Red Ventures Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 24 Mar 2020

3.2
Red Ventures CEO Ric Elias
Ric Elias
Pros
  • "Best work environment i've experienced so far(in 53 reviews)

• "Whether working in the state of the art facility or playing in the bowling alley or basketball court, everything about Red Ventures is fun(in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance & stress of the sales role(in 41 reviews)

• "The energy went from a hyped up place all about making money to a depressing call center where people hate their jobs(in 30 reviews)

"Absolutely no direction - unless you're a fan of going round in circles"

Former Employee - Product Owner in London, England

I worked at Red Ventures full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Breakfast and snacks Regular-ish socials Volunteering day - unless they've since cut this of course

Cons

- top down decisions made under the illusion of autonomy - you are just a name not a person and expendable no matter your experience - perks under previous management such as work from home have been revoked as it apparently builds a bad 'culture' - complete overuse of the 'build a great culture' angle in order to get staff to do whatever management think is required to build a 'great company' - ridiculous switch in direction constantly, depending on whatever is 'important' to management this week - losing all the staff who actually new anything about the business and assuming that knowledge can be replaced easily - or with contractors - they genuinely do not care about you, your experience or opinions - at all. If you want to be a lapdog, go for it. Still doesn't mean they won't throw you under the bus. - don't expect a work/life balance

Red Ventures2019-10-11
  2. "Awesome!"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I worked at Red Ventures full-time

Pros

Great pay, incentive and benefits

Cons

Fast pace and repetitive

Red Ventures2020-03-24
  3. "Honest Review Of Expectations"

Former Employee - Sales Professional in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

cool people and good money if you are motivated

Cons

very ruff schedule and hard to speak to a human

Red Ventures2020-03-10
  4. "Great Place to work"

I have been working at Red Ventures

Pros

- Everyone here wants to help others succeed - Leaders value the opinions of others - value statements are used everyday - Great food on campus - exercise classes

Cons

- I haven’t seen many cons yet overall I have had an amazing first few months

Red Ventures2020-03-05

"All the Bad Things You've Heard Aren't Just from Sales Employees -- an Analyst's View"

Current Employee - Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the smartest people around. Several of the associates I met were super nice people. The amount of data there is to play around with is amazing. I definitely vastly improved my analytical skillset while here.

Cons

If I had to narrow down my 15+ months at RV down to a few words, "stressful" and "not worth it most of the time" would highlight the list. I could go on and on about my frustrations but in an attempt to not write a novel, I'll stick to high level cons that should absolutely be heavily considered before accepting a job here. First and foremost, RV experience is WAY more valuable than external experience. That’s why you can have someone 2 years removed from college, who has only ever worked at RV as your manager. This isn’t necessarily always a bad thing but it’s tough to come in with multiple years of experience and be considered at a lower level than someone just because you haven’t worked at RV as long. In the same vein, the people who get promoted and end up managing teams aren’t afraid to be cut-throat. To make it to the top, you’ll have to grind it out. Due to this, there are plenty of situations where your manager might be very good at what they do but are a terrible manager. If you aren’t willing to sacrifice your life and grind with those who only care about climbing that ladder, then you will have a difficult time. I have personally been part of situations where I was yelled at for not answering an email at 10:30 PM. I have heard it said that this isn’t a 40 - 50 hour a week job, this is a 60-90 hour a week job. That is insane. We don’t work on Wall Street, nor do we get paid like we do, so this expectation is ridiculous. Finally, your development here GREATLY depends on your relationship with your manager. The review system is set up in a way that if your manager doesn’t like you, then you’re screwed. You can end up having a manager give you an annual review but they have only worked with you for 3 months. You can and will be switched to multiple teams, and you will be lucky if your opinion is sought beforehand.

Red Ventures2020-03-12
  6. "sales"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Fort Mill, SC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Red Ventures full-time for less than a year

Pros

An environment where everybody encourages each other.

Cons

It is a sales job with pretty a strict metrix . Every month you have to meet certain goals or you are gone.

Red Ventures2020-03-09

"A Place to Accelerate Your Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

At RV, you have the opportunity to carve your own path. You can stay on a set career track or utilize your skills and interests to pursue other roles within the company, even if it is not in the same position group. This allows you to become extremely well-rounded and be exposed to business, technology, and a variety of management approaches all in one place. The people who work here are smart, talented, and honestly really fun to work with. I have made great friends here and genuinely have a good time at work. We work hard together and celebrate wins, both big and small, as a team. The amenities on campus are second to none. Having access to a wide variety of subsidized meals, fitness centers and classes, and a beautiful, clean, and modern campus make coming to work not only bearable but exciting. Another thing I love about RV is the commitment to giving back to the community. There are several non-profits and community involvement initiatives that have real impact on under-served communities. There are tons of opportunities for employees to volunteer throughout the work week to support different events that take place on or close to campus. There are also mentorship opportunities so we can give back to individuals being served by our programs. Few companies nowadays have a heart to serve others in such a meaningful way. Volunteering is part of our culture here, and that is something I love about RV.

Cons

- Ambiguous and inconsistent career trajectories/compensation bands for roles across multiple position groups. - Inconsistent promotion and compensation increase criteria, despite messaging from HR that practices are consistent. - Lack of people leadership qualities and soft skills for managers. There is a training program for new non-sales managers but it is not on-going support once the training is finished, which allows bad habits to form. In my experience, external hires coming into middle management roles struggle to fit into our culture due to gaps in soft skills and can be a detriment to team dynamics and progress.

Red Ventures2020-02-05

"Okay starting job"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time for more than a year

Pros

It introduces you to sales. Reallly stressful and demanding

Cons

1 sick day for 6montha

Red Ventures2020-02-24
  9. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Workforce Operations Coordinator in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time

Pros

Great culture Great people Fast paced Awesome benefits

Cons

Nepotism Preference for outside hires for corporate roles.

Red Ventures2020-02-12
  10. "good pay, ehh hours."

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I worked at Red Ventures full-time

Pros

Atmosphere competing big footprint out of works

Cons

start off with terrible schedule can be a little strict

Red Ventures2020-02-24