Revolut Manager Reviews

Updated 3 Mar 2021

3.2
Revolut Founder and CEO Nikolay Storonsky
Nikolay Storonsky
  1. "Top Tier FinTech in the World"

Current Employee - Risk Management in London, England

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

You have potential to experience and contribute in probably the most diverse environment in the financial sector to every aspect of the FinTech mission from practical operations to advanced quantitative methods, systems, and approaches that apply statistical, economic, financial, or mathematical theories, techniques, and assumptions to transform business problems into sound decisions and solutions for our customers.

Cons

Very steep learning curve: require complete commitment and drive to be the best. Not everyone is able to climb this and so not for the faint-hearted.

2. "Not bad"

4.0
    Current Employee - Ops Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Revolut full-time

Pros

strong team, very delivery focussed

Cons

difficult to work with people

3. "great"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Revolut full-time

Pros

dynamic, autonomous, ambitious and smart people

Cons

long hours is the main thing, but people love what they do.

4. "Great place for growth"

Current Employee - Payment Operations Manager in London, England

I have been working at Revolut full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great exposure Good promotion opportunities New initiative give rise to leadership roles for those able to take them Best technology

Cons

Work/life balance Benefits schemes could be better

"Macho toxic culture going nowhere"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Revolut full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ambition of the business is immense. A lot of good people "within the ranks"

Cons

Leadership continues to distrust employees and gives zero autonomy. No value given to strategy or brand at all. All tactic, no strategy. Macho, ego driven communication style prevalent across the LON team makes it feel quite toxic.

"Overrated"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in London, England

I have been working at Revolut full-time

Pros

Good Salary Brand name Cool offices

Cons

Long hours Lack of strong leadership

"Try to look past people with a grudge"

Current Employee - General Manager in London, England

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing talented people, innovative exciting product, learning opportunity. Revolut is an amazing exciting business. People are highly valued and listened to - and there are a lot of people with amazing achievements at a relatively early stage in their careers. They are given the support to do great things but inevitably some are frustrated that they can't take every business critical decision on their own and , as the business grows, are rightly more constrained by risk and compliance obligations. A lot of nonsense is talked about the leadership team who are way more accessible than in most similarly scaled companies - if anything too available. They are skilled dedicated and yes driven people who have made the business a success so far. And I suspect will continue to do so.

Cons

It's sometimes hard, but difficult , challenging stuff always is. The business is in a highly competitive space and is keen to bring innovation to market as soon as it can. The need to move towards profitability isn't fully understood by the young workforce who see a high company valuation and think that should mean cash being un constrained. It doesn't!

October 1, 2020

Thank you very much for leaving a review, we really appreciate you taking the time. It's great to see that you're enjoying your time with us, keep up the great work!

"Growing pains"

Current Employee - Change Delivery Manager in London, England

I have been working at Revolut full-time

Pros

Transparent about company progress, set up well to share data across departments

Cons

Very alpha culture, focus on expansion without due regard for sustainable growth

January 4, 2021

Thank you for writing us a review, and for recognising the processes and systems we've set up internally for our Revoluters to do their best work. Revoluters have an ambitious mission, and as you say we're transparent about company progress. Our expansion plans are guided by strategic assessment and very much focused on long term sustainable growth as are most of our goals. That said, we never want to grow at the expense of our people and our culture. Please consider raising your concerns and suggestions through our available channels. Happy holidays!

"Toxic environment"

Former Employee - Strategic Partnerships Manager in London, England

I worked at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great products and very smart people all around

Cons

Disorganised HR/People Ops from beginning to end, lots of "A-player" managers with negative people skills, condescending and toxic environment. It's not about the no work-life balance, it's about the terrible and unexperienced people management.

November 5, 2020Employer Brand Manager, Singapore @ Revolut

Thank you for your review. We’re glad that you enjoyed working with skilled colleagues - we’re proud to have them - and we’re sorry that it didn’t work out for you. We respect all our people and we work hard to help them have a good experience at Revolut - but we know that this isn’t the right place for everyone. Sometimes our enthusiasm, our ambition, and our determination to get things right can run away with us, it’s not personal. We wish you well in your future career.

"Challenging and tense, with its perks and pitfalls"

4.0
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in London, England

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Overall smart colleagues - Open mindedness and little politics, so it's easy to get done in two weeks things that in a standard bank would take three months - Good scope for career progression if ready to take on ownership - Building an awesome product - Fair, but not excellent compensation and benefits - Good name to have on the cv

Cons

- Micromanagement from some executives - Over emphasis on the KPIs where the underlying reality ceases to exist, to the point of taking some bad business decision just to raise the KPI of few percentage points - Service teams change processes different times per quarter, yet expect other teams to comply to botched up processes. There should be an "user experience KPI" for all the service teams - Sometimes unreasonable expectations (depends a lot on the team)

September 29, 2020

Thanks very much for letting us know about your experience with Revolut.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 68 English Reviews