Revolut Analyst Reviews

1. "Not Applicaable"

5.0
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Revolut full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good to work at this company.

Cons

No cons . good to work at this company

Continue reading
  2. "A great place to work, not for the faint hearted!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Security Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Revolut full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Up and coming company - Fast work place - Like minded people - A sense of belonging - Fantastic peers

Cons

- Company ethos and pace isn't for everyone

3. COVID-19

"Omnishambles From Day 1"

Former Employee - FinCrime Analyst in London, England

I worked at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice colleagues, free cereal in office, and..?

Cons

As it was a new team being created in my interview they couldn't really tell me what I'd be doing. But fine, I took a leap of faith given it was a exciting company rapidly expanding. Day 1 - I was asked whether I could go to Leeds for a week. Nothing about travel was mentioned before getting the job. I have a child I need to look after with my wife. Also there was an expectation to soon travel to Poland for a week. I agreed, then the day before the Leeds trip, as nothing had been communicated to me (train tickets, accommodation) I asked my manager what's happening. She said you're no longer going. Great. Thanks for the heads up. I've made childcare plans but fine. I never really knew what I was supposed to be doing and what I was doing was pretty boring. Training was pretty much non existent. Also, my 'manager' I found wasn't actually my manager but someone who had their own role who was just looking after the team. So I had no real idea what I or my team was doing or what it's goal was - even after asking. KPIs... they were making them up as they went along as it was a new team. So i had no idea what i needed to do to pass it. Again I asked but no one knew. My 'manager' went AWOL after about 4 weeks of me joining & never returned. Wasn't told why. Team then really rudderless. Then lockdown hit. I together with my working wife had to look after our child as nurseries were shut. This massively impacted the amount of work I could do as I was obviously sharing childcare. This meant I couldn't hit whatever the KPIs were. I explained this to my new manager who said yes it must be difficult, but again next week asked why I hadn't hit targets, I explained because of childcare & round in circles we went. Basically Revolut didn't care about that - I needed to hit targets no matter what. In the end they made my who team redundant and said it was nothing to do with Covid. The decision was made before Covid. So why was I hired then because I joined just before Covid hit??? Blatent lie by Revolut who didn't want a bad rep by making people redundant during the crisis. Overall, in my experience, this was a company that didn't really know what it was doing and was making it up as it went along. If people (like me) lost their jobs along the way then so be it.

January 17, 2021

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your time at Revolut, and we're sorry you had such a negative experience with us. It's clear that we communicated badly on the Leeds trip and we're sorry for that - it falls short of the considerate management we expect. We have reminded that team to improve communication and planning of such trips and to consider and respect family commitments. The way we work is very KPI-driven. This way of working has enabled Revolut to grow tremendously in a short span of time and enables us all to understand our goals and objectives and the part we each play in realising them. We have however recognised that lock down has been difficult for people with family responsibilities and have tried to accommodate these difficulties through our flexible work approach. While we recognise that the way we work isn't for everyone, we don't want this to result in negative experiences for our people. Unfortunately, like many businesses Revolut did have to make a small number of COVID-19 related redundancies after exploring all other options and alongside a major cost reduction programme across the business. We very much regret the effect this had on people who left our business. We wish you the best in your career, and hope your family will soon get to live and play in a safe, post-pandemic environment.

"Completely haphazard"

Former Employee - Senior Financial Crime Analyst in London, England

I worked at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

flexible hours £15 deliveroo credit per day you can use after 7pm

Cons

no communication within the business high expectations culture is non existent you can tell they don't care about you

Continue reading

"Toxic culture from top to bottom"

Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at Revolut full-time

Pros

Great product, learnt a lot about processes

Cons

Toxic culture Narcissistic CEO who belittles and talks down to people publicly

November 5, 2020Employer Brand Manager, Singapore @ Revolut

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, and we’re glad that you learnt from your time with us. We’re working hard to make sure that Revolut is a place where A-players want to stay for a long time. We respect our people but we all expect to be challenged - and we know it’s not personal. It’s how we learn from each other and how we make sure we’re on track to deliver for our customers. Perhaps sometimes our enthusiasm to build a financial superApp can run away with us. We wish you all the best in your career.

6. "Good to start"

4.0
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst

I have been working at Revolut full-time

Pros

Good environment , bring people to work with

Cons

Bad salary in overall judgement

January 21, 2020Stronger Together

Thanks for your review! We pride ourselves on building a collaborative community that supports each other. We aim to provide salaries that are as competitive as possible against the industry average for all our departments. If you feel that your work and skills are not being recognised by your salary expectations, please provide feedback to your line manager or HR to discuss this further. Salary increases are also part of the performance review process, so you can also use this mechanism to provide feedback during the review cycle.

"Great Place to work!"

5.0
    Current Employee - IAM Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of energy, great people and exciting times. Spending years in sleepy corporate banks, I am finding this so refreshing. Lots of teams still seem to be fibding their position, but this is part of the great journey..right?

Cons

Sometimes feel overwhelmed at the end of the day , but i’d rather this than feeling underwhelmed and insignificant at the end of a day. Keep up the great work Revolut!

January 21, 2020Stronger Together

Hey, thanks for this review! We’re not just changing the face of digital banking, but we want to reform the workplace too. Our teams are in the process of expanding and aligning themselves to our company objectives. We’re still learning how we can all best help each other - and we’re always looking for feedback on how to get that done. Please get in touch with any suggestions! We agree that it’s better to feel challenged and accomplished at the end of the day than bored! It’s all about launching that rocketship into space - and we’re glad you’re here for the ride.

"Not bad not good either"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Revolut full-time for more than a year

Pros

Super cool company to work for, its a new fintech and tons of thing happening

Cons

Salary is not so great

Revolut Response

October 10, 2019Stronger Together.

Thank you for your feedback. A ton of things will continue to happen, we’re happy to have you on board for the ride. Like all start ups, we are continuing to review our Compensation and Rewards Strategy so that we attract the best talent in the market. We strongly encourage you to bring up any salary concerns you have with your manager and/ or HR. Ask about a path that could put you into a higher pay scale; be vision-based, but data-informed.

"Stockholm Syndrome"

Former Employee - Analyst in London, England

I worked at Revolut full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Learn and do a lot because they essentially hire 1 person to fill the role of 3 -Work with some really bright, passionate people -Company will continue to grow rapidly off the backs of people working insane hours to meet the unreasonable KPIs set by management

Cons

-Salary does not match the illegal working hours which are "your choice" (but you will be penalised and berated if you do not work over the weekend or try to leave work at a reasonable time) -You will honestly develop Stockholm Syndrome during your time at the company as it is the only way to deal with the way you're treated -You will get messages at all hours requesting you to do work -Not seen as human by the company -Get demeaning and accusatory messages from management for things that are beyond your control -Unable to keep up with or form meaningful relationships outside of Revolut as you only have time to manage relationships within/relating to the company -Unreasonable KPIs and goals with no matching resources to support you in reaching these goals -"Do first, ask forgiveness later" mentality in regards to things such as consumer protections and communications

Continue reading

"Awful company to work for"

Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at Revolut full-time for more than a year

Pros

Its headquartered in Canary Wharf

Cons

Poor salary No strategy unorganised start up

Viewing 1 - 10 of 46 English Reviews