Find jobs for Anonymous Employee

Updated 29 Jan 2021

1.9
Revolut Founder and CEO Nikolay Storonsky
Nikolay Storonsky

"Challenging - in a positive sense"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Revolut full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Very ambitious company, amazing product * Hugely talented colleagues who work extremely hard * Pay is good, perks are also decent * Brilliant place for those who want to stretch themselves and be challenged every day. * Fast paced, demanding, every day different * Its a start-up, but don't expect slides, table tennis or meetings in ball pits * Instead, expect a real opportunity to make an impact from day one

Cons

* Can sometimes be stressful, (if only because high expectations are the norm) * Communication between different parts of the business is sometimes inconsistent * Not the right place if you want a predictable, everyday 9-5 job * Requires a lot of stamina, generous holiday allowance is key

June 19, 2020

Thanks so much for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're really pleased that you're enjoying your time here, and that our ambition, smart people and opportunities are all making this a great place for you!

"Overrated political chaos"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Former Employee in London, England

I worked at Revolut full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Product is good - Many vacation days _ Looks good on your CV

Cons

- Everything is political and not performance based, which is very scary for such a young company - very toxic work culture! - Managers are very inexperienced when it comes to managing people - most of them learn to manage by fear, a thing which is transparently encouraged by Storonsky himself. - Chaos when it comes to synchronising departments - you often have to give up on your personal life just because you dont find out about new tasks in due time. - The only performance reviews that are taken into consideration are done by your line manager, who can be very biased. Even if you hit or even exceed your KPIs, you can get a very bad performance review that can put you in trouble. As crazy as it sounds, yes, you can exceed your KPIs and still be considered an underperformer after your performance review (therefore no bonus, no promotion, no raise). Also, they evaluate you based on the so-called company values, a set of mottos that leave a lot of place for subjectivity. - The take advantage of the 4 reviews/year to get rid of people. They do not announce exits accordingly - one day you just notice that some peoples Slack account has been deactivated. - HR is practically non-existent, they are unable to solve any problems at work, have no internal code of conduct in place, no rules, nothing. - A culture of professional bullies, tolerated and encouraged by high management. - Be careful with Peakon: apparently, they try to measure your well-being at work through these surveys. In reality, everything you say there will be turned against you and you will be considered a bad match for the company. Also, they do not take into consideration employees feedback given through Peakon in order to change things for the better. - They do not know local legislation for some countries and do a lot of illegal stuff - everything you have read about it in the media is true. - Salary below the market average and no other benefits except for a free Metal subscription (no health insurance, no yearly bonus, nothing else). - Role titles do not reflect your experience - in solid companies, you would need much more experience to have such a job title. Here, everybody is a manager/senior manager etc. - I could go on for another hour, but I guess you caught my drift. If you are at the beginning of your career and need a good (yet overrated, in this case) name on your CV, go for it. Otherwise, you will just get extremely frustrated. And dont forget - everything former or current employees say in the media about the work culture is true!

3. COVID-19

"Don't Consider This Place"

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are generally nice and passionate about the work they do Good office perks

Cons

The general staff turn over here is less than a year. Do your research before you even consider this place. Make sure you are ready to embrace all the negative things about this company. Everything you read here on Glassdoor or Wired Magazine articles, they are all true. You might be lucky to work for a small team that is nice, but that chance is really low because the overall company culture is toxic. Your job security is only for the next three months. 4 performance reviews looking thoroughly into your deliverables will be constant in your day to day life. If you are identified as not performing well, be ready to be fired. I worked really hard and learned a lot. But enough is enough, I am starting to see the signs that this company has on my mental and physical health. Many people stayed because they had no choice. Revolut did a redundancy during the pandemic, salary sacrifice, and people are very scared. Because if you lose your job at this time, it is very difficult to find a new job. Then our CEO said it is ok to micromanage your team until they prove their value to you. The company is looking for perfect execution machines instead of treating you like a person, a human being. People are starting to leave now, important people that have been in this company for some years, this is because the market is getting better and pandemic is not going to be there forever. New opportunities start to come back, the first thing people will do is to leave this place. Don't expect your line managers to care about you, if you fall sick, they won't care how bad you are or even care to ask if everything is ok or get well soon etc. There are no simple kind words in this place to make you feel like you are not just a machine. And you feel it everyday that they don't care about you as a human being, only your deliverables that will help them to climb up the ladder.

