Revolut FinCrime Analyst Reviews

Former Employee, less than 1 year

Omnishambles From Day 1

Dec 15, 2020 - FinCrime Analyst in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice colleagues, free cereal in office, and..?

Cons

As it was a new team being created in my interview they couldn't really tell me what I'd be doing. But fine, I took a leap of faith given it was a exciting company rapidly expanding. Day 1 - I was asked whether I could go to Leeds for a week. Nothing about travel was mentioned before getting the job. I have a child I need to look after with my wife. Also there was an expectation to soon travel to Poland for a week. I agreed, then the day before the Leeds trip, as nothing had been communicated to me (train tickets, accommodation) I asked my manager what's happening. She said you're no longer going. Great. Thanks for the heads up. I've made childcare plans but fine. I never really knew what I was supposed to be doing and what I was doing was pretty boring. Training was pretty much non existent. Also, my 'manager' I found wasn't actually my manager but someone who had their own role who was just looking after the team. So I had no real idea what I or my team was doing or what it's goal was - even after asking. KPIs... they were making them up as they went along as it was a new team. So i had no idea what i needed to do to pass it. Again I asked but no one knew. My 'manager' went AWOL after about 4 weeks of me joining & never returned. Wasn't told why. Team then really rudderless. Then lockdown hit. I together with my working wife had to look after our child as nurseries were shut. This massively impacted the amount of work I could do as I was obviously sharing childcare. This meant I couldn't hit whatever the KPIs were. I explained this to my new manager who said yes it must be difficult, but again next week asked why I hadn't hit targets, I explained because of childcare & round in circles we went. Basically Revolut didn't care about that - I needed to hit targets no matter what. In the end they made my who team redundant and said it was nothing to do with Covid. The decision was made before Covid. So why was I hired then because I joined just before Covid hit??? Blatent lie by Revolut who didn't want a bad rep by making people redundant during the crisis. Overall, in my experience, this was a company that didn't really know what it was doing and was making it up as it went along. If people (like me) lost their jobs along the way then so be it.

39 people found this review helpful

Revolut Response

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your time at Revolut, and we're sorry you had such a negative experience with us. It's clear that we communicated badly on the Leeds trip and we're sorry for that - it falls short of the considerate management we expect. We have reminded that team to improve communication and planning of such trips and to consider and respect family commitments. The way we work is very KPI-driven. This way of working has enabled Revolut to grow tremendously in a short span of time and enables us all to understand our goals and objectives and the part we each play in realising them. We have however recognised that lock down has been difficult for people with family responsibilities and have tried to accommodate these difficulties through our flexible work approach. While we recognise that the way we work isn't for everyone, we don't want this to result in negative experiences for our people. Unfortunately, like many businesses Revolut did have to make a small number of COVID-19 related redundancies after exploring all other options and alongside a major cost reduction programme across the business. We very much regret the effect this had on people who left our business. We wish you the best in your career, and hope your family will soon get to live and play in a safe, post-pandemic environment.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great work culture

Jul 12, 2021 - FinCrime Analyst in Porto, Oporto, Oporto
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to grow within with lots of opportunities in the same or different line of business. Challenging but worth the effort and all the work you put into your daily tasks is noticed and valued. 120% is expected from everyone in any line of business, this builds great professionals and A players. Promotions are given multiple times a year alongside bonuses (if you've worked hard enough).

Cons

Base salary could be better. Some line of businesses work in shifts during weekends or nights. Not a good company for non-hardworking people.

3. 1.0

Avoid at all cost!

Mar 30, 2021 - Fincrime Team Lead
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Nice product, which I will definitely use when traveling abroad (and only for this purpose). -The systems are relatively new and effective.

