Revolut Product Owner Reviews

Updated 16 Feb 2021

3.1
Revolut Founder and CEO Nikolay Storonsky
Nikolay Storonsky
  1. "Smart people, ambitious goal and KPIs driven"

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

Smart people, cool products, complete autonomy, KPIs driven

Cons

Crazy deadlines, no room for error

2. "Fast moving company with amazing culture for great people"

Current Employee - Product Owner

I have been working at Revolut full-time

Pros

+ speed of learning is amazing + quality of people + very strong employer brand + great compensation + interesting work

Cons

A lot of downsides for B-players: - very high talent bar - if you are not amazing at your job, you will be fired fast

Continue reading

3. "Great place to learn and develop your skills"

I have been working at Revolut full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- great place to develop your skills - lots of opportunities to evolve - good reward system (salary, bonuses, etc) - performance feedback is provided on quarterly bases - lots of decision freedom in the PO position - respect for good quality deliveries

Cons

- too many responsibilities as a PO, the job involves lots of Project Management - life/work balance can be bad at times

4. "Best place to work if you are up for challenge and growth"

Current Employee - Product Owner

I have been working at Revolut full-time

Pros

- Get a lot of responsibility (if you are up for it) - Get all the resources to get things done - Be accountable for result

Cons

- You need to be agile and prepared for change from time to time

January 12, 2021

Thank you for writing us a positive review. Revolut strives to hire only A-players whom we know will enjoy the way we work, and we're definitely glad you're liking your Revoluter experience thus far!

"Coercive culture, cartoon-villain CEO, Michael Scott-style middle management"

I have been working at Revolut full-time for more than a year

Pros

Revolut pay the high end of UK salaries, although globally, salaries are not at all competitive A good number of holidays but you will never get to use it given the coercive culture to work on holidays

Cons

Lack of trust from management, if things are blocked / going slowly, you are not asked why or how systems can be improved, you are instead simply forced to go faster or push others to work harder at the expense of their health. Micromanagement rules everything around here. Revolut style of management will remind you of Office Space or The Office, it is that cartoonish (you have to see it to believe it), except this is your real career you are dealing with and it is not really funny. For a tech startup, the product/ops manager to designer/engineer ratio is extremely high, every layer creating the illusion of getting things done (for performance reasons), but the true blockers lie further downstream that managers are either blind to or find it difficult to resolve as it is frowned upon not to "show progress" every week.

Continue reading

"Great if you are the right culture fit"

I have been working at Revolut full-time for more than a year

Pros

- No bureaucracy - Fast paced - Highly ambitious - High level of responsibility

Cons

- Management could be better - We haven't found the right performance management process yet

September 29, 2020

Hi there, thanks very much for taking the time to let us know about your experience, we're really glad to hear that you're enjoying your time at Revolut!

"Most fulfilling job ever"

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

- No day is the same and everyday you learn something new - Everyone is motivated to create the best product possible for the customer - There is no limit on what is possible for the product you are working on - If you have an idea and can back it up with numbers you will be able to form your idea into an actual product feature - The people you work with are from very diverse backgrounds which makes the workplace very interesting and alive (e.g. you do not only interact with ex-bankers)

Cons

- You will have moments where the job gets busy and you need to make longer hours. This is the sacrifice you make when getting onboard of this groundbreaking company. (On the other hand you do get plenty of time in PTO in return to unwind)

July 1, 2020

Hi there, We really appreciate your positive review - thank you! We're so glad that you're clearly passionate about the Revolut mission, and are very grateful for the extra effort that you put in. Thanks so much again and keep up the great work!

"Not for everyone"

2.0
    Former Employee - Product Owner

I worked at Revolut full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can be given a lot of scope Sink-or-swim approach, so if you swim you can grow fast

Cons

Culture is extremely toxic, driven by fear Senior leadership is poor - no experience, no deep thinking, no knowledge Zero strategy apart from "building a super-app" which nobody treats as actual vision Level of pay is certainly not worth it

September 21, 2020Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for leaving a review, and we’re sorry to hear that you didn’t have a more positive experience with us. Sometimes our enthusiasm, the scale of our ambition, and our determination to get things right can run away with us. It’s not personal, but we do appreciate that Revolut may not be right fit for everyone. We’re working hard to make sure our recruitment and onboarding processes select and support the people who can thrive here.

"Worst Company Culture Ever"

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

Interesting work, fast paced. Never ending grand ambition of world domination.

Cons

Worst work culture ever, PERIOD. Everyone is being pushed nonStop by the CEO and his minions. Extremely arrogant product heads who think they know everything , but in reality they hardly have developed anything great. CEO and product head don't want to listen, just push and push all that time, thinking that's their job. Deadlines are from thin air, they are unbelievably ridiculous but you have to stick to them. Product Head always works with the assumption that people are slacking, and hence pushes unnecessarily. It can drive anyone mad. If you are a product guy interviewing with this company and getting sold by the growth and by HR, don't be fooled. Your product skills are not required here, what is required are puppets who can without challenging just implement what CEO says.

August 14, 2020

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time. We recognise that we still have some work to do in making sure that our enthusiasm to build a financial superApp does not affect our culture or communications in a negative way, and we have several initiatives in place that are specifically designed to tackle that. We take your comments on board, and as you’re currently an employee we’d ask you to please escalate this feedback internally via the weekly pulse surveys. We hope that we can start to improve your impression soon.

"Unfortunate"

Current Employee - Senior Product Owner in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Revolut full-time for more than a year

Pros

Revolut's product is great and its digital experience is perhaps one of the best in the market. We also have smart and passionate folks working in the company

Cons

Leadership and promotions - experienced folks are driven out of the companies, leaving young, inexperienced but early joiners to be promoted. The recent promotions or changes in leadership appointments ( on the Heads level ) are testamonts to this bad practise - inexperienced heads of departments are promoted due to length of time in company, rather than competency. - some of the product promotions to head levels don't make sense at all as they do not have proper product management experience, some can't even speak English properly. CEO - CEO is doing what he believes in, but unfortunately, he should have promoted or retained folks with industry experience, rather than promoting yes-man to head of departments just so he can continue to micro-manage the product.

July 7, 2020

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback which will be passed on. We work hard to give our managers and leaders the training that they need to help us mature as an organisation and we realise that as a startup, we still have steps to take in this area. Please do fill out our weekly surveys. These help us pinpoint where changes may be needed and will help us improve your Revolut experience. It’s great to see that you’re enjoying working with your team and on our great product, and we hope that we can improve your experience with us.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 English Reviews