Revolut Manager Reviews

Current Employee, more than 5 years

I Joined Revolut so you don't have to

Jun 3, 2021 - Operations Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart driven people, Super interesting products, Good equity pre IPO, Exposure to jump to other fintechs later on. People complaining about Work life Balance: yes you work, this not google but it is nothing compared to IB or consulting

Cons

Company is still young and flexible: no structure/governance/hierarchy to protect you or help you, you are on your own with your team. Your line manager will not hold your hand, you have autonomy and are expected to deliver. Which is not for everyone

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Engineering excellence ruined by toxic product culture

Mar 24, 2021 - Senior Product Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Engineers are experienced and genuinely interested in building a good product. If you don't have a technical background, you will pick up a lot of new knowledge. The product moves very quickly and your work can have an impact of millions of people who use the product every day. Everyone is very motivated and hard-working, even if that motivation is driven by fear.

Cons

The company is only interested in making money. There is zero interest in understanding or solving customer problems, even when those problems are caused by our product. The approach to problem solving is totally top-down and backwards from the rest of the industry. You will not learn anything at Revolut about product development that will be applicable at other companies that are customer-oriented. You will only learn how to survive at Revolut. On a personal level, it really is a toxic workplace without trust or mutual respect. I think a lot of my colleagues are happy with their jobs because they believe the compensation is good and the experience will further their career, but I do not know a single person who enjoys their work whatsoever. Diversity is also a major issue. Less than 10% of managers are women. Fix this. Finally, the equity compensation system was changed recently and new hires should understand that it is much less beneficial than before. If you are considering taking a job at Revolut, read the fine print carefully and push for cash.

37 people found this review helpful

Revolut Response

Hello, thank you for telling us about your experience. You are right about the commitment of our engineers. We're proud of their dedication. We take all reviews seriously and would like to set some things straight. Firstly we should be clear that everyone at Revolut is very focused on delivering the best possible customer experience. We have feedback loops across our business to pick up and resolve issues so that we can deliver the best possible product for our customers. Revolut is committed to fostering diversity including in developing more women leaders. The proportion of women managers is several times the percentage you cite and we hope that our Women in Leadership programme will increase the proportions of women coming into leadership roles. We're sorry if you don't find your workplace supportive. We want everyone to feel good at work and we'd recommend that you raise your concerns through our internal channels to see if we can improve things. Lastly, we want working at Revolut to be rewarding in every way. Our growth shares scheme was designed with the advice of external experts to be the best way we could ensure that employees could share in Revolut's future success while minimising their tax penalties. You can find more details in Confluence. Thank you for getting in touch.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A fantastic place to work, for the right person

May 6, 2021 - Senior L&D Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had some mixed feelings about joining Revolut, given some of the negative reviews and press I'd seen, but I'm happy to say that my experience has been overwhelmingly positive! It's unlike any environment I've worked in before (although joining a company during a pandemic is a new experience in itself), and it's probably not for everyone, but I can honestly say that I love it. Positives include: * the chance to work with A-players and be surrounded by smart, dedicated, passionate individuals * an amazing product and a clear vision for shaking up the financial services industry * a flexible working policy * intensely goal-driven but fair: you always know what you need to achieve and are pushed to prioritise and solve big problems * helpful and supportive colleagues and managers * culture and values that inspire me and that I can identify with * a great deal of autonomy to go out and get things done * a truly multicultural workforce and global outlook

Cons

I can't say I've come across any real negatives so far, but just a caveat that Revolut is not for everyone. You'll likely feel more at home if you've worked in technology and/or startups before, and perhaps also some international experience, especially in locations where the pace is a bit more hectic than the UK. Other things to note: * it's fast-paced startup and there's a lot to be done as quickly as possible; I haven't felt pressured to work extra hours, but you do need to be careful not to burn out. * the company sometimes suffers from a split personality: on the one hand it's finding its feet in the highly regulated world of finance, but it feels more like an innovative fintech focused almost entirely on building an exceptional product; this sometimes involves putting on different hats, depending on what you're doing * not enough female representation, especially in management (although that's partly to be expected in both finance and technology fields)

5 people found this review helpful

Revolut Response

Hello! Thank you for sharing about your experience at length. We're glad you're enjoying our work environment, and that goes to show that you're a solid hire because as you've rightly said, Revolut isn't for everyone. Those who find Revolut to be a great culture fit for themselves will thrive and we're excited to see what you'll achieve! You've brought up a good point about female representation. We know we have a long way to go (the entire finance and tech industries do), and we're keen to increase the diversity of our teams and leadership. We've put in place targets to increase female representation in leadership, and have launched a "Women In Leadership" programme to accelerate progress in this area. Thank you for your commitment, and we wish you the very best!

