Revolut Delegate Reviews

Updated 24 Jul 2020

4.0
Revolut Founder and CEO Nikolay Storonsky
Nikolay Storonsky

"Great place for engineers"

5.0
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in London, England

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

Competitive salary Great onboarding process Scope for progression

Cons

Long hours required at times

Revolut Response

July 1, 2020

Hi there, Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know about your positive experience at Revolut - we really appreciate it! We're glad that you're enjoying some of the benefits we have on offer, and the progression that's open to you. thanks for your contributions and hard work.

"Challenging and fast-paced but not different from other leading banks"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in London, England

I have been working at Revolut full-time

Pros

1. Everyone is very intelligent and happy to follow a 'youthful' way of working, which makes getting things done very straight forward. You will never spend hours building a deck or negotiating with EAs just to get time with senior leaders - in fact it's completely acceptable to message (almost) anyone on Slack and expect a reply within 24 hours. 2. Systems are new and uncomplicated (for the industry). Significant improvements, that might take 6 months at big banks, can be achieved within 2 weeks.

Cons

1. Leaders are very arrogant about their place in the industry. I haven't seen Revolut launch anything truly innovative that hasn't been done elsewhere, yet leaders are always claiming that initiatives are 'world-leading' (e.g. Revolut Junior). Much of the customer base buys into this hype because Revolut has been most successful in markets with backward banking industries (i.e. continental Europe and Ireland). 2. Base pay and pension contributions are significantly below market. Previously this wasn't an issue because of share options and the 'start up culture', but now that they've basically become another big bank, they're going to have to come up with the cash to attract and retain talent. 3. Relatively flat structure and high calibre of talent above you mean that promotions are very hard to come by, and usually result from luck or playing the waiting game.

Revolut Response

August 10, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we really appreciate your honest feedback. We’re happy to see that you’re enjoying some really important aspects of our culture, and we’d like to address a couple of your points. We’re surprised that you feel base pay is low. We offer competitive salaries and options are also available to our Revoluters. Promotion is based in merit and achievement as kit is at most businesses and following our recent performance reviews, we expect plenty of people will be eligible for promotion, so we’d have to dispute your third point. Lastly, as you’re a current employee, please do make sure that you complete our weekly pulse surveys so that we can continue to make improvements across the business. Thanks again for taking the time.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.