Find jobs for Operations Manager

Nikolay Storonsky

"Great Company to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Operations Manager in London, England

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Learning Immense Responsibility High bar to work

Cons

The compensation is low compared to amount of work and dedication required.

Revolut2019-09-20

Revolut Response

October 11, 2019Stronger Together.

Thanks for the great feedback! All of us at Revolut are constantly learning and growing with the company. Most of the time, it feels like we’re building a spaceship when we're already up in outer space :) That comes with intense learning and, as you so well put it, a high bar for our work. If you feel your compensation doesn’t reflect your efforts, we strongly encourage you to bring this up with your line manager and/or your HR team via the internal HR portal or Slack. Offering fair compensation — what we call at Revolut the Total Rewards Package (benefits, including pensions, equity, performance related pay, enhanced number of vacation days, etc.) — is one of our top priorities. We believe our employees’ compensation is directly linked to our company’s success and we are making continuous efforts to align them to the markets we are operating in. For strong performers, biannual bonuses are always there.

"Dire"

1.0

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Good Salaries - Great office space - Free Deliveroo

Cons

You only have to read some the most recent reviews to understand what it's like to work at Revolut. "A lot of good people around but culture is awful" "No work life balance, Management only cares about your works not you." "Top down micro management and unachievable targets" "Innovating company but complete wrong management" "Bad management, poor HR practices, would avoid" "Not recommended even if Revolut brand name big" There is no real autonomy to make a difference. Teams are not empowered to set and focus on longer term strategies. Senior leadership style is more of a dictatorship, with teams simply closing actions coming from the top. It's dire. Very open about company willingness to fire people with a '0% underperformance target by the end of 2020 at any cost' objective. General vibe is unfriendly and unsupportive. Glassdoor responses feel PR driven rather than respond to actual issues. You simply cannot sugar coat how the company acts. Yes, we may be building a rocket ship, but unless we develop a heart as a business, it's gonna crash.

Revolut2020-05-05

May 22, 2020

We’d like to thank you for taking the time to write this review, we do take these seriously and pass on all feedback to the appropriate people. Revolut’s performance review process includes time for informal and formal check ins on performance. Where people have been let go after a performance review, this follows formal review and discussion of their performance and where the company believes that the employee has not achieved the expected performance. We feel that we’re an organisation where everyone’s ideas are respected, and that people have the autonomy and support to be able to pursue those ideas, so it’s disappointing that this hasn’t been your experience so far with us. We would urge you to escalate this to anyone in management you feel you can speak to. Thanks again for your recommendations, please know that they will be passed on.

"Stay away, ropy business model and immature management"

1.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

nice office, interesting work, smart piers, sparking water in the fridge :)

Cons

Horrendous probation period practices: probation period goals are poorly set. What was discussed in the first week of employment turned out to be completely irrelevant. Considering how much fuss was made by the HR on what one needed to do in the first 2 months, there was no attempt by the management to follow any structure or be involved in making me successful in my new job. No feedback: you are told here and there that you are doing well, but there were no direct conversations to point out areas of improvement. None cares to put time in the calendar to have regular catch-ups or check on the progress to give direction in the early weeks. People are treated like disposable cards (pun intended): I applied for a role that had a completely different profile and in a few weeks not only did my job title change, but also I was told 'you are not fit for the role' and was let go in a few weeks for no reason Company culture is set by managers, so there is no such thing, it's just bad management.

Revolut2020-02-13

"Unusual Workplace - Evolving in interesting ways"

4.0

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

Joined few weeks back and here are my first impressions - Extremely transparent - Very ambitious - Using modern age tools and techniques - Young crowd - Doesnt matter where you work, how much you work and how you work as long as things are getting done.

Cons

-Growing fast so practices at times are not consistent. - Its a startup trying to solve a problem which hasnt been solved fast enough. It means hard work and no one at revolut are willing to(or should) apologize for.

Revolut2019-03-13

January 23, 2020Stronger Together

Hey, thanks for your review! We’ve spent lots of time since you posted this review working on perfecting our internal processes. We understand that scaling up at speed can sometimes produce a high pressure environment but we’ve been building a strong foundation to scale up and properly manage our growth. We’re always open to hearing from our team about what we can do better. Please do reach out and give us more detail on how we can improve!

"Great company to grow and learn"

Current Employee - Senior Operations Manager in London, England

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great meritocratic environment, therefore lots of career opportunities if you deliver - Insane learning curve - Freedom to shape the product and fulfil your ideas - Flat structure of the company - everyone works with everyone - Super complex and interesting field

Cons

Nothing major to put here, but perks probably could have been better compared to Big Tech

Revolut2019-03-03
  6. "Operations"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in London, England

I have been working at Revolut full-time

Pros

Very exciting phase for the company as it expands globally and releases new features constantly. Operations is involved in all facets of the firm so you get a solid understanding of the business overall You get to work with very smart & ambitious people willing to go the extra mile. The learning curve is steep and there is unlimited opportunity for growth.

Cons

Company is still a startup in many ways - many processes/procedures still defined.

Revolut2018-01-23
  7. "Exposure to everything"

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Get the opportunity to use many different skills such as technical skills through doing in depth analysis to business skills when negotiating with suppliers - Autonomy, I get to explore many different ways of getting something done efficiently and am not limited my much.

Cons

The 'getting stuff done' culture isn't right for everyone, it requires a lot of drive.

Revolut2018-01-23

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 7 reviews