Regis Corporation "great place" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Regis Corporation Employee Reviews about "great place"

Updated 17 Jul 2019

2.8
Regis Corporation CEO Hugh Sawyer
Hugh Sawyer
Pros
  • "If you understand how they pay the money is awesome I started off as a stylist(in 136 reviews)

• "Smart style is a great place to learn and grow as a stylist(in 41 reviews)

Cons
  • "I became a stylist to make people feel good about themselves not to push products on them(in 147 reviews)

• "No hands on education, minimal marketing for the salons(in 75 reviews)

Reviews about "great place"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "great company"

Former Employee - Hair Stylist

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

loved education and team. great place to start and grow

Cons

poor management and unprofessional comments at times

Regis Corporation2019-07-18

"Don't Do It"

Former Employee - IT Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Regis was a great place to work. The pay was never great, but the people and the culture used to make for a fun work environment where you could learn on the job, and be involved in a solution that would help benefit the company. Work/Life balance was normally pretty good.

Cons

The new CEO came, claimed to be "transparent" the whole time he was just figuring out ways to sell off parts of the business and make his stock price go up so he could get paid. Then the new CTO came, and had 0 communication with his team from the start. The CTO works out of California, didn't take any real time to understand the business or how all of the systems were tied together. Made demands, everyone was too scared to say anything, and it was a disaster. Then the second year of no raises came because " we aren't giving the stylists raises" (I'm pretty sure everyone thinks they should get raises, but the people at corporate can't make the CEO do that.) Everyone found out about not getting a raise via an emailed podcast. One of the greatest lines from that podcast from the CEO that makes millions of dollars a year was " I don't believe that merit increases help people". It just went to show how out of touch he is with the people that took pride in their jobs and wanted to work to make Regis a better place. Throughout the last year and a half, the moral has been horrible. Every day you came to work, everyone was afraid for their job, and looked like their grandma just passed away. It was horrible. In the IT department, it was generally a "Boys Club" on a regular basis. Promotions were handed over during the "Raise Freeze" for positions that were never even posted for other people to apply too.

Advice to Management

Do better. Try to at least understand your business, and reward the people that are staying to continue to work for you. The stylists should get raises. Maybe try to do that instead of punishing everyone else because you choose to not give them a raise. The moral and communication are absolutely terrible. The job market is too good for you to continue to disrespect your employees time and undervalue their worth. My advice to anyone looking to work here in IT. Don't do it. You'll never be paid what you are worth. The CTO has ZERO vision or understanding of Infrastructure, and a huge lack of communication. They always want something for nothing, and then they ask for it again. It's emotionally exhausting to work here. There are multiple IT jobs out there, with companies that have it together. This isn't one of them.

Regis Corporation2018-12-28

"Operations"

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of hard working and genuinely nice people. Prior to the current CEO and leadership, Regis was a great place to work.

Cons

Leadership cannot make any positive impact. If they have the will and heart to, someone will stop them. If you value yourself, dignity and morality this is not a great place to work.

Advice to Management

You are failing the countless employees that believe they work for an organization that cares.

Regis Corporation2019-01-02
  4. "Stylist"

Current Employee - Hair Stylist in West Plains, MO

I have been working at Regis Corporation part-time for more than a year

Pros

Regis is a great place to learn and grow as a stylust

Cons

Small towns people can be kinda mean. Bigger cities were a lot better and had way more opportunities for advancement

Advice to Management

I was a manager at my previous location. Just because someone has been with the company for a while does not mean they are going to be good managers. I highly recommend listening when someone tries to speak up.

Regis Corporation2018-09-01
  5. "Manager/ cosmetologist"

Former Employee - Salon Manager in Wasco, CA

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart style is a great place to learn and grow as a stylist. It was a great place for me to learn how to manage a salon and be a team leader. Made me stronger in sales and marketing.

Cons

I can’t complain I enjoyed where I worked.

Regis Corporation2018-07-31

"Ok"

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time

Pros

When I began, it was a great place to start

Cons

Company seemed to stop caring about the employees

Regis Corporation2018-06-08

"My personal experience was great for building my clientele in order to be able to move on to commision only!"

Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Celina, OH

I worked at Regis Corporation part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place for someone just starting out in the hair bizz or getting back in it again to build their clientele! Also great learning experience every stylist to keep them from falling into "bad" habits AS much as they would going to a private salon or booth rent. Also, you never work for free while your trying to build your clientele...so bonus there! Lol Its a place you have to work at to understand and take the good with bad. Its different for everyone.

Cons

Cooperate rules and guidelines can be a bit to much sometimes. Sometimes it seems like being a corporation, it tends to give you the "it sounds good on paper but doesnt seem realistic when your the one applying it" kind of feeling at times. Management and district leaders seem to change too frequently and things can spiral down with inconsistancy from there. Its hard to keep good help in corpate atmospheres because of the "stigma" and pay. Most move on quickly. Very few stay for the "long haul". So it does get hard to deal with the inconsistencies.

Advice to Management

Compensate the managers and district leaders well and take care of them so they want to be there more and stick around longer. That would cut down on turnover rate and valuable employees might stick around longer. Review district leaders a little more in depth. People look can look good on paper but that doesn't mean theyll be good at the job. Also- stylists are worth a little more than what corporations, not just regis, offers. We went to school, have student loans to pay and that's why the really valuable employees eventually look elsewhere. We need to feel valued more.

Regis Corporation2017-09-17
  8. "Hair Stylist"

Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Kingsport, TN

I have been working at Regis Corporation part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work, good customer flow, and flexible.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this company.

Regis Corporation2017-06-12
  9. "Employees are underpaid"

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great place for a new stylist to gain experience.

Cons

Stylists, managers, and field leadership are underpaid.

Advice to Management

Re-work the pay plans for stylists, they are the bread and butter of the organization.

Regis Corporation2017-04-21
  10. "great place to start"

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time

Pros

This was a great place to begin developing skills in the sales world.

Cons

not alot of options for advancement

Regis Corporation2017-03-10