Cons

-Toxic culture driven by the overall chaos, unnecessary haste, constant fear of being fired and empty words like A-PLAYER, STRONGER TOGETHER etc. -The only thing, which matters are the KPIs, which unfortunately are very often calculated based on wrong logic and incorrectly working tools. If your kpis are a bit lower than expected, be prepared to get fired. -Prepare to work several hours a day (10-12), without the possibility of receiving overtime pay. -Revolut has really bad reputation as an employer on Cracow market. -Very unstable and unpredictable environment, if you are thinkig about staying here for a longer period. People are joining and leaving (sometimes dissapearing without further notice), much, much more often than in other companies I have worked for. -Having Revolut in your resume is not necessarily a career turning point, rather one of hundreds of fintechs in Europe, poorly recognized abroad (EEA). -Revolut prides itself on being competitive on the Crakow market, however, comparing this employer to other companies, this situation has changed significantly for some time and now is in the middle or even at the end of the stake (taking into consideration unpait OT's for example). And the last point, I am really wondering, who is writing all these positive comms, because franky speaking, I don't know anyone who would have such a good opinion about this company.

12 people found this review helpful

Revolut Response

Hello, thank you for your review. Revolut is on a hyper-growth trajectory, and that demands a lot of our people and brings challenges as we adapt to opportunities and risks. Many people enjoy and can thrive on those challenges. Revolut aims to be a welcoming, exciting employer where our people can grow and be successful. But it might not be for everyone. That being said, we never want to grow at the expense of our people. If your Revoluter experience hasn't been fantastic, we'd recommend that you raise feedback through our many internal channels so the relevant teams can take a closer look at how to make Revolut a great place to work. Meanwhile thank you for fighting financial crime so our customers can use our products with peace of mind. We wish you well.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Working in a multicultural, respectful and modern environment

May 25, 2021 - FinCrime Analyst in Porto, Oporto, Oporto
    Business Outlook

Pros

My experience has been nothing but extremely positive. My peers and trainers are very approachable, the environment is very healthy and I have been feeling something that I have never experienced in another company: they do really appreciate our work and make sure to let us know how appreciated we are.

Cons

I have no cons to expose, I am really happy with this opportunity.

1 person found this review helpful

Revolut Response

Hi there! We're so encouraged to hear about your positive experience. Thanks for sharing — we wish you the very best!

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

It WAS a great place to work

Apr 3, 2021 - FinCrime Analyst in Kraków
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Good initial salary 2. Teammates - great people at the team 3. No issue with work from home 4. Interesting and challenging work - in some instances I think this is the only place in Poland to work in such a line of business. 5. Great tools for utilized for work

Cons

Sums up to 1 sentence: Lack of respect for the analysts and agents. 1. Lack of work-life balance (shifts are being managed in a very strict way, work on weekends is a must, late shifts and night shifts. All of those subjected to business request rather than having actual sense) 2. Downgrade of salary raises and bonuses 3. Inexperienced middle management - most of the decisions relate only to new means of control, generating more pointless rules or spreadsheets. 4. TLs are basically project managers - engaged in so many additional projects that it makes it virtually impossible to manage the people they are leading. 5. Stated core values of the company are not being implemented into the actual day to day operation of the department. 6. A great deal of micromanagement and focus on automated tools to verify work - the tools utilized are highly intrusive. 7. FinCrime Dept is purely KPI driven - no need to excel or offer anything else - just keep KPIs high. 8. Lack of recognition of individuals - including the fact there is no formal acknowledgement of additional tasks performed by an employee - even long term ones. 9. Unclear career path 10. In most instances there are very few policies and regulations available - in most instances, the analyst has to come up with a solution. 11. Chaotic environment Many of the issues raised in the media articles remain.

11 people found this review helpful

Revolut Response

Hello, thank you for your review. We're glad that you found much of your Revolut experience positive, especially the choice to work from home . Our KPIs and working patterns should help our people succeed and achieve the best we can for our customers. That's particularly important in FinCrime where we need to maintain the highest possible levels security for our customers. We value our employees highly and we're sorry if that didn't feel the case. We recognise the need for work/life balance and most of our employees think we are suceeding. We try hard to accommodate individual needs and we'll look into your comments to see what more we can do. Revolut is breaking barriers to reinvent how the world does money and create new and better tools and services for our customers. Often we are navigating new territory, bringing challenges which many Revoluters thrive on. As you say, the work is interesting and challenging. We recognise teams and individuals and celebrate their success across the business Revolut is a fast growing business and we're constantly evolving. We work hard to support Revoluters so that we can create a truly global financial superapp that customers will love. We wish you the best in your career.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Revolut needs an urgent revolution immediately.

