Revolut Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Updated Nov 24, 2020

Found 21 of over 623 reviews

3.5
Revolut Founder and CEO Nikolay Storonsky
Nikolay Storonsky
Pros
  • "Fast paced environment where you can see your impact from very start(in 22 reviews)

• "You get to be surrounded by smart people(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance is nonexistent(in 37 reviews)

• "no one really cares for product stuff)(in 20 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Revolut

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Really collaborative and friendly environment

Nov 4, 2020 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced, things change quickly but you're kept updated Friendly colleagues Flat structure - fully transparent and easy to reach out to almost anyone Clear progression

Cons

Regulations and compliance is very strict meaning sometimes things are trickier than customers would like

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful

Revolut Response

We're so pleased that you're enjoying your experience with us!

2. 3.0

Fast paced

Nov 24, 2020 - Data Scientist in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

smart people, fast paced, lots of opportunities

Cons

too much kpi oriented, hard wlb

1 person found this review helpful

Revolut Response

Thank you for your review, and for appreciating that our Revoluters have the chance to work with really talented people. Revolut wants to reinvent how the world does money. We want to deliver great things for our customers and that ambition to get things done quickly can sometimes be challenging. At the same time we want everyone to enjoy working at Revolut and to achieve a good work/life balance. Please watch out for advice and tips from HR and Workplace Experience on how to achieve that and do reach out to your manager if you are struggling. We hope you continue to stay the course as part of our Revolut story.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place for personal and professional growth

Oct 1, 2020 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

+ fast-paced environment + career progression based on delivery + lots of interesting challenges + awesome people + flat structure

Cons

- fear of failure could stop you sometimes

4 people found this review helpful

Revolut Response

Thank you for leaving a review, we really appreciate you taking the time. Wishing you the best of luck in your next step!

4. 3.0

Purely delivery-oriented

Sep 14, 2020 - Tech Recruiter in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment Good place to boost your CV and get challenged daily

Cons

Numbers and KPI-centred organisation. Only delivery and productivity counts Lack of human touch

3 people found this review helpful

Revolut Response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review, thanks for letting us know about your positive experience with us and we wish you the very best in your next step.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great if you are the right culture fit

Aug 27, 2020 - Product Owner in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- No bureaucracy - Fast paced - Highly ambitious - High level of responsibility

Cons

- Management could be better - We haven't found the right performance management process yet

Revolut Response

Hi there, thanks very much for taking the time to let us know about your experience, we're really glad to hear that you're enjoying your time at Revolut!

6. 4.0

You will grow

Aug 17, 2020 - Technical Recruiter in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great opportunity to grow and learn a lot. Fast paced environment

Cons

Management make no sence. Processes and structures changed 3-4 times per 2 years

3 people found this review helpful

Revolut Response

Thanks very much for letting us know about your experience, we're so glad you're enjoying the growth opportunities on offer here!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Challenging and exciting environment with great opportunities

Jul 4, 2020 - Recruiter in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love the fast-paced and exciting environment and the fact that I get to work with a great team and brilliant people throughout the business. The base salaries are good and they offer great benefits (30 days annual leave, free deliveroo, etc.) A lot of complaints in other reviews are about the work-life balance and to be honest it can vary quite a bit depending on departments and individual teams. In my department the work-life balance is very good, in fact it's better than at other companies I've worked at before. The culture of never settling and always striving to be better aligns closely with my personal values, therefore it's a plus for me. However, if your biggest ambition in life is to be home in front of the TV by 6 pm every day, it might admittedly not be for you. I think people need to be aware what working for a start-up is really like before joining with false expectations.

Cons

Communication from (senior) management can be less than ideal, some decisions (mostly around internal processes) don't seem to be well thought through.

Revolut Response

Thanks very much for your honest review, we really appreciate you taking the time. We're really glad that you're enjoying your work at Revolut, the pace and the team. Thanks also for the constructive feedback, we'll be sure to pass it on.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Challenging - in a positive sense

Jun 15, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Very ambitious company, amazing product * Hugely talented colleagues who work extremely hard * Pay is good, perks are also decent * Brilliant place for those who want to stretch themselves and be challenged every day. * Fast paced, demanding, every day different * Its a start-up, but don't expect slides, table tennis or meetings in ball pits * Instead, expect a real opportunity to make an impact from day one

Cons

* Can sometimes be stressful, (if only because high expectations are the norm) * Communication between different parts of the business is sometimes inconsistent * Not the right place if you want a predictable, everyday 9-5 job * Requires a lot of stamina, generous holiday allowance is key

4 people found this review helpful

Revolut Response

Thanks so much for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're really pleased that you're enjoying your time here, and that our ambition, smart people and opportunities are all making this a great place for you!

9. 1.0

Worst Company Culture Ever

Jul 4, 2020 - Product Owner in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work, fast paced. Never ending grand ambition of world domination.

Cons

Worst work culture ever, PERIOD. Everyone is being pushed nonStop by the CEO and his minions. Extremely arrogant product heads who think they know everything , but in reality they hardly have developed anything great. CEO and product head don't want to listen, just push and push all that time, thinking that's their job. Deadlines are from thin air, they are unbelievably ridiculous but you have to stick to them. Product Head always works with the assumption that people are slacking, and hence pushes unnecessarily. It can drive anyone mad. If you are a product guy interviewing with this company and getting sold by the growth and by HR, don't be fooled. Your product skills are not required here, what is required are puppets who can without challenging just implement what CEO says.

43 people found this review helpful

Revolut Response

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time. We recognise that we still have some work to do in making sure that our enthusiasm to build a financial superApp does not affect our culture or communications in a negative way, and we have several initiatives in place that are specifically designed to tackle that. We take your comments on board, and as you’re currently an employee we’d ask you to please escalate this feedback internally via the weekly pulse surveys. We hope that we can start to improve your impression soon.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

I love being a part of it!

Jun 19, 2020 - Technical Recruiter in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I joined more than a year ago and was promoted very quickly! Its fast paced environment but your can gain a lot by learning from others, be a part of designing new strategies on how to improve our interview process! I work with smart colleagues who also became my friends! Flexible working hours are very helpful, there is no micromanagement and our leaders are giving us a lot of trust into this what we are doing. WFH once a week.

Cons

- I work long hours, but it's my choice to be a high achiever and get promoted.

Revolut Response

Thanks so much for your positive review, and for the impact that you make at Revolut through your hard work and dedication! We're glad that our flexibility around working hours and WFH are helpful to you and that you're learning lots!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Reviews