from projects to financials. They are causing the toxic environment and need to buck up

Advice to Management

Believe in your people, sort out your partners and motivate people to succeed ...

Rank Group2019-03-08

"Fraud"

I worked at Rank Group full-time

Pros

good place to work for

Cons

no career progression available. look elshewhere

Rank Group2019-05-13

Rank Group Response

May 14, 2019Communications Executive

Hi, I'm really sorry to hear this, would it be possible to speak to you directly and find out what your thoughts are on career progression at Rank and how this could be improved? If so, please let me know your preferred method of communication, and I will arrange this. ...

"Depressing place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England

I worked at Rank Group full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Lovely people (workers) not management. OK building (nothing special) Central location Pay was average

Cons

Lack of communication by management Bullying behind the scenes (HR didn't want to get involved, almost like they were scared to get on the wrong side of management). Overall lack of staff care/concern

Advice to Management

Communicate to your employees (comments of this type have been made for a few years on this site but the business still doesnt take any notice). Change your senior managers as the majority only care about number one Needs to be a female/male business in ALL areas including IT.

Rank Group2019-05-15

"Head office"

I have been working at Rank Group full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

There is flexible working policy but unfortunately not everyone is given this flexibility

Cons

Male nominated company that doesn't care about their employees. They are going through a Transformation program which means there is no budget for personal training/development.

Rank Group2019-04-02

"Time for a Change"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Luton, East of England, England

I have been working at Rank Group full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Casino managers try to look after staff but have no say as policy heavily dictated from above, who do not have industry experience.

Cons

Have consistently taken from staff over last 4 years to hide mismanagement from those who are supposed to lead from front. Staff have lost night premium, staff meals, Xmas bonus, London waiting, pay rise freeze and any dignity. Also just changing to 13, 4 week payments instead of monthly to save 2 weeks pay just B4 end of financial year, even though contracts state monthly.

Advice to Management

Resign. Maybe treat staff as a positive rather than just the biggest outgoing.

Rank Group2019-04-15
  6. "Things are getting better"

I have been working at Rank Group full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Improvements in company culture are being take seriously at last

Cons

Company culture has suffered in the past few years with teams blaming each other and back bitting

Advice to Management

Continue to work on culture, bring teams together rather than pitching against each other. Director level has a huge part to play in the negative culture or recent years

Rank Group2019-03-08

"Used to be so good"

I worked at Rank Group full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

For the most part, 95% of people I worked with who weren’t senior level were some of the nicest people I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with, incredibly talented and passionate about their work and contribution to the organisation. - Nice modern office environment with spacious break out areas - On site gym - Free on-site parking (when you managed to find a space!) - The RASCALS social club always had some...

Cons

- I worked for Rank for around 4 and a half years, when I joined it was whilst the previous CEO was in charge and the environment in Maidenhead under his tenure was great. When he left and the current one came in, the atmosphere changed almost overnight. Complete lack of communication on business as a whole. - The ‘values’ are completely for show and just make the company stationary look nice, majority of the management...

Advice to Management

If members of the exec committee bothered to take their heads out of their arses for five minutes to communicate and engage more with the people who are working for them, you might be able to improve the toxic culture the current regime has created.

Rank Group2019-03-07

"Ineffective Senior Management in IT"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Rank Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Some nice people

Cons

- Bullying by technology Suppliers - Senior Management within IT ineffective in dealing with Suppliers - Generally unpleasant working environment

Advice to Management

- Handle your Technology Suppliers better - they may be operating in a niche market with little competition, but that's no excuse for bullying of Rank staff, and poor delivery.

Rank Group2019-03-16

"Casino operations manager"

I worked at Rank Group full-time

Pros

The units team ethos is great and everyone pulls together

Cons

The people at the top have no idea about the industry and how it should be ran, hence the recent restructuring which has led to hundreds of job losses

Rank Group2019-01-30

"Rank"

I have been working at Rank Group full-time

Pros

Good management team on site.

Cons

Lack of casino experience in senior roles.

Rank Group2019-01-24