Revolut Customer Support Specialist Reviews

1. "Nice first job"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Porto, Oporto

I worked at Revolut full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy to change to other teams; Salary is good; Good office environment; Nice extra perks like uber.

Cons

Overall bad company environment; Stressful job.

2. "nice comnpany"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Porto, Oporto

I have been working at Revolut full-time

Pros

I like to assist people and solve problems

Cons

salary is low in portugal

3. "Pros and cons for revolut"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Plovdiv

I have been working at Revolut full-time

Pros

Having the ability to help clients trough out the globe. Provide support to people with their freelancer career or company account.

Cons

The cons of the work is having a long timeframe for most cases due the fact you are relying on other teams

January 4, 2021

Thank you for letting us know that you're enjoying your Revoluter experience - we're glad to hear that!

"No development option"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Kraków

I have been working at Revolut full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of nice people who you can get new skills and knowledge from

Cons

Unfortunately, there is no transparent path for career growth

August 14, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with Revolut so far. We’re still a relatively young organisation, and although there are amazing opportunities for some of our Revoluters to move internally and progress, we are working to improve career development opportunities in your area too. . Please make sure that you fill in the weekly pulse surveys so that we can track that feedback internally, and be sure to speak to your manager about your concerns around progression.

"Waste of potential"

Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Porto, Oporto

I worked at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice office, fully packed with amenities and food. Flexible environment, nice and open work mates, Uber rides for late shifts, home office possible, welcome gifts on onboarding, food parties, possiblity to grow to different areas.

Cons

Bad management, insane KPIs that make no sense and that never change despite circumstances that can affect productivity. Super-flexibility required since things/procedure/rules change can change every day and if you are not aware your work performance can be severely damaged. Company works like an informal group chat: many opinions, new rules are set in the dead of night with no consultation of other teams to measure impact, useless talks mixed with important announcements, a complete mess. Despite issues exist, big bosses are aware but ignore resolution. Procedures are more and more designed to focus on results (numbers) and less on quality (for the customer and workers). Not a good stable place to develop a career.

April 28, 2020Stronger Together

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate your honesty. We're working on supporting our management with a dedicated guild and Management and Leadership Development Manager providing plenty of relevant training modules and other support. We encourage KPIs to accurately reflect the potential that we expect our people to achieve - and we believe that they should change if our business circumstances or team situations change. We try to work in an agile way, making sure that problems and solutions are iterated as fast as possible. We'll pass your feedback on to the Customer Support team so that we can keep improving.

"Bittersweet experience"

2.0
    Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Kraków

I worked at Revolut full-time for more than a year

Pros

- friendly people (at least I met some really wonderful people there) - taxi for evening shifts (while we worked from the office) - meals for evening, night and weekend shifts (at the office) - shift system (it is great that you can have free days in the middle of the week, start earlier or later, etc.; however, it is not always possible to plan your time ahead, as not all shift preferences are met, and night shifts are nightmare-ish)

Cons

- giving more and more responsibilities for the Support team (e.g. dealing with customers who have more complex problems which should be handled by other teams) - no clear career path, lack of internal organisation. Second line support team created behind the back of everyone, with no recruitment. Some people were taken there automatically, "just because". There are many experienced people left, with no chances to grow at the moment, with some duties suddenly taken from them. In terms of responsibilities and tasks at work, they are now at the same level as new joiners - not enough appreciation or recognition if you do something extra - poor communication with team leaders (some of them should even not have that position) - unrealistic goals and KPIs with increasing pressure every day; no overtime allowance for a couple of months - very poor product launch (I'm not talking about the Product Launch team - they are great and they do their best) - the process itself and the communication with the product owners is so poor that I was never excited about the launch of a new feature in the app. There was always something wrong, not working, not tested enough. ALWAYS. And who was to blame? The customer support team, of course. - medical package from Luxmed - Medicover is way better (at least from my experience)

September 21, 2020Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to learn that you didn’t enjoy all of your Revolut experience, but it’s great to see that you enjoyed some important aspects and we’re grateful to you for your honesty. We are unapologetic about the scale of our ambition, but we never want this to have a negative impact on our people. We’re always working hard on our hiring and management process to make sure that everyone we hire has the opportunity to thrive here. We’ve noted your comments about some processes and we’ll look into them. We wish you well in your future career.

"Great company"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Kraków

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great communication within team, opportunities for growth

Cons

Poor communication between teams and line managers

May 22, 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this positive review. We’re working on supporting our managers with our Management and Leadership Guild and our Learning and Development team is working to create programs to ensure that we’re getting the best out of our management at all times. We'll be sure to pass on your feedback.

"Whatever makes them look good"

1.0
    Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist

I worked at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice office, standard benefits, fast growth, a lot of possibility to climb the ladder of you like fake smiles and fake friends in your fake life.

