Recruit Express Reviews

Updated 12 May 2021

3.2
Recruit Express Executive Director Joo Siang Sim (no image)
Joo Siang Sim
Pros
  • "great colleagues, fast paced environment(in 24 reviews)

• "Work from home, positive working environment in office(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "management will only treat you well if you hit the sales target(in 13 reviews)

• "no work life balance (even if you really cannot do any work, have to show face and stay back after 6pm)(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Think Twice before you join

6 May 2021 - Consultant in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Offer Fresh Graduate a Job

Cons

1. Management does not respect employees, humiliation, bad-mouth at your back from the managers. 2. Unethical practice, not sure how they get listed. 3. Extremely high turnover 100%? 4. They will give bad references after you resign 5. Finds all ways to deduct your salary, no benefits. But all these things happened often for local companies, especially for older generation leaders. You can not blame them, if you need a different company culture, pls join a MNC.

1 person found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. If you would like to share more about your experiences with us, please contact us by emailing feedback@recruitexpress.com.sg so that we can set up an appropriate time to talk. Thank you again for the feedback.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

The worst company ever

30 Apr 2021 - Consultant in Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon City
      Business Outlook

Pros

Don't think too much, there's no pros at all

Cons

Tons to tell, worst management style (no matter the senior staff or senior management), people are not good, they just pretended to be "friendly", but bad month all the time. You have to start work at 8:30am but OT everyday until late night with NO compensation. They will deduct your salary if you do not meet the Target( which is very ridiculous, how can you deduct our basic salary?), and the salary is SUPER below average. The HR is not aligned, you will get different story from different HR. but none of them are aligned with the contract details. THINK TWICE before accept the offer if you are lucky to have one,

3. 3.0

Accounts

12 May 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Get good knowledge in financial side

Cons

Average experience got it in this field

HR Manager

Thank you for the review. We are committed to create a conducive and collaborative environment for all our employees and we are glad to hear some of your experiences. We wish you the best in your future endeavours.

4. 5.0

Work Environment

27 Apr 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good and supportive colleagues, collaborative work!

Cons

Workload can be sometimes too stacked

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Probably not a career you'd feel compelled to stay long with

4 Apr 2021 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you're a fresh grad and is looking for a sales role, they are open and keen to hire and mould you. Due to the culture, you can grow to be resilient if you can survive. Fast paced work environement.

Cons

Toxic work culture, though this may differ based on division. You're expected to work very hard and long hours. Not very inspiring management team. Culture and leader tends to want to mould you into a typical type of sales person they are looking for and know will succeed, hence this can be a constraint on personal development. No software system is used.

1 person found this review helpful

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good learning ground for freshies

6 Jan 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

-learning ground for freshies -good incentive if do well -ceo took initiative to come office everytime to talk to each consultant (though is a way for him to do spotcheck)

Cons

-Politics -Micromanagement (certain division) Cannot reveal much but to the one who got the best sales in the division always has the last say For example -control who can the team lunch with?! -Management has rigid mindset and doesnot consider employee welfare at all (we have to carry computer back home -they dont even bother to buy laptop for everyone - can imagine how heavy to carry whole cpu, monitor, keyboard home on alternate week) -no work life balance (even if you really cannot do any work, have to show face and stay back after 6pm) - required to explain why you take annual leave (even if is very personal) -HRM not doing anything to help the employee even if employee voice out.

5 people found this review helpful

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good

15 Apr 2021 - Front Office Manager in Jurong West New Town,
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly, helpful and freedom given

Cons

Cannot think of one.. very good

8. 2.0

HR internship

29 Apr 2021 - Human Resources Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

great working colleagues and friendly people around

Cons

higher ups were demanding and old fashioned, required OT 3/4 times a week but did not pay for it

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Unethical and poor management style

18 Jan 2021 - Recruiter in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Good training ground for fresh graduates but don't recommend to stay more than 2 years

Cons

Cons: 1. Company have poor Management style and they always do unethical actions which result in consultants having difficulties being accountable to clients. 2. Personal insults to individuals by the CEO 3. Always try to play around the rules and regulations given by Govt 4. Great colleagues but incompetent management 5. Consultants need to take on alot of unnecessary roles besides sourcing for candidates (which is the main job scope) 6. Commission calculation is ambiguous. there's no clear breakdown provided. there is no proper guideline or proper calculation. 7. Traditional company, takes a pandemic to improve their system 8. No employee welfare at all, consultants are encouraged not to take too many AL & to work work work. 9. Little to no faith in employees unless you are the management or senior leaders 10. No clear directions from management. say one thing & do another. 11. no proper training given. consultants are expected to do BD/ telemarketing w/o any proper guidance

8 people found this review helpful

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

recruit express

6 Apr 2021 - Recruiter in Orchard,
      Business Outlook

Pros

good mentor and friend sl

Cons

stressful, fast paced and sales driven

Viewing 1 - 10 of 184 Reviews