January 17, 2021

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your time at Revolut, and we're sorry you had such a negative experience with us. Revolut is hugely ambitious. We work hard - and fast - to achieve our goals and most of us find that exciting, energising and a lot of fun. It can be challenging but we don't want the pace we work at to pull anyone down and we remind people to balance work with the rest of life. But we accept that Revolut's pace can be a challenge. We have ambitious goals and our managers should measure our progress and guide and support their teams to achieve the best we can. We expect people to know what progress they are making, and what might stand in their way. We're glad you enjoyed working with passionate Revoluters and that you were able to learn a lot. We wish you success and enjoyment in your future endeavours.

"Company in perennial crisis with close-minded and micro-managing CEO"

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Highly entrepreneurial with intention to succeed - Good product with high degree of innovation - Lots of smart people in the company

Cons

- CEO's approach to managing people is to micromanage them rather than trusting and empowering them leading to very high turnover rates, especially at executive level - Awful daily company politics despite claim that Revolut wants to be a company without politics - Company is constantly in crisis mode

November 5, 2020Employer Brand Manager, Singapore @ Revolut

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to learn that you’re not enjoying all aspects of your Revolut experience, we know our goals demand a lot from people - but we never want this to have a negative impact on our employees. We would like to clarify a few points though. First off we don’t recognise your description. We recently reported Revolut’s annual results showing healthy customer and revenue growth, despite Covid. That success is enabled by trusting and empowering our people so that they can do their best and deliver the products our customers value. As part of that, we all expect to be challenged in our work - and to understand that it’s not personal. We're building products that customers use every day so we challenge each other to achieve the best outcome. You are right that we try to avoid office politics and act as one Revolut. Please do talk to HR or your manager if that's not your experience and we'll try to fix it.

"Poor work-life balance, unrealistic deadlines & awful culture driven from the top"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people you work with are all pretty switched on and motivated to do well. You will learn a lot from those around you

Cons

Deadlines are set outside of your team by senior management who lack understanding of how long things actually take. Nobody will push back on these unrealistic, stress inducing deadlines as they fear losing their job The company culture is to fire those who do not meet the crazy demands so people work unhealthy hours and ultimately burnout whilst others have their slack accounts deactivated around you

September 21, 2020Employer Brand Manager

We’re sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your experience with us more. We appreciate that the Revolut culture isn’t right for everyone, as we’re ambitious and we work hard and sometimes demand a lot from people. Nonetheless we work hard to support people and to ensure that our hiring process are up to scratch, so that every Revolut hire is right for the long term. We wish you well in your future career.

"People too stressed to relax"

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company has a good reputation outside of itself as a fast-paced growing organisation.

Cons

People are much too busy and arrogant to even think about employee well-being.

January 23, 2020Stronger Together

Thank you for your honest review. We appreciate your taking the time to share your feedback with us. We’ve been working hard to improve our company culture and working environment. We offer competitive benefits, including 29 days of holiday and never having to work on your birthday. We encourage you to chat to your line manager and HR to see how your experience can be changed for your and future colleagues.

"Avoid at all costs."

I worked at Revolut full-time for more than a year

Pros

You learn a lot, but your opinion won’t be valued.

Cons

Literally everything. Supervisors have no idea what they’re doing, and the CEO encourages micromanaging. They claim to encourage innovation, but if you disagree with the CEOs ideas you’ll most likely be fired. I’ve never seen so much turnover in one company in my life. The misogyny is strong here as well. Higher up employees frequently act inappropriately and there is no repercussion. I am pretty sure the positive reviews are all from executive management.

Continue reading

"So glad I did not trust the social media"

5.0

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was slightly concerned after I had accepted the offer and all the publications went off after a few days but all the things vanished since I started: - The product and the company literally changes the world. It's a perfect opportunity to come in and leave your mark. - All the people you work with are very competent. In all the departments! Haven't met anyone with no clue why he/she was hired. - Never counts your work hours. It's how smart you are with your job. If you could deliver great results in less time, no one will care how much time you spent on them (don't trust what the media is saying!) - Being surrounded by top people and using your creative mindset allows you to grow 5x faster - Salaries and perks are great.

Cons

- When the growth is that fast sometimes is tough to pause and follow all the updates timely

Revolut Response

November 5, 2019Stronger Together.

Thank you so much for the great feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to put these thoughts down. We encourage our candidates to reach out to Revoluters during the interviewing process and get a more accurate, authentic feel of the company. It always helps to get another opinion, some inside truth.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.