Mar 30, 2021 - FinCrime Analyst in Kraków
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is a great place for the development of people who do not have experience, but never question their superior's decisions.

Cons

The company, especially the operating branch in Krakow (Poland), absolute dedication prices. Separate voices that run counter to the supervisor's directives are highly undesirable. The company is primarily focused on quantity, not quality. The training system is fictitious. The support program in obtaining e.g. certification is possible only at the TL level upwards. In a word, the key to success in the company - KPI. The company is managed on the basis of deep micromanagement. The career path is unclear, and promotions are commonplace among employees.

8 people found this review helpful

Revolut Response

Hi there, thank you for contributing a review. Revolut has grown very fast. We're constantly working not only on providing customers with the best possible product but on making Revolut a great place to work. We hope you raised your concerns through our internal channels so we could help improve the work experience for every Revoluter. We provide training and guidance across the company and we're always working on improving that. We wish you well in your next role.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

High expectations environment

Apr 26, 2021 - FinCrime Analyst in Vilnius
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growth opportunities, innovative company, work from home, independent work

Cons

working on weekends, late shifts

Revolut Response

Hi there! We're so glad you're enjoying your time with Revolut. It's very affirming to hear what you find positive about our work environment as we do believe in giving our people the right opportunities to develop professionally and trusting them to get things done. We know it can sometimes be quite isolating to work at odd hours, which is why we appreciate you even more. Keep up the good work and thank you for your commitment!

8. 4.0

Pretty Good

Mar 28, 2021 - Junior FinCrime Analyst in Kraków
    Business Outlook

Pros

People in teams, decent benefits, salary

Cons

Huge workload, management detached from the reality unclear promotion requirements/path

2 people found this review helpful

Revolut Response

Hi there! Thank you for writing us a review, and for recognising the work we put into compensation and benefits packages for our A-players. We'd recommend syncing with your line manager weekly if you need help prioritising tasks, as well as to discuss your career path. And of course, we appreciate you working so hard to fight financial crime on a daily basis!

9. 4.0

Revolut

Mar 31, 2021 - Junior FinCrime Analyst in Kraków
    Business Outlook

Pros

Medical Insurance, employee care, and benefits

Cons

Scheduling system and the management is not great

Revolut Response

Hi there! Thank you for taking time to write us a review, and for recognising the work we've put into the compensation and benefits package for our Revoluters. Best wishes.

10. 1.0

Dictatorship as work

Mar 9, 2021 - FinCrime Analyst in Kraków
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good salary * - Clear recruitment process - Most of the teammates - Nice knowledge *Unless you had any bonus, in that case probably it will be removed to save some money and use it for other purposes.

Cons

- The work-life balance is non-existent, your work will depend on the company's requirements. - Absent planification, if you have a shift position you will not know your next month schedule probably until less than a week left. - Never settle: That means that your tasks, even your team, could change in less than 24h without your consent. - Stronger together: if you share your opinion or simply ask for something that differs from the opinion with senior management, for example: Any manager or Head of ____. You'll get in trouble and they'll find a way to fire you. Or maybe you are simply forced to leave. - Think deeper: If you want to get promotions you have several options. Do your line manager work, get an absurd amount of extra tasks, or simply befriend management. Doing your work is not sufficient, think deeper, guys. - If you liked Game of Thrones this is a pro: The quarter quarterly performance depends on a lot of non-objective factors. What does it mean? If you commit some mistake that goes against the hive mind probably you will be stabbed and your work for the last months will mean zero. And be careful, you can also go on PIP and eventually get fired. On the other hand, if you are a person who loves politics, you will love this place. - Just to clarify, everything shared on Wired was true. And I'd add is getting worse, I do not recommend this place unless you really need the money. Your mental health, and eventually your physical one, will be affected.

19 people found this review helpful

Revolut Response

Hi there, thank you for telling us about your experience. Revolut is working hard to deliver exceptional products and services to our rapidly growing customer community. So we need our teams to be agile to respond swiftly to opportunities and risks as they surface. We try to cultivate a professional and supportive environment that empowers our people to do their best work. We're sorry if that didn't work for you. We'll continue to work hard to make Revolut a great place to work. That includes giving people as much forewarning as possible of shifts. We thank you for all that you've done, and wish you well in your next role.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Reviews