Find jobs for Operations Manager

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

17 Apr 2021 - Operations Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Fast Pace - Surrounded by very intelligent people - Can see the progress and impact the product is making in the marketplace - Everyone committed to success

Cons

The pace is not for everyone

Revolut Response

Hello! Thank you for telling us about your experience. Revolut truly is making waves across markets, and we really have our own Revoluters to thank. Have a nice day!

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Challenging and tense, with its perks and pitfalls

24 Aug 2020 - Operations Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Overall smart colleagues - Open mindedness and little politics, so it's easy to get done in two weeks things that in a standard bank would take three months - Good scope for career progression if ready to take on ownership - Building an awesome product - Fair, but not excellent compensation and benefits - Good name to have on the cv

Cons

- Micromanagement from some executives - Over emphasis on the KPIs where the underlying reality ceases to exist, to the point of taking some bad business decision just to raise the KPI of few percentage points - Service teams change processes different times per quarter, yet expect other teams to comply to botched up processes. There should be an "user experience KPI" for all the service teams - Sometimes unreasonable expectations (depends a lot on the team)

6 people found this review helpful

Revolut Response

Thanks very much for letting us know about your experience with Revolut.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place for growth

4 Feb 2021 - Payment Operations Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great exposure Good promotion opportunities New initiative give rise to leadership roles for those able to take them Best technology

Cons

Work/life balance Benefits schemes could be better

Revolut Response

Hi there! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We wish you well!

4. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Stay away, ropy business model and immature management

12 Feb 2020 - Operations Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

nice office, interesting work, smart piers, sparking water in the fridge :)

Cons

Horrendous probation period practices: probation period goals are poorly set. What was discussed in the first week of employment turned out to be completely irrelevant. Considering how much fuss was made by the HR on what one needed to do in the first 2 months, there was no attempt by the management to follow any structure or be involved in making me successful in my new job. No feedback: you are told here and there that you are doing well, but there were no direct conversations to point out areas of improvement. None cares to put time in the calendar to have regular catch-ups or check on the progress to give direction in the early weeks. People are treated like disposable cards (pun intended): I applied for a role that had a completely different profile and in a few weeks not only did my job title change, but also I was told 'you are not fit for the role' and was let go in a few weeks for no reason Company culture is set by managers, so there is no such thing, it's just bad management.

43 people found this review helpful
  5. 2.0
    Current Employee

Overrated

28 Jan 2021 - Operations Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Salary Brand name Cool offices

Cons

Long hours Lack of strong leadership

3 people found this review helpful

Revolut Response

Hello, and thank you for contributing a review. Revolut is on a mission to reinvent how the world does money, and we certainly want our people to feel motivated to reach that goal together. Compensation and office spaces are just some of the many ways we do to achieve that, and we're so glad you've pointed them out! A lot does go on behind the scenes so that our business continues to grow, and long hours are sometimes inevitable as we roll out new product/feature launches and campaigns across the globe. That said, we never want to grow at the expense of our people, so do make sure you get downtime to rest - otherwise, please consider speaking with your line manager so you get the rest you need. We wish you well!

6. 1.0

Dire

5 May 2020 - Operations Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good Salaries - Great office space - Free Deliveroo

Cons

You only have to read some the most recent reviews to understand what it's like to work at Revolut. "A lot of good people around but culture is awful" "No work life balance, Management only cares about your works not you." "Top down micro management and unachievable targets" "Innovating company but complete wrong management" "Bad management, poor HR practices, would avoid" "Not recommended even if Revolut brand name big" There is no real autonomy to make a difference. Teams are not empowered to set and focus on longer term strategies. Senior leadership style is more of a dictatorship, with teams simply closing actions coming from the top. It's dire. Very open about company willingness to fire people with a '0% underperformance target by the end of 2020 at any cost' objective. General vibe is unfriendly and unsupportive. Glassdoor responses feel PR driven rather than respond to actual issues. You simply cannot sugar coat how the company acts. Yes, we may be building a rocket ship, but unless we develop a heart as a business, it's gonna crash.

37 people found this review helpful

Revolut Response

We’d like to thank you for taking the time to write this review, we do take these seriously and pass on all feedback to the appropriate people. Revolut’s performance review process includes time for informal and formal check ins on performance. Where people have been let go after a performance review, this follows formal review and discussion of their performance and where the company believes that the employee has not achieved the expected performance. We feel that we’re an organisation where everyone’s ideas are respected, and that people have the autonomy and support to be able to pursue those ideas, so it’s disappointing that this hasn’t been your experience so far with us. We would urge you to escalate this to anyone in management you feel you can speak to. Thanks again for your recommendations, please know that they will be passed on.

7. 5.0

Great place for engineers

26 Jun 2020 - Operations Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive salary Great onboarding process Scope for progression

Cons

Long hours required at times

1 person found this review helpful

Revolut Response

Hi there, Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know about your positive experience at Revolut - we really appreciate it! We're glad that you're enjoying some of the benefits we have on offer, and the progression that's open to you. thanks for your contributions and hard work.

8. 4.0

Unusual Workplace - Evolving in interesting ways

13 Mar 2019 - Operations Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Joined few weeks back and here are my first impressions - Extremely transparent - Very ambitious - Using modern age tools and techniques - Young crowd - Doesnt matter where you work, how much you work and how you work as long as things are getting done.

Cons

-Growing fast so practices at times are not consistent. - Its a startup trying to solve a problem which hasnt been solved fast enough. It means hard work and no one at revolut are willing to(or should) apologize for.

2 people found this review helpful

Stronger Together

Hey, thanks for your review! We’ve spent lots of time since you posted this review working on perfecting our internal processes. We understand that scaling up at speed can sometimes produce a high pressure environment but we’ve been building a strong foundation to scale up and properly manage our growth. We’re always open to hearing from our team about what we can do better. Please do reach out and give us more detail on how we can improve!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to grow and learn

3 Mar 2019 - Senior Operations Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great meritocratic environment, therefore lots of career opportunities if you deliver - Insane learning curve - Freedom to shape the product and fulfil your ideas - Flat structure of the company - everyone works with everyone - Super complex and interesting field

Cons

Nothing major to put here, but perks probably could have been better compared to Big Tech

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Operations

23 Jan 2018 - Operations Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very exciting phase for the company as it expands globally and releases new features constantly. Operations is involved in all facets of the firm so you get a solid understanding of the business overall You get to work with very smart & ambitious people willing to go the extra mile. The learning curve is steep and there is unlimited opportunity for growth.

Cons

Company is still a startup in many ways - many processes/procedures still defined.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Reviews