Revolut Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Updated 13 Apr 2020

3.3
Revolut Founder and CEO Nikolay Storonsky
Nikolay Storonsky
Pros
  • "Fast-paced environment, literally you see the result of your efforts on a constant basis(in 12 reviews)

• "You get exposure to many different things so you learn a lot(in 8 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews

"Software Developer"

Current Employee - Front End Developer in London, England

I have been working at Revolut full-time for more than a year

Pros

+ C-level staff is reachable and extremely open + Employees are being valued by the things they helped company to achieve + No micromanagement + Highly performant and influencing colleagues + Fast-paced environment, literally you see the result of your efforts on a constant basis

Cons

- (minor) Some years ago there was much overtime, but otherwise we wouldn't be able to reach that we have for now, yet there are much things to do.

Revolut2019-03-03
  2. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Senior PM in London, England

I have been working at Revolut part-time

Pros

fun, kind, loving, fast paced, rewarding

Cons

busy, isolating, processes, business oriented,

Revolut2020-04-13

April 28, 2020Stronger Together

Hey, thanks for your honest review. We appreciate your taking the time to tell us about your experience! We've made no secret of the fact that one of our core values is Stronger Together, so we're sorry to hear that you feel isolated at Revolut. We try to offer plenty of opportunities for Revoluters to socialise and get to know each other better - this should be your work family. Let us know if you have ideas for initiatives that we can implement to improve those relationships.

3. "Amazing workplace"

Current Employee - Backend Engineer in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast paced environment where you can see your impact from very start. Amazing perks and nice startup culture, you will find snacks and drinks stocked all day in kitchen. You will feel inclusiveness in company with stock options.

Cons

Sometimes, you have to work for more than 8 hours but honestly it depends totally on you. I am still in my probation period and there were days when i worked even less that 8 , so it is totally up to you how do you manage your time and their expectations from you. I would say you have to be A player if you want to work normal hours and deliver at the same time.

Revolut2020-03-27

"Superb and Exciting Company to work at"

Current Employee - Internal Auditor in London, England

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Exciting work. - Collaborative. - Fast Paced.

Cons

- Lack of Clarity at times

Revolut2019-07-16

Revolut Response

October 10, 2019Stronger Together.

Thank you, we appreciate the feedback. We are constantly learning and growing as a company. Part of that is working with ambiguity and developing processes, structure and workflow. Clarity comes as a result but it’s not always apparent in the process. We hope things got better since you’ve shared your thoughts with us. If not, please raise this with your manager or in the anonymous engagement surveys.

"People too stressed to relax"

1.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company has a good reputation outside of itself as a fast-paced growing organisation.

Cons

People are much too busy and arrogant to even think about employee well-being.

Revolut2019-03-21

January 23, 2020Stronger Together

Thank you for your honest review. We appreciate your taking the time to share your feedback with us. We’ve been working hard to improve our company culture and working environment. We offer competitive benefits, including 29 days of holiday and never having to work on your birthday. We encourage you to chat to your line manager and HR to see how your experience can be changed for your and future colleagues.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Head of Operations in London, England

I have been working at Revolut full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

+ Full of both analytical challenges + Fast paced environment + Eat what you kill culture + Great environment for self-development + Gain unique perspective on the latest development of banking innovation + Opportunities for those who are hungry and super hardworking + From ideation, ownership to execution, you make actual real-world impact + Smart risk taking + Great company culture - a group of smart, competitive, hardworking people who wants to make an impact on the world. (Most start ups claim to have good company culture, and they will claim all of the above, but working in one of the largest start up co-working spaces in Europe I can tell you Revolut employees definitely work at least 1.5X harder than most other start up employees. Consequently, we are one of the fastest growing start ups in Europe.)

Cons

Not everyone will be able to keep up the fast-paced/high pressure environment.

Revolut2018-01-23

"Efficient Company, High Tech Environment, Modern Facilities"

Current Employee - Junior FinCrime Analyst in Vