Revel Systems Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated 28 Sep 2018

4.0
Revel Systems CEO Greg Dukat (no image)
Greg Dukat
Pros
  • "Free lunch and unlimited supply of snacks is also a nice perk(in 36 reviews)

• "The pay was decent but worth the hostile work environment(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours and forced employees to work crazy hours the end of the month(in 20 reviews)

• "Major cons all revolved around upper management(in 14 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Sales Exec. UK"

I worked at Revel Systems full-time

Pros

I really enjoyed working there. The team became a family and the management always helped me developing my skills and gave me me fantastic advises. Great work environment.

Cons

Sometimes, especially for the first couple of months, I had to work long hours to hit target.

"STAY AWAY! STAY AWAY! STAY AWAY!"

1.0

I worked at Revel Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Great actors in the US. -Nice team in the UK. -Fun office setting. -Good location in London. -Trip to San Fran twice a year.

Cons

-Company has no real structure or process -The UK office is little more than a satellite office -Targets are unrealistic, the UK does not have full access to same tools and products as the US but have the same target. -The Head office in the US expect you to work long hours all through the night (San Fran time diff) until you hit your number, so look forward to 50-60 hour weeks. -When you interview they well blame previous employees saying they were not good enough or they left for personal reasons. they well try hide the truth from you and they all come across so so so nice. But as soon as your hired your just another person and if they don't need you anymore you're gone. -They have no filter and no loyalty, they sack groups of departments in various countries to ease their financial load because the company is run so poorly. -US make all the decisions, you have to follow there rules and if you don't they release you( micromanagement). -If you're a sales rep do not take this job, you are setup to fail they give you a ramp up period but you need 50% of your sales to be upsells to succeed. When you join they don't give you a portfolio so you're doomed from the start. .....there are not enough leads for the amount of sales reps in the office it is very poorly run from the US. -The performance improvement plan is harsh, so beware that if you don't achieve over 50% you well probably get sacked the next month. -They have no understanding of UK laws and try to reject any holiday request you make. too many people in the company have their own agendas because they know its such a cut throat company( battle of survival). The UK staff have NO benefits whatsoever no pension no health barely any holiday the phones are PAYG it's all a joke, but the US staff have all the benefits. HR barely respond to anything and do not know what they are doing outside of the US it's really a joke. It's a vile company that only care for numbers, not people. please don't be fooled stay away and find something else.

3. "Administration"

I worked at Revel Systems full-time

Pros

Fast paced place to work

Cons

long hours and long commute

"Sales Executive"

I worked at Revel Systems full-time

Pros

Overall met some great people. Originally company had a cool vibe and fun in-office perks like lunch and stocked kitchen.

Cons

Long hours and forced employees to work crazy hours the end of the month. Poor distribution of leads, no true methodology and certain employees were given great opportunities while other left in the dust. Poor customer service making the sales role more of an account manager, help desk and fixing fires.

"Hard Work, Helped me get to the next level: Highly recommend for entry level sales to cut teeth"

Sales Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Revel Systems

Pros

HUGE sales opportunities here: We received a plethora of inbound leads and started to do more outbound also before I left. It's a vibrant culture and definitely a work hard, play hard environment. The people you meet and your co-workers are amazingly talented! Most believe in growth and learning and getting stuff done to make the vision happen. The type of dynamic most folks have with their Teams is inspiring and this is the first place I've been where people are relentlessly focused on results. Working for Revel made me realize a lot about myself.

Cons

It's long hours and to be good you have to work hard over these long hours. It's a service oriented business with lots of small mom and pop dreamers trying to start a small thing. Definitely try to quantitatively differentiate yourself to move up market, as fast as possible. (or maybe that's just my preference) Current management is competent, but there were a few bad eggs. You can reach out anonymously to the founders, if need be, which I did. I halfway did not expect a response--but did that evening at 11pm!

"Gain invaluable experience"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are good at sales, this is the company to work for. I have learned so much during my time here at revel and i have been promoted twice so far. If you are good at what you do, management is good at recognizing talent and will promote you where you can best lead the team. Unlimited vacation, free lunch and dinner are some nice perks.

Cons

- Long hours, which can sometimes include weekends and occasional late night international calls. - Long/ overly crowded commute to work if you live outside of SF.

Continue reading

"A dream backed with a solid business plan"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Exciting time to work here. - Solid business plan for expansion; feels like we are taking over the world. - Just went on vacation in Spain and saw Revel in the restaurant we were eating at. - Amazing and ever evolving product.

Cons

- Long hours. - Basically have to get every single expense pre-approved by a manager. - Can’t bring significant other to events with out manager pre-approval.

"Very content"

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time

Pros

- Free macbook and iphone - Free lunch and drinks - Giants games with the team - Awesome company parties - Bring your pup to work (sometimes)

Cons

- Long hours - The free lunches could be better - Elevator seems to always be broken

"Awesome startup!"

Former Employee - Administrative in San Francisco, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Revel Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great group of people Great product Growing rapidly Huge potential Awesome office location

Cons

Long hours as is at any startup Catered lunches could be better CEO is not very personable- doesn't even say hi when walking by

Revel Systems Response

March 7, 2016Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback! We’re glad you are enjoying working at Revel. We do actually offer dinner to all employees who are working later, depending on your location. If you are in the SF office, and you aren’t receiving those emails, please let the office manager know! If your location doesn't offer dinner, then definitely let your HR contact know because it's a great suggestion! Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.

"No Work Life Balance"

1.0
    Operations in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revel Systems

Pros

Free lunch, good ppl, you can get away with anything bc HR is a joke

Cons

Salary is really low, but they still expect long hours (FORGET having a life) Unlimited PTO is not actually a reality- they just use it to lure people in Strict hours if you work in Sales CEO is very unapproachable- rude, terrible public speaker, and could care less about employees

Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 English Reviews