ReachLocal Reviews

Found 801 of over 877 reviews

3.7
ReachLocal CEO Paul Bascobert
Paul Bascobert
Pros
  • "Excellent work-life balance with top-notch benefits(in 60 reviews)

• "The work environment is very conducive(in 42 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Senior management were bullies, the only focus was on sales people within the business(in 30 reviews)

• "Responsibility to maintain total book of business(in 18 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work

13 Jan 2021 - Learning and Development Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, positive people and really supported my career progression

Cons

Constantly changing and restructuring which can be a challenge to work within

2. 1.0

Fast paced environment.

3 Apr 2021 - Teacher in Birmingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A highly motivating environment for most members of management.

Cons

Too many managers and not enough people on the ground doing the actual day to day work.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Innovative Marketing Agency

1 Nov 2018 - Digital Marketing Specialist in Colchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive team and positive attitudes to learning and development. An agency that evolves its technology to best suit the customer's needs.

Cons

It's a numbers game, making the right amount of cold calls and appointments to hit your targets.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great opportunity.....if you're prepared to work for it.

13 Mar 2015 - Internet Marketing Consultant in Birmingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited earning potential, flexibility on ways of building your book (to suit your style of selling). Real chance to grow your own 'business' while supported with a suite of best in class products to help clients build a highly transparent, trackable, ROI positive digital marketing strategy.

Cons

Not really a con, but more of a logical justification based on the type of role and industry. You are expected to treat this role like your own business. That means the responsibility falls on you to source and set meetings with new prospects (as with most sales job), to maintain your client relationships (as with almost all sales jobs) and to build and grow your own book of business (as all salespeople should be looking to). As I said, not really cons, but these seem to be the thing pointed out as negatives on reviews. Fundamentally, as a salesperson your responsibility is to win business, keep business and grow your number of clients. Naturally, if that doesn't happen or you're not looking for a role with that level of responsibility, this won't be for you. The only real con is the impact that such responsibility can have on your work-life balance but, as mentioned, that's no different from running your own business or any other role of significant responsibility.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Quite simply the best opportunity I have ever had in any career

5 Oct 2011 - IMC in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A Great place to work Fantastic people (developed some lifelong friendships) You have the opportunity to change a clients business for the better Great support from the management team Your rewards are in direct relationship to the hard work you put in A life changing opportunity to work with a market leader and a first class offering The calibre of work colleagues is the highest of any company I have worked for, this forces me to raise my game to levels I never thought possible Again I have to say -THE PEOPLE, THE PEOPLE, THE PEOPLE - a unique culture where everyone is keen to help I have never had this be so apparent in any company I have ever worked for and I have worked for some BIG UK companies.

Cons

If you don't like hard work then this is not for you - this is a con as people who do not work hard do not last in sales. People have already mentioned the growth of the company meaning that the support does not always match the levels of staff - this is a teething problem for any rapidly growing company

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company with great opportunity

7 Dec 2014 - Sales in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at Reachlocal for over 3 years. If you are good at what you do and have the natural ability to self educate yourself and are the kind of person that wants to be the best at what you do, then you will be successful at Reachlocal. The top performers earn a huge amount of money, have the autonomy and respect from their peers and the management. ReachLocal are a Google Premier Partner and it makes it easier to sell as a result. The product although dated is still one of the best platforms in the market place. For SMEs the product is ideal. The London office has great culture, new Offices and a young and fun environment.

Cons

- Role is very self developing - If you expect to be "spoon fed" this is the wrong company for you. - Product is dated and new releases are taking longer than they should. - Training department are still developing and need to play a larger part in consultant growth - To be successful here you need to put in the hours - sometimes weekends and holidays are spent working. - Product suite is limited - Lots of change

7. 5.0

Great Place To Work!!

8 May 2015 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Have been part of the ReachLocal family for over 4 years and its been a fantastic ride. I've learnt and grown my experience and skill, not just in the digital space but personally. As an international business ReachLocal has provided me with the opportunity to grow my career abroad and this is real pro for working in an international business with local teams and offices. The industry is ever changing and ReachLocal has continued to stay true to its roots by investing in technology to keep us on the Edge and ahead of the competition. After four years I continue to wake up every day and look forward to coming to work and that is a real joy. The team is like a family and supportive of each other and when you enjoy the company and support of your colleagues it makes work enjoyable.

Cons

Its a challenging industry to work in at times, but ReachLocal is well positioned to stand out in the market.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

ReachLocal is a career and not just a regular job

8 Oct 2011 - Sales Operations Manager, London, United Kingdom in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

ReachLocal is one of the best things that has happened to me. I have been with the company now for over three years and I have enjoyed every minute of it. I truly believe in our company’s mission and it inspires me to see how caring every individual is towards our employees and clients. The experience and knowledge I have gained over those years is beyond my belief. I have been blessed with being able to work with many wonderful people, who have supported and coached me all the way to where I am now. These people have taught me so much and have given me an opportunity to grow my career in a way I didn’t think I would have the opportunity to. The one thing I appreciate most about the company is the family atmosphere at work, and as a result, ReachLocal has become an extended part of my life; much more than just a day job!

Cons

ReachLocal is a fast expanding company and sometimes it can be very hectic and overwhelming.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

No career or personal growth opportunities. Outdated product for vulnerable SMEs.

8 Dec 2014 - Account Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good exposure to a variety of businesses and industry sectors. From time to time there are some incentives to make you feel slightly more inclined to continue working. These are usually exclusive to the IMCs (salesmen) however.

Cons

- Sexist, ageist environment and culture. - Only the loud, arrogant and egotistical are commended. - Management is non-existent with no logical long-term business objectives and goals. - Immoral and ruthless "agency". - Lack of training and support. The only training provided is extremely basic and mainly in-house, carried out by other clueless employees. The PPC product is outdated and ineffective. I really feel for the clients who signup. The obscenely high PPC margins and broad match keyword strategy make the product offering totally futile. This mainly becomes apparent if a client has previously run their own Adwords campaigns or had another agency perform the same service. The IMCs - Internet Marketing Consultant - usually do not have any marketing experience at all. Or know the difference between advertising and marketing. It's alarming that salesmen with little to no experience within digital marketing are positioned as industry experts and put in charge of a large part of online marketing spends for SMEs. If you ask an IMC to explain ReachLocal's "Reverse Proxy Technology" you shall see their eyes glaze over and won't get a coherent answer. Account Managers are at the end of the food chain and receive zero recognition on their achievements. Again, no support or career prospects there despite the significance of their role. Avoid at all costs.

12 people found this review helpful
    10. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Internet Marketing Consultant

21 Dec 2014 - IMC in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice offices, you are exposed to a variety of internet marketing techniques! Good base wage!

Cons

You are trained to sell a product that as far as I could see did not help the majority of businesses. You are told great success stories of how well other employees are doing, however it seems that the majority of their 'books' have been grown by inheriting clients from staff that have been let go! The company has an incredibly high turnover of staff and unfortunately the management is to blame. The PPC product is outdated and ineffective the people who claim to be experts in the field have a weeks training at most and are not even qualified to the lowest level of the biggest product they sell. The sales techniques are also very outdated, the sales process is scripted, and I believe that it has been inherited from popular local business telephone directory. Most of the staff have such a basic knowledge of the product that they are unable to answer simple questions about the product. The staff that do usually do well are arrogant and brash, people who are happy to sell a product knowing full well that for some clients it will not work. I would strongly advise against working here.

2 people found this review helpful