4. 1.0

Females AVOID

Jun 5, 2021 - Human Resources Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Being apart of building a super app

Cons

Male driven environment and females viewed as weak ~ females underpaid compared to males in similar positions ~ females treated like second class citizens ~ limited women in senior leadership positions ~ limited benefits: terrible maternity scheme, no food credits and limited wellness support ~ no salary increase in 2021 ~ forced to take growth shares to benefit the company

9 people found this review helpful

Revolut Response

This is really disappointing - no hiding from that - but we'd like to come back on some of the points. We can't pretend we have anything like the number of women we want in leadership positions. We're working to change that . But it's certainly not for lack of respect. At entry level we're glad that women aren't far off 50% of our recruits but like many tech companies there are far fewer as you go up the levels. We're laying down targets and creating a road map to raise our game here. We aim to at least double the proportion of women in our leadership roles. We don't accept that women are treated differently from their male colleagues. We have inspiring women in some of our most important roles, like our CEOs in Japan and India, the chief operating officer of our wealth and trading business, head of global authorisations and directors in financial crime, risk management and legal. We believe that every employee should be treated with respect, female or male, and we won't tolerate anything else. We're disappointed that one of our colleagues thinks our benefits don't measure up. We aim to offer benefits at least as good as our peers and we’re upgrading our parental benefits in Q3, focusing on leave and support for our employees. The truth is we're a young company and we're learning fast and introducing new benefits and improving all the time. We learn from employees (and even competitors) what they think makes life work for them (like hybrid working, up to two months working abroad and this year two extra well being days to take when you need them). And we'll keep doing that. We would really like to speak with you about the points you have raised, please reach out to your manager, Jim and/or our thriving Women@Revolut guild. We want all voices to be heard at Revolut. We can always be better, and we'll never settle.

5. 5.0

Top Tier FinTech in the World

Mar 1, 2021 - Risk Management in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

You have potential to experience and contribute in probably the most diverse environment in the financial sector to every aspect of the FinTech mission from practical operations to advanced quantitative methods, systems, and approaches that apply statistical, economic, financial, or mathematical theories, techniques, and assumptions to transform business problems into sound decisions and solutions for our customers.

Cons

Very steep learning curve: require complete commitment and drive to be the best. Not everyone is able to climb this and so not for the faint-hearted.

1 person found this review helpful

Revolut Response

Hello! Thank you for telling us about your Revoluter experience. Revolut is on a serious mission to reinvent how the world does money, and we're so glad that your ambition clearly aligns to that. We're proud of our reputation as a place where people learn and grow, so it's great to see you pointing that out as well. We wish you well!

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Stressful but you know what you are getting into

May 1, 2021 - Associate Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

They give you lots of responsibility early on

Cons

Don't join if you don't work well under pressure. Seriously

Be the first to find this review helpful

Revolut Response

Hello! Thank you for your positive review. We wish you well!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work for dynamic people

Apr 7, 2021 - Business Development Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Revolut is a fast-paced organisation, with a lot of fun and clever people.

Cons

For some, it can seem a bit overwhelming with the amount of information and projects all going on at once

Be the first to find this review helpful

Revolut Response

Hello! Thank you for contributing a review. We wish you well!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Place to work

Mar 19, 2021 - Model Risk Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of opportunity to grow Ability to do different things Unlimited experience Well recognition for high performance

Cons

A lot of responsibility Data driven company, KPIs seems unreachable Work get stressful time to time

3 people found this review helpful

Revolut Response

Hi there! Thank you for sharing your experience as a Revoluter. Revolut's management places a lot of faith in A-players such as yourself, which explains the ownership and autonomy that many of our people enjoy. The flip side of that, of course, is the amount of responsibility and KPIs that come along with that. We'd recommend scheduling a chat with your line manager to prioritise certain tasks and discuss ideas that may help you reach your goals in a more effective and efficient way. We believe in you, and wish you the best!

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Challenging and tense, with its perks and pitfalls

Aug 24, 2020 - Operations Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Overall smart colleagues - Open mindedness and little politics, so it's easy to get done in two weeks things that in a standard bank would take three months - Good scope for career progression if ready to take on ownership - Building an awesome product - Fair, but not excellent compensation and benefits - Good name to have on the cv

Cons

- Micromanagement from some executives - Over emphasis on the KPIs where the underlying reality ceases to exist, to the point of taking some bad business decision just to raise the KPI of few percentage points - Service teams change processes different times per quarter, yet expect other teams to comply to botched up processes. There should be an "user experience KPI" for all the service teams - Sometimes unreasonable expectations (depends a lot on the team)

6 people found this review helpful

Revolut Response

Thanks very much for letting us know about your experience with Revolut.

10. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Macho toxic culture going nowhere

Feb 18, 2021 - Marketing Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ambition of the business is immense. A lot of good people "within the ranks"

Cons

Leadership continues to distrust employees and gives zero autonomy. No value given to strategy or brand at all. All tactic, no strategy. Macho, ego driven communication style prevalent across the LON team makes it feel quite toxic.

14 people found this review helpful

Revolut Response

Hello, thank you for your review. You are right that Revolut has a lot of ambition and we're proud to have so many great A-players to help us deliver for our customers. Our global ambition can mean that we demand a lot - although most Revoluters thrive on our aspirational culture. We work hard too to communicate our strategy at group, country and product level. Please do get involved in our town halls and product knowledge sessions. We definitely want our Revoluters to feel positive about our culture and to feel included. Please let the people team know if you feel there are mistakes being made. Thank you for all that you do at Revolut. We wish you well.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 78 Reviews