Recruit Express Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Joo Siang Sim

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Closely knitted organization & Fast paced" (in 16 reviews)

• "Challenging and energetic working environment" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "No such thing as work-life balance, as quoted from the management" (in 6 reviews)

• "Quite cut throat if you don't meet the sales target, must be open and willing to communicate with colleagues very actively" (in 10 reviews)

1. "Full Time Employee"

I have been working at Recruit Express full-time

Pros

Good Remuneration and environment to work in

Cons

Must be willing to put in the hours in the initial period

Advice to Management

Nil

2. "Close-knitted teams and happening organisation!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Recruit Express full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Even between different teams, consultants work closely together to close cases .
    - Open communication where consultants share orders and candidates via emails or even just shout out across to your colleagues! All the hustle and bustle makes the office environment cheerful and fun to work in.
    - Meritocratic reward system in which one can earn much much more than a fix monthly basic salary job due to its attractive profit-sharing scheme.
    - Quarterly celebrations of achievements and happening events organised by own staff!
    - Listed company under HRNetGroup - opportunities if you want to move around, even to the many overseas operations we have.
    - For people who are keen to rise up, you have the opportunity to be a Team Leader/Manager if you hire and grow your own team.
    - Stable job even in economic downtime because temp/contract placements are the way to go in bad times.

Cons

- Need to commit long hours to build up your candidate and client base, at least for the first year. But once you start earning your incentives, you don't really have to work OT and you will also start to enjoy the incentives.
    - Need to stay positive when faced with common setbacks e.g candidate who resign, or accept other offers. Have to work faster to get a replacement.

3. "Great mentor"

Pros

Good learning place
    Great mentor

Cons

Micro Management, high target, you must be able to handle fast paced environment if not this is not the job for you

4. "Satisfying career, close knitted environment"

I worked at Recruit Express full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A challenging career that will push you to maximize your potential and reach your goals, close knitted work environment where colleagues become friends and work together to achieve targets and improve performance of the team quickly, and a management that is always on a lookout to grow potential young leaders and people who are keen to take on more responsibilities.

Cons

It is competitive which makes working in Recruit Express challenging (this contributes to it being satisfying for me). Speed is required so will need to be fast, but you will learn on the job.

5 Aug 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for the review.
    We are committed to create a conducive and collaborative environment for all our employees and we are glad to hear some of your experiences.
    We wish you the best in your... More

"Rewarding career, dynamic environment!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Orchard (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Orchard (Singapore)

I have been working at Recruit Express full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As long as I put in consistent effort, i will be able to hit my targets and earn my incentives. The company is always hiring so the overall vibe in the office is very cheerful and dynamic. Flat management structure as the CEO will interact with us every other day to ask about our day, to share with us on market insights, to share with us on motivational quotes to keep us going. It's an enjoyable 5 plus years and i never regret my choice!

Cons

Nothing major to complain about!

Advice to Management

Be open to invest in technologies or systems to enhance work procedures.

"TOXIC ENVIRONMENT + UNPROFESSIONAL SERVICES (0.5/5)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Recruit Express part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Equips you to be adaptive and aggressive + pushy in sales
    - Dog-eat-dog setting (makes you scramble for survival)
    - If you love being in a toxic environment, this is the job for you

Cons

- A few of the senior managers in the company are NOT PROFESSIONAL & DO NOT deserve any respect (imagine getting SCREAMED & SHOUTED at across the office even though it wasn't your fault)

- Companies' resources are INADEQUATE for a big company (imagine 2-3 people sharing a particular computer and telephone set)

- Your colleagues will always be flaunting their wealth

- Unethical business tactics in order to get sales

Advice to Management

- Please send your managers and senior managers for Human Resource Management courses and improvise their treatment towards the lower-level staff members

- Implement more budget allocation for your office resources

19 Jul 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
    If you would like to share more about your experiences with us, please contact us by emailing feedback@recruitexpress.com.sg so that we can... More

7. "Team-Oriented and Dynamic Culture"

I have been working at Recruit Express full-time

Pros

- Within the team, or even between different teams, Division members work closely together and support each other to meet goals. Makes the office feel like a second home as each division is closely-knitted.
    - Fun and very happening workplace in which staff participated enthusiastically in company events.
    - Career progression opportunity abounds as management believes in organic growth - grooming our very own people to rise up to leaders.

Cons

- Target-driven as company is listed but the job can be extremely rewarding if you are a consistent performer, both in terms of monetary and career progression.
    - Company events are held on Saturdays

Advice to Management

Nil

16 May 2018 – HR Manager

We wish you the best in your... More

"A realistic and competitive company"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Recruit Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A good stepping stone to enter the recruitment or hr industry. Fast pace and competitive environment that promotes competition between one another.

Cons

The company is sales and results driven, and measured one performance based on sales figures and numbers, not so much of your effort and skills set. Learning wise, the environment focus a lot of your speed and sales skills in terms of telemarketing, not much to learn if you are thinking you can learn hr skills set from this role. The company also does not provide much enrichment and they promises on a one to one coaching and mentorship, but in face one will be thrown to the sea to survive or drown. Those who did not make it, many a times leave the company themselves, are forced to leave their own or are ask to leave. You do not get much say in the company as the leaders and directors have their own set of thinking as they have been with the company for a long time and have grown to have their own mind set that is in line with the company - If they want to do, do. If they can't do, go. The benefits to the staffs are minimal, much lower than the average market standards, so it is really the commission that you are looking at if you are joining. If your sales is excellent, you get your fair share of the commission that you deserve, while if you did not meet your targets, be prepared to suffer a 20% paycut on your market-rate basic salary and risk getting underpaid and your alternate saturdays burn off to buck up your sales.

Advice to Management

Be open to hearing from your staffs. Feedback on the staffs about their leader is just as important as a leader feedback about their staff. A one sided feedback is only just as one-sides as it is. A company is only as good as its employees are as they are the face of your company and also your assets. The world has change and market have evolve to meet the new set of challenges, Recruit Express needs to relook at its structure and schemes, to stay competitive as well as retaining good talents in its company as well as developing its people skill set.

24 Jun 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

9. "Excellent Lesson, cut-throat environment"

I worked at Recruit Express full-time

Pros

Everyone is driven to hit targets

Cons

hard to stand out

16 Apr 2018 – HR Manager

10. "Paid on time"

Pros

Paid on time, temp job, call at 8.30-9am everyday

Cons

Hire through Agency, no benefits

18 Feb 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for the review.
    We are glad to hear some of your experiences and are committed to create a collaborative and conducive environment for all our employees.
    We appreciate your sharing.