Find jobs for Project Manager

3.1
Revolut Founder and CEO Nikolay Storonsky
Nikolay Storonsky
0 Rating

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A very flexible process

Sep 17, 2019 - Product Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Many interesting conversations with smart, passionate people easy to organise and to work around my schedule take home tasks are interesting to do and don't take too much time

Cons

can be surprising to be recruited without being assigned to a product until the last minute

3 people found this review helpful

Stronger Together.

Hi there, happy to hear that you’re feeling positively challenged. We pride ourselves in recruiting highly skilled and passionate people, and we’re glad when that reflects in day to day interactions. We know that in most recruiting processes assigning candidates to specific teams happens earlier. We realised, though, that in order to close up on a 100% match, we’d rather use the recruitment process to test out a few scenarios (based on skill set, experience and interests) and choose the right team for you — better alignment, enhanced happiness, positive employee retention is the goal. Our business is evolving fast so it’s often difficult to align resources with precision. We will, however, forward your feedback to the recruiters and hiring managers so that we can improve in this area.

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Engineering excellence ruined by toxic product culture

Mar 24, 2021 - Senior Product Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Engineers are experienced and genuinely interested in building a good product. If you don't have a technical background, you will pick up a lot of new knowledge. The product moves very quickly and your work can have an impact of millions of people who use the product every day. Everyone is very motivated and hard-working, even if that motivation is driven by fear.

Cons

The company is only interested in making money. There is zero interest in understanding or solving customer problems, even when those problems are caused by our product. The approach to problem solving is totally top-down and backwards from the rest of the industry. You will not learn anything at Revolut about product development that will be applicable at other companies that are customer-oriented. You will only learn how to survive at Revolut. On a personal level, it really is a toxic workplace without trust or mutual respect. I think a lot of my colleagues are happy with their jobs because they believe the compensation is good and the experience will further their career, but I do not know a single person who enjoys their work whatsoever. Diversity is also a major issue. Less than 10% of managers are women. Fix this. Finally, the equity compensation system was changed recently and new hires should understand that it is much less beneficial than before. If you are considering taking a job at Revolut, read the fine print carefully and push for cash.

Continue reading
    36 people found this review helpful

Revolut Response

Hello, thank you for telling us about your experience. You are right about the commitment of our engineers. We're proud of their dedication. We take all reviews seriously and would like to set some things straight. Firstly we should be clear that everyone at Revolut is very focused on delivering the best possible customer experience. We have feedback loops across our business to pick up and resolve issues so that we can deliver the best possible product for our customers. Revolut is committed to fostering diversity including in developing more women leaders. The proportion of women managers is several times the percentage you cite and we hope that our Women in Leadership programme will increase the proportions of women coming into leadership roles. We're sorry if you don't find your workplace supportive. We want everyone to feel good at work and we'd recommend that you raise your concerns through our internal channels to see if we can improve things. Lastly, we want working at Revolut to be rewarding in every way. Our growth shares scheme was designed with the advice of external experts to be the best way we could ensure that employees could share in Revolut's future success while minimising their tax penalties. You can find more details in Confluence. Thank you for getting in touch.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee

Stressful but you know what you are getting into

May 1, 2021 - Associate Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

They give you lots of responsibility early on

Cons

Don't join if you don't work well under pressure. Seriously

Revolut Response

Hello! Thank you for your positive review. We wish you well!

4. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Don’t be a moth to this very bright flame - because it’s a house on fire

Jun 17, 2020 - Project Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

As with all start ups, you’ll get the chance to have an impact and a lot of ownership in your work. If you’re interested in fintech Revolut is one of the top ones to have on your resume. Interesting projects and products you’ll be able to work on. If you have received feedback that you are difficult to work with, you are rude or aggressive with your team, these are actually valued at Revolut. So you can join and be your true self! Easy to climb the ladder, if Niklikes you, you can get any role you want even if you don’t have experience or maturity to execute it. Some success stories include VP of Revenue, Head of Retail Product, Director of Customer Comms and Head of People.

Cons

There are multiple reviews talking about being terminated for ‘performance’. This is true even though Revolut has been copying and pasting their response of “where people have left after a performance review, this follows formal review of discussion of their performance.” The fact that Revolut is pasting this reply when there are so many different instances of this exact feedback on Glassdoor should be a red flag for anyone considering Revolut as an employer (especially if you will need a visa). See latest WIRED UK article about employees being unfairly terminated. I’ve seen this happen to 8 people within my team in the last 3 months and that’s just who I work with daily. You will get a calendar invite for a meeting with your manager, you are told you’re being let go. You will see your team mates Slack deactivated and it will not be addressed by your manager or HOD. It’s become totally normal. For the founder Nik, he doesn’t trust anyone and severely disrupts teams workflows. Insisting on weekly presentations with every product owner presenting their roadmap and work. It is normal to be called incompetent, stupid, useless in meetings in front of your whole team. There are several resignations and mental anxiety from these meetings alone. I have personally heard in two meetings where he will tell people to consider firing their entire teams. You will be expected to work hard, work weekends, while never be sure of your job security (regardless of seniority) and endure verbal lashings. Expectation from Revolut? Do all this and the work of your terminated team mates - won’t hurt if you sacrifice your salary too!

Continue reading
    37 people found this review helpful

Revolut Response

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. As a current employee, we would urge you to escalate your concerns internally. Aggressive or belittling behaviour are unacceptable and should be reported to HR. We are a fast moving business and accept that our communication may sometimes be imperfect and we hope that continued training and clear guidelines will improve this. We dispute claims of unfair dismissal and use consistent messaging to explain our processes which include time for check-ins and feedback. If people have been let go, this follows formal reviews and a clear explanation of where an employee has not achieved the expected performance. This is of course a sensitive subject, and we try to manage this process with compassion and empathy. We’re sorry if anyone who feels this wasn’t their experience. It’s great to see that you’re enjoying the impact of working at Revolut and the projects themselves, and we really hope that we can improve your Revolut experience.

5. 4.0

Good place to work

Apr 13, 2020 - Senior PM in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

fun, kind, loving, fast paced, rewarding

Cons

busy, isolating, processes, business oriented,

Stronger Together

Hey, thanks for your honest review. We appreciate your taking the time to tell us about your experience! We've made no secret of the fact that one of our core values is Stronger Together, so we're sorry to hear that you feel isolated at Revolut. We try to offer plenty of opportunities for Revoluters to socialise and get to know each other better - this should be your work family. Let us know if you have ideas for initiatives that we can implement to improve those relationships.

6. 5.0

PM

Dec 15, 2019 - Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice place to work in.

Cons

none, everything is very nice

Stronger Together

Thanks for your feedback - we’re delighted to hear you’re enjoying Revolut!

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews