Recruit Express Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Recruit Express Reviews

Updated 22 Jan 2020

2.3
Recruit Express Executive Director Joo Siang Sim (no image)
Joo Siang Sim
Pros
  • "great colleagues, fast paced environment(in 20 reviews)

• "Helpful and supportive colleagues, comfortable and friendly working environment, Great benefit scheme(incentives(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Stressful, sales target, only value result(in 11 reviews)

• "Too fast-paced, but whether this is a con varies upon individuals(in 10 reviews)

1. "Retail Assistant"

I worked at Recruit Express part-time

Pros

Quick to get you a job

Cons

Last minute administrative work required on your part

Recruit Express2020-01-22
  2. "Temp"

I have been working at Recruit Express part-time

Pros

Dynamic and fast-paced working environment

Cons

Stressful, poor mentorship from seniors

Advice to Management

Train the newbies better

Recruit Express2020-01-03
  3. "Cut throat environment"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Recruit Express full-time for less than a year

Pros

Higher starting pay for fresh grad.

Cons

Poor management. Sales job, career growth = the amount of sales you bring in.

Recruit Express2020-01-06

"Toxic work environment"

Current Employee - Human Resources Consultant in Tampines New Town, East

I have been working at Recruit Express full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

you can survive here, you can survive anywhere.

Cons

- very toxic work place with very fake people. - very numbers/ KPI driven company. - very little guidance to junior team members. we are expected to know everything even tho promise that will teach us. ridiculous company. - very traditional and old school company

Advice to Management

look into the welfare and pls revise the whole company.

Recruit Express2019-11-14

"Decent stepping stone; strong traditionalist mindset"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Singapore

I worked at Recruit Express full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

In summary, the only positive thing I can take away is my (ex) colleagues in the office that made work bearable. It will be subjective to say that I have picked up many foundational skills in terms of recruitment, negotiation, speaking to clients and candidates, etc; and this, I feel, can open windows of opportunity to move up the career ladder elsewhere. In short - this job is ideal as a stepping stone but not a final destination for those that want more meaning out of their careers.

Cons

- A traditional mindset in terms of work culture (e.g. working late equates to higher productivity in their eyes.) - It's all about numbers. You may be the most well-liked person in the office but the moment your numbers do not add up to expectation, you're just another cog in a machine that is easily dispensable. - Emotionless and transactional. We are all made to treat our clients and candidates (ironically) as a piece of meat. "Just send! Just send! Don't think so much!". I don't think that's how Human Resources work, right? The whole basis of this is already wrong. - Management is selected based on the number of sales the person does, not so much of merit. Leadership selection becomes very unnatural because some leaders do not know how to be a leader. - Double standards. There's no clear-cut guideline on when an employee gets confirmed in the role, or when the employee gets to go for their CEI examinations. It is all decided by merit as well as whether management likes you or not. - Pay-cut if we do not hit our minimum mark (monthly). I suppose negative reinforcement is their way of making us work harder. - Taking leave becomes a million-dollar question for the employees there. You must go through a vigorous multiple-round interrogation on why/who/when/how come you're taking leave and must you? Can you cut it shorter? Are you able to come back earlier? Basic entitlements are considered a privilege in their eyes. - Worst of all: whoever has the highest sales are deemed to have the strongest say in the company. I believe the current employees have seen it with their own eyes that in certain situations, directors have no say over managers decisions' especially when the manager is high-performing. It becomes destructive because decisions made end up very biased and one-sided and nobody has a say. - Micromanagement. It's fine at work because of the nature of the job, but even till the point of dictating WHO you should eat with during lunch. Like seriously? Are we kids?

Advice to Management

I feel that there are redeeming factors within this company; however, if the management does not take heed in modernizing the office and realize that money alone will not make an employee in this generation stay and be loyal to you, then this company will just end up being a sinking ship. I appreciate the opportunities given when I was there. It made me realize what I DO NOT want to do, and it's to be in this company anymore.

Recruit Express2019-09-19
  6. "Bad experience in Infocomms"

I worked at Recruit Express full-time

Pros

Bad bad bad experience. You thought that working in a small team means that there is good teamwork and people can support each other better but there is just this one who doesn't see this. Having superb sales doesn't equate to high moral values. No work ethics, no professionalism. Selfish, self righteous, playing mind games and word games, backstabber, play rank game, using your rank and sales to get people to follow

Cons

this is nothing but a vicious cycle.

Advice to Management

How can you improve the work environment when you choose to retain the toxic person.

Recruit Express2019-10-11
  7. "Backend"

Current Employee - Senior Executive

I have been working at Recruit Express full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

great colleagues, fast paced environment

Cons

many out of work activities

Recruit Express2019-08-16
  8. "Recruitment Consultant"

I worked at Recruit Express full-time

Pros

Good stepping stone into Recruitment

Cons

Low starting salary pay even for fresh grads

Recruit Express2019-08-06

"Good place to start off from scratch!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Orchard, Central

I have been working at Recruit Express full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome colleagues in the office

Cons

Office politics within higher management

Recruit Express2019-06-10

"A place to stress out"

I worked at Recruit Express full-time

Pros

If you enjoy cut throat environment this place welcomes you

Cons

Poor work ethics, management style, unnecessary politics. it’s just a number game(it’s about them, never about your welfare, unfair pay cuts, OT until siao but if you can’t fill roles, then sorry your pay still needs to get brutally cut if not bye) even though MOST of the time it’s based on luck and job market but they view it as your ultimate “skill”

Advice to Management

Good luck, hire the right ppl who love to stress everyday and shove jobs for a living

Recruit Express2019-07-11