Recruit Express Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 14 January 2019

2.9
Joo Siang Sim

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "It was a fast paced working environment" (in 17 reviews)

• "Challenging and energetic working environment" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "No such thing as work-life balance, as quoted from the management" (in 7 reviews)

• "Quite cut throat if you don't meet the sales target, must be open and willing to communicate with colleagues very actively" (in 11 reviews)

1. "Part Time Employee (Before entering university)"

I worked at Recruit Express part-time

Pros

They accept alevel students with no working experience and give you some insight to the HR industry.
    Learn how to cope with stress

Cons

Extremely fast paced, expect you to work like a full timer and learn quickly
    Work can be quite demanding, expect you to close contracts every week and send out resumes everyday with daily goals
    Poor pay and demand too much from a to be undergraduate

Advice to Management

Guide the part time interns more even though its a highlt cut throat industry before expecting them to swim alone

2. "HR recruitment"

Pros

Friendly, interactive, young workforce, central area

Cons

Stressful, sales target, only value result

7 Jan 2019 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
    If you would like to share more about your experiences with us, please contact us by emailing feedback@recruitexpress.com.sg so that we can... More

3. "Not a Place to Stay Long"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Recruit Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- good colleagues
    - a place to learn 360 of recruitment

Cons

Very high turnover rate
    - What is said by the HR during briefing is not the same in what is applied in the company
    - NO System to key in candidate details
    -NO System to save client list (might encounter with repeating calling the same client)
    - All procedures are manual and take a longer time to complete
    - 2 to 1 sharing computer practice- not efficient at work
    - MINIMAL training provided but expecting you to know how to do everything- need to catch up very fast unless you will be lectured
    - very MINIMUM benefit for new comers. Benefits only entitle for it after confirmation
    - Probation minimum 6 months can go up to 1 year and get 20% paycut if can’t hit the sales
    - OT is a must
    - poor management system
    - need to work in Saturday with no air-con provided

Advice to Management

- listening to staff is important
    - improve your system and database

7 Jan 2019 – HR Manager

4. "Full Time Employee"

I have been working at Recruit Express full-time

Pros

Good Remuneration and environment to work in

Cons

Must be willing to put in the hours in the initial period

Advice to Management

Nil

Thank you for the review.
    We are committed to create a conducive and collaborative environment for all our employees and we are glad to hear some of your experiences.
    We wish you the best in your... More

5. "Close-knitted teams and happening organisation!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Recruit Express full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Even between different teams, consultants work closely together to close cases .
    - Open communication where consultants share orders and candidates via emails or even just shout out across to your colleagues! All the hustle and bustle makes the office environment cheerful and fun to work in.
    - Meritocratic reward system in which one can earn much much more than a fix monthly basic salary job due to its attractive profit-sharing scheme.
    - Quarterly celebrations of achievements and happening events organised by own staff!
    - Listed company under HRNetGroup - opportunities if you want to move around, even to the many overseas operations we have.
    - For people who are keen to rise up, you have the opportunity to be a Team Leader/Manager if you hire and grow your own team.
    - Stable job even in economic downtime because temp/contract placements are the way to go in bad times.

Cons

- Need to commit long hours to build up your candidate and client base, at least for the first year. But once you start earning your incentives, you don't really have to work OT and you will also start to enjoy the incentives.
    - Need to stay positive when faced with common setbacks e.g candidate who resign, or accept other offers. Have to work faster to get a replacement.

6. "Great mentor"

Pros

Good learning place
    Great mentor

Cons

Micro Management, high target, you must be able to handle fast paced environment if not this is not the job for you

We wish you the best in your... More

7. "Satisfying career, close knitted environment"

I worked at Recruit Express full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A challenging career that will push you to maximize your potential and reach your goals, close knitted work environment where colleagues become friends and work together to achieve targets and improve performance of the team quickly, and a management that is always on a lookout to grow potential young leaders and people who are keen to take on more responsibilities.

Cons

It is competitive which makes working in Recruit Express challenging (this contributes to it being satisfying for me). Speed is required so will need to be fast, but you will learn on the job.

5 Aug 2018 – HR Manager

We wish you the best in your... More

"Rewarding career, dynamic environment!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Orchard, Central (Singapore)

I have been working at Recruit Express full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As long as I put in consistent effort, i will be able to hit my targets and earn my incentives. The company is always hiring so the overall vibe in the office is very cheerful and dynamic. Flat management structure as the CEO will interact with us every other day to ask about our day, to share with us on market insights, to share with us on motivational quotes to keep us going. It's an enjoyable 5 plus years and i never regret my choice!

Cons

Nothing major to complain about!

Advice to Management

Be open to invest in technologies or systems to enhance work procedures.

We wish you the best in your... More

"TOXIC ENVIRONMENT + UNPROFESSIONAL SERVICES (0.5/5)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Recruit Express part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Equips you to be adaptive and aggressive + pushy in sales
    - Dog-eat-dog setting (makes you scramble for survival)
    - If you love being in a toxic environment, this is the job for you

Cons

- A few of the senior managers in the company are NOT PROFESSIONAL & DO NOT deserve any respect (imagine getting SCREAMED & SHOUTED at across the office even though it wasn't your fault)

- Companies' resources are INADEQUATE for a big company (imagine 2-3 people sharing a particular computer and telephone set)

- Your colleagues will always be flaunting their wealth

- Unethical business tactics in order to get sales

Advice to Management

- Please send your managers and senior managers for Human Resource Management courses and improvise their treatment towards the lower-level staff members

- Implement more budget allocation for your office resources

19 Jul 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

10. "Team-Oriented and Dynamic Culture"

I have been working at Recruit Express full-time

Pros

- Within the team, or even between different teams, Division members work closely together and support each other to meet goals. Makes the office feel like a second home as each division is closely-knitted.
    - Fun and very happening workplace in which staff participated enthusiastically in company events.
    - Career progression opportunity abounds as management believes in organic growth - grooming our very own people to rise up to leaders.

Cons

- Target-driven as company is listed but the job can be extremely rewarding if you are a consistent performer, both in terms of monetary and career progression.
    - Company events are held on Saturdays

Advice to Management

Nil

16 May 2018 – HR Manager