ResMed Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 358 reviews

4.0
ResMed CEO Mick Farrell
Mick Farrell
Pros
  • "Flexibility, good work life balance(in 33 reviews)

• "Excellent culture, a leadership that embraces innovation and is willing to take reasonable risks great benefits, and a(in 24 reviews)

Cons

"Positive first few years but change in management changed the culture."

I worked at ResMed full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good initial training but I understand this has changed in recent years. Good benefits like gym membership , phone , car , healthcare. Good support if you work for sleep devision but not well supported for respiratory care portfolio.

Cons

Strong profit focus even over patient safety. This left patients in vulnerable position as Sleep business is money maker and takes managers priority over Life Support! Those in positions of power fail to understand the importance of device safety concerns and don’t support those who have to deal with the end users and clinicians. Poor culture of feeling you will be managed out should you raise attention to any... product issues.

Advice to Management

Patient safety should always come before anything else. More support and better communication with those in the field. Go out of the office and meet with clinicians and end users to see the impact device issues have in the real world and not just on sales figures and pie charts! If you can’t say hand on heart you would let a friend or relative use a device you’re selling then you shouldn’t be selling it!

ResMed2018-06-15

ResMed Response

June 20, 2018CEO

Thank you for sharing your thoughts; however, I strongly disagree with your comment about safety. Our #1 priority is patient safety - I will directly respond to your "hand on heart" question: many of us here (me included!) not only recommend our devices to family and friends but ...

"Great company with huge potential, Many poor managers only focused on self promotion."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at ResMed full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Best products, very innovative company, huge potential to increase speed of growth. Some personal growth possibilities, if you are well connected. Good benefits,@ but no room for negotiation once inside.

Cons

Management team is only looking for ways of getting promoted, they work hard to look good to global leaders and completely neglect the team that is achieving the results on a daily basis. Team work only exists if management can benefit from it, if they gain nothing your requests and ideas are ignored. HR is on the side of the company, never on employees’ and will lie/ omit truth for that.

Advice to Management

Company is achieving good results, but the team is loosing morale, if management can’t focus on the people, we will lose more good people! Managers need to manage people, work with them, not dictate rules and ignore feedback, just to work on international projects for self promotion. Global management should find ways to better access what is going on from below to the top. Current system of ‘anonymity’ surveys is... not working, people are lying and the ones that write the truth are hunted down.

ResMed2018-04-21

"No trust"

I have been working at ResMed full-time

Pros

Good products, great facilities but poor management is ruining the company.

Cons

It’s lost it’s heartl, loyal staff being cut from continuous and random “restructuring” In reality Shareholders and profits come before everything else, employees are treated like a disposable. They have lost sight of where they have come from and have no sense of loyalty to their employees.

ResMed2018-05-16

"nepotism"

I worked at ResMed full-time for more than a year

Pros

massive opportunities exist, but only if you know the right people

Cons

it's all about who you know, never mind your knowledge

ResMed2016-06-22

"Great company to work for! Company focused on employee success"

Current Employee - Product Owner in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ResMed full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

ResMed has been key to my career growth by giving me the opportunity to work with many areas of the business throughout the years. HR encourages regular meetings with management to keep track of career goals and the company offers many great resources for growth such as in-house learning programs, LinkedIn Learning, Toastmasters, and more. In my experience with working with many people in the business throughout... the globe, I find the company has a great culture . Additionally, the company encourages flexible working hours where appropriate, which I find one of the best parts about working here. Company also has many fun events in each department on a regular basis and video conferences/travel which fosters that company culture.

Cons

On-the-job training is questionable for roles that don't require formal training which makes the company prone to making some preventable mistakes or wastes time, but depends on the manager and it's not beyond what is seen in other companies.

ResMed2019-09-09
  6. "Regional Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore

I have been working at ResMed full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and I mean it. Open communication culture, management willing to take feedback. People working towards a good cause (medical solutions for patients). Bunch of genuine, authentic people.

Cons

Still fairly young company (we celebrated 30 years this year). Given evolving skillsets and digitalisation, company can be unsure on the career development roadmap for employees.

Advice to Management

Dont forget people is our greatest asset. Culture & people will be the difference maker; not strategy and technology.

ResMed2019-09-10
  7. "Good Work/Life Balance company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sydney

I have been working at ResMed full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

flexible working time private Gym which has swimming pool has canteen

Cons

Slow pace in technic development

Advice to Management

More flexible for employee to change position internally

ResMed2019-09-04
  8. "New Employee - Great interview and on boarding process, excited to join a company with a wonderful purpose."

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at ResMed

Pros

Although I’ve just recently started, I’m excited by the overall feel with this company. People are kind, passionate, and dedicated to improving people’s lives. I’m excited to join this team.

Cons

None so far. Maybe San Diego commute!

ResMed2019-08-31
  9. "Good time to join Resmed"

Current Employee - Product Development Engineer in Singapore

I have been working at ResMed full-time for less than a year

Pros

Many talented and knowledgeable team members. Able to learn at tremendous speed, and was provided with sufficient support to allow me to succeed in my role. Having a good product helps to motivate and inspire me as the product helps to improve the quality of people's well being. Senior management are visionary and being present in Singapore office helps in discussion and make decision.

Cons

Being a large organization means a lot of processes to follow. It takes time and effort to do simple things and lack of flexibility in certain areas.

Advice to Management

Building a new team is not easy and retaining talent is even harder. Keep up the good work and hope Singapore office will grow exponentially with many good projects.

ResMed2019-08-28
  10. "Great and people centered company"

I have been working at ResMed full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic products. Excellent work culture and teamwork. Taking care of employees welfare well.

Cons

Nothing much to complain about.

ResMed2019-08-26