Revolut Reviews

Updated 10 May 2021

3.3
Revolut Founder and CEO Nikolay Storonsky
Nikolay Storonsky
Pros
  • "Fast paced environment where you can see your impact from very start(in 22 reviews)

• "You get to be surrounded by smart people(in 18 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Good place to work as iOS dev"

Current Employee - Senior IOS Engineer in London, England, England

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very responsive iOS team leads; Very strong base architecture everybody follows; Automated processes like CI, code review, etc are perfect; Salary;

Cons

Weak relocation package; Missing of QA stage in dev process; Can become boring very fast; Health insurance for employee only, not family;

Revolut Response

October 28, 2020

Thank you for your review and keep up the great work!

"Ambitious company, talented colleagues"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in London, England, England

I have been working at Revolut full-time

Pros

- Great, talented and driven colleagues - Ambitious goals and strategy - Nice perks and employee wellness initiatives - Good salayr

Cons

Management micromanages a bit too much.

"Engineering excellence ruined by toxic product culture"

2.0
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in London, England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Revolut full-time for more than a year

Pros

Engineers are experienced and genuinely interested in building a good product. If you don't have a technical background, you will pick up a lot of new knowledge. The product moves very quickly and your work can have an impact of millions of people who use the product every day. Everyone is very motivated and hard-working, even if that motivation is driven by fear.

Cons

The company is only interested in making money. There is zero interest in understanding or solving customer problems, even when those problems are caused by our product. The approach to problem solving is totally top-down and backwards from the rest of the industry. You will not learn anything at Revolut about product development that will be applicable at other companies that are customer-oriented. You will only learn how to survive at Revolut. On a personal level, it really is a toxic workplace without trust or mutual respect. I think a lot of my colleagues are happy with their jobs because they believe the compensation is good and the experience will further their career, but I do not know a single person who enjoys their work whatsoever. Diversity is also a major issue. Less than 10% of managers are women. Fix this. Finally, the equity compensation system was changed recently and new hires should understand that it is much less beneficial than before. If you are considering taking a job at Revolut, read the fine print carefully and push for cash.

Continue reading
  4. "A fantastic place to work, for the right person"

Current Employee - Senior L&D Manager in London, England, England

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

I had some mixed feelings about joining Revolut, given some of the negative reviews and press I'd seen, but I'm happy to say that my experience has been overwhelmingly positive! It's unlike any environment I've worked in before (although joining a company during a pandemic is a new experience in itself), and it's probably not for everyone, but I can honestly say that I love it. Positives include: * the chance to work with A-players and be surrounded by smart, dedicated, passionate individuals * an amazing product and a clear vision for shaking up the financial services industry * a flexible working policy * intensely goal-driven but fair: you always know what you need to achieve and are pushed to prioritise and solve big problems * helpful and supportive colleagues and managers * culture and values that inspire me and that I can identify with * a great deal of autonomy to go out and get things done * a truly multicultural workforce and global outlook

Cons

I can't say I've come across any real negatives so far, but just a caveat that Revolut is not for everyone. You'll likely feel more at home if you've worked in technology and/or startups before, and perhaps also some international experience, especially in locations where the pace is a bit more hectic than the UK. Other things to note: * it's fast-paced startup and there's a lot to be done as quickly as possible; I haven't felt pressured to work extra hours, but you do need to be careful not to burn out. * the company sometimes suffers from a split personality: on the one hand it's finding its feet in the highly regulated world of finance, but it feels more like an innovative fintech focused almost entirely on building an exceptional product; this sometimes involves putting on different hats, depending on what you're doing * not enough female representation, especially in management (although that's partly to be expected in both finance and technology fields)

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

I have been working at Revolut full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great people & wonderful environment - Good culture - Rewarding benefits and pay - You'll learn a lot and gain a lot of transferrable skills

Cons

-long working hours but other than that it's a great place to work

"Chaotic and toxic experience"

1.0
    Former Employee - Backend Engineer in London, England, England

I worked at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Base salary is above average. - If you are lucky you are involved in interesting projects. - Some microservices have been well designed and tested.

Cons

- Overall culture in Revolut is at the same time chaotic and toxic. Once you join the organisation you are labeled as "B player" and the first day the HR and manager put on you already high pressure by saying that it's not for everyone to be promoted to "A player" by the end of probationary period and if you fail you are not going to be confirmed in the company. - You are evaluated on the basis of unrealistic KPIs decided by unexperienced managers that have been long enough in this company to be promoted and the company expects that you work 24/7 to accomplish these KPIs. So expect to work 12-15 hours every day and during weekends with no extra pay for overtime hours. - Technical decisions are taken in a rush most of the time taking short cuts which can be risky. - This company pretends too much from yourself and this has affected negatively my private life and I accepted the first offer on the table.

7. COVID-19

"Opportunity to grow your tech skills but you will not enjoy it"

2.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England, England

I have been working at Revolut full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

+ exceptionally technically strong engineering team, you can learn a lot + scalability challenges to solve + international experience with business travel between offices (pre-covid) + competitive salary + some teams have a lot of greenfield projects

Cons

- engineer's career growth depends highly on CTO's personal decisions, process is unclear - management (C-level) is pushing their ways of doing things, employee's opinion does not matter much - if you're unlucky you might get moved a lot between teams (and line managers) - in some (not all) teams PO/LM is pushing tasks without considering team's capacity so either you need to overtime or push back and get low performance scores - retention is low, nobody cares about whether you enjoy or not your work until you decide to leave - stock option bonuses are not really that good - there is no clarity on when and how much of those you'll be able to actually sell and company almost deliberately makes it hard/unclear for employees to sell their shares - performance review process is still unclear and is constantly being changed - work life balance highly depends on the team and LM but overall is low in the company - management is always trying to push for extra KPIs regardless of limited resources

8. "Good company"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in London, England, England

I worked at Revolut full-time

Pros

Great people with a real drive to be the best

Cons

Work life balance is not that great

9. "Good company"

Current Employee - Data Analyst

I have been working at Revolut full-time

Pros

Lots of talented, smart people to learn from. Fast paced Good brand name for CV Great product Good salary

Cons

Work can be overwhelming at times.

10. "High performance culture"

Current Employee - Lead Recruiter

I have been working at Revolut full-time for more than a year

Pros

+ Impactful work + Opportunities for fast progression + Part of a recognisable brand & market leader + Performance recognised & rewarded + High talent environment, surrounded by like minded individuals

Cons

- Tough environment; expectation to consistently perform & put in long hours - High workload

Viewing 1 - 10 of 490 Reviews