Regis Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Regis Corporation CEO Hugh Sawyer
Hugh Sawyer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • HUGE expectation for stylist for minimum wage (in 53 reviews)

• upper management is the worse team i (in 50 reviews)

1. "Get in what you put out !"

Current Employee - Salon Manager
    Current Employee - Salon Manager

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great in salon team, head office are all friendly, regional managers really nice, training offered through out the year, good retail ranges to recommend to guests.

Cons

Pay schemes low, bonus's hard to achieve and when you do your taxed on them , constant policy and structure changes, 0 passion for hair very financially focused, lack of funding for salons that need updating, irregular motivators only when it's seen your in need of a kick, very little recognition for long standing employees, hours can be long, very little progression opportunities, used for your qualities with empty promises of further education or job opportunities

Advice to Management

Recognise your staff before you lose or demotivate them, don't promise and fail to deliver. Don't expect the world and give nothing in return, your salons need updating and not just in city centres

2. "summary"

Former Employee - Manager/Stylist in Salisbury, England
    Former Employee - Manager/Stylist in Salisbury, England

I worked at Regis Corporation part-time

Pros

hr and admin very good. large company

Cons

poor pay
    little training for manager
    badly looked after salons - lighting poor- plumbing poor- health and safety poor- allows dogs at work in salons-no corporate image - bad stock contoll
    staff not motivated
    lack of educational motivation
    lack of technology
    limited pricing structure

Advice to Management

the management need to wake up !realise that create great salons they need to invest in their fixtures fitting decor to attract more clients- not just rely on their ethos of the 80s charm look.
    also hair nails and beauty holistic therapies are a package people expect it
    managers need a full training programme at start of a contract not rely on other people in salon to teach this
    monetry incentives need to improve

3. "Hairstylist"

Former Employee - Hairstylist in London, England
    Former Employee - Hairstylist in London, England

I worked at Regis Corporation (Less than a year)

Pros

A experience and busy shop

Cons

Had to earn commission to get minimum wage
    Always average you work

Advice to Management

Look after there staff properly

5. "Regis uk"

Former Employee - Salon Manager in Scunthorpe, England
    Former Employee - Salon Manager in Scunthorpe, England

I worked at Regis Corporation (More than 3 years)

Pros

The training provided by the company is good there is always scope to gain new skills

Cons

The pay is low and the hours are long, a lot of the premises in Lincolnshire require modernisation

Advice to Management

Investing in your work force with good pay and bonus schemes would allow you to keep staff for longer periods

6. "Great company most of the time (uk)"

Current Employee - Manager in Birmingham, England
    Current Employee - Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I really love working for regis. I have been an employee for 6 and a half years.
    great career progression, you can go into management, education and also the creative team. Good training courses and a lot on offer. Also train managers in HR these days.
    Most salons tend to be in good busy locations do lots of walk in guests.

Cons

Unrealistic targets for comission.
    Goal post gets changed for monthly bonus.
    wage for managers are very low compared to othe companies.
    Use to get a lot of incentives where you could win holidays and gadgets, don't do this now due to cit backs.
    staffing tends to be tight in each salon so can be a nightmare when organising holidays.
    have to rely on tips and comission to boost your wage.

Advice to Management

Make it the way it used to be.
    Review managers pay when they ask, I've not had a pay rise in 5 years when I know the senior management have.
    Some salons needs to be invested in and refurbished

7. "Stylist"

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time

Pros

flexible schedule, tips, good customers, positive advertising.

Cons

corporate politics, micromanaging, minimum wage pay, restricted vacation time periods, no commission.

Advice to Management

take care of your stylists, give them a raise.

"Smoke screen"

Current Employee - District Manager in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - District Manager in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Use to be a great company that really cared about their people.

Cons

District Managers and Regional managers are constantly left in dark, lately my job consist of preparing salons in my own district just to hand over the keys to a franchised owner, in the meanwhile I have no idea what is happening to my postion, will it be eliminated, will I get a servance pay. No one is enlightening me on where I stand with my career, as if I don't have a family and a livelihood not that it's corporate's concern.
    In the meantime one by one my salons were closed down, than a realignment list was sent out with my name and salons on my list of what looks to be my new district but all the salons on the list have already been sold to a franchised owner and I am expected to just wait and see what is going happen with my postion or servance pay. I may have to move out of my house, I understand changes have to be made but what happen to being honest with your people, respecting and inspiring your people, it's time Regis be accountable for their actions. It just our HAIR vaules but the core standards are not being followed by the company! I am heartbroken and overworked, I give my job my all and in return they leave me lost and stressed.

Advice to Management

If you need SDL's to prepare salons to sell off. Simply let them know that, that way they can plan ahead. We have children we provide for you may get paid plenty but some of us depend on our jobs to provide. Stop having confrence call as smoke screens, you are impacting lives and it's disgusting how you feed your people so much bull crap. Just be honest!

9. "Great environment to learn and grow"

I have been working at Regis Corporation part-time

Pros

Plenty of learning tools to build and grow your business, and skill level. Flexible schedules. Plenty of walk-in traffic.

Cons

The demands are high. You're not just working behind the chair. You're filling out goal sheets and recording data and making art projects for the back room. There is a lot involved.

Advice to Management

I feel that management is not just a position in a company or corporation. It is a way of being. Living and being our HAIR values. I wish I could experience upper management living and being and teaching and fostering our HAIR values in our salons. It all begins and ends with the leaders.

10. "Great company to work for."

Current Employee - Salon Manager in Oregon, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Salon Manager in Oregon, OH (US)

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you truly have a passion, you will succeed here. Being a stylist is all about what you make of it. If you work with your manager and follow the tips she gives you; you will have success!

Cons

As in every salon there are slow times, but if you just sit there, hide behind the wall, and wait you are going to be slow. It is what you make of it.

Advice to Management

Be there for your team.

"Hang on Tight!"

Current Employee - Senior District Manager
    Current Employee - Senior District Manager

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have had great direct leadership which has taught me so much!

Cons

There is constant transition, realignments and lay offs. With this means, no raises.

Advice to Management

To retain staff - find a way to praise them if there is no opportunity to compensate them. Also, don't get ahead of the game and give promises that you will have to take back from all salons.