Cons

Terrible treatment of workers as dispensable machines. You will be constantly told that unless you meet all the high expectations (which do not change based on the actual demand at a particular time) you will be fired. You will be monitored in everything you do and all your efforts will be constantly compared to others in a public way. You will be forced to do things in ways like "you don't have to let go of part of your salary for shares but it is suggested and look already so many did this! Bo no we won’t fire you if you won't! At least we will never tell you it’s for that! How about receiving the privilege to have a locker depending on your productivity, does that sound like a great system to you? Or completely optional overtime unless you want to meet your target. Don’t worry, your team leader who cant really help you in any meaningful way is there for you if you need him. Also you have your team! But you don't actually work with them, they are just there so if your average score is lower then theirs you won't receive the bonus. They may also not receive it because of you. You probably won't receive it anyway. But nothing works like some good old pressure right? But don't worry Revolut has got you covered with their incredible motivating mottos like "stronger together" or "get sh*t done" . Don't you get pumped up for some corporate ladder climbing when you read them? It's ok, you may have to lie to your customers all the time though but who cares about integrity in a corporate world. Revolut doesnt have money on their accounts because they need to take the cheapest means of transferring it and it can take time? Just say its a technical issue and bid for time. Customers will be angry if you do? Oh them you are surely doing something wrong and you should talk to them differently, its not like their money is held up for weeks. But Revolut is never wrong and you will be sure to make it look like it! Never settle!

September 21, 2020Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We take all review comments seriously. We’re sorry to hear that your Revolut experience didn’t work out. We’re proud of our ambition and of our talented people who work hard for our customers every day. We wish you well in your future career.

"Toxic Environment. Incompetent Managers. And so on. Please avoid."

1.0
    Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist

I worked at Revolut full-time

Pros

Cereals, fruits, variants of milks, soft drinks, are always available in the kitchen. Free dinner and taxi for the evening shift. You are mostly surrounded by nice colleagues, but still there are a few people who think that they are perfect and look down on other people. Fast recruitment process. IT team is very responsive, appreciate the great work.

Cons

Fear-driven environment Unrealistic target. If you want to work like a human being, not a robot, the target is quite unachievable. If you ask the person who set the target to do the exact same thing as the Support Agents should do, for sure they cannot handle it. No time to be up to date. For example, when you have days off for two days in a week, you miss a lot of information, when you get back to work, you must be ready for all the changes and news. So they are expecting you to be updated even if it’s taking your free/leisure/unpaid time to read it. Please keep in mind that the CS Specialist is the lowest position, with the lowest salary, and still they expect people to spend extra time for them. Chaotic, messy internal information/procedure. When there is a product launch/issue, quite often no one knows what is really happening. Even their knowledge base is quite confusing/messy, not all information is covered. They don’t care if you go the extra mile to investigate the cases thoroughly. Again, most of the time they do not have a procedure settled for something, so you need to create a totally brand new procedure, but it requires a big effort and time. Another thing is when a case is quite complicated, it is taking your time, you want to do your best to solve it, but you are also stressed out cause then you will not meet your target. They don’t care about the quality of your work, they’d rather appreciate careless employees as long as the numbers are high. If you are a diligent person who takes things into consideration, you want to give the best of your work, then avoid this company, they don’t deserve your effort. Regarding the way they treat the daily target, basically their logic is like this: Let’s make a tree-climbing competition. The participants would be a monkey and a dolphin. When the dolphin loses, they said to him/her: Well… Monkey could win, so why are you not able to win? We have done a fair competition here. Team Leaders are not leaders. They are just calculating your performance.weekly. They don’t know how to manage people, they are there to press the staff. Also, their work is not transparent to everybody so no one knows what they exactly do. Most of them don’t even know the product, yet you must consult with them for some decisions, no wonder when you ask them to take a decision, they are mostly scared to take action. Of course, not all of them are bad, but there are only a few good Team Leaders. They always think about money and profit so they want you to be an expert on anything. It is expensive to hire an expert or specialist in its field. There is a topic where they expect you to know everything about that in one hour. Yes you are given the time to read for maximum one hour, and you are already the “specialist” for it. While if you go to finance major in university, it probably could take one semester the minimum, They don’t want to give you more time for it. But again, why pay more when you could pay less. Time is money. They fired you without warning. And in the meeting they just deactivated your Slack account so you cannot contact anyone else in the company, they gave a limited time to choose which option of the contract. No time to consult with a lawyer, it is a total bully, someone should not be pressed like that, in fact they should have time to think. Remind me of Orwell’s 1984.

June 16, 2020

Thank you for your honest review, we appreciate you taking the time. We do set ambitious targets and KPIs which we believe to be realistic based on previous achievement. We will definitely pass on your feedback to the teams that you found these to be unrealistic, as the quality of work should never suffer as a result. We are still a relatively new company and we are constantly working to improve our systems and processes. Our learning and development team are also always looking into ways that we can grow our management skills. When our people take time off, we do ask them to get back up to speed upon their return to the office, and we don’t think this is an unreasonable ask. Lastly, our performance management systems aim to support our employees in achieving their best at work and offer training and guidance. In some cases, employees may leave the business if they are not making progress in their role and we aim for this to be as painless an experience as possible. In every case we followed the local labour law requirements. Where someone leaves for performance reasons in some cases they prefer not to have that on their employment record as the reason for exit so in these cases we can offer a mutual separation agreement that does not include performance as a reason for exit. But that is of course a choice. We’re really sorry that you look back negatively on your time with Revolut, and really wish you the very best for your next step.

"Lack of structure that leads to mismanagement and miscommunication"

2.0
    Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Kraków

I worked at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

Open Office - Benefits - Employees - Easy to provide feedback - Quickly Changing

Cons

No Structure - Miscommunication - Disorganized - Lack of Responsibility

April 28, 2020Stronger Together

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback on your experience at Revolut. In Q2, we've been working on internally restructuring our teams to make processes more straightforward and seamless across teams. Hypergrowth has pushed us to examine how we work and whether we can do better - including communicating internally more frequently to ensure that everyone is on the same page.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 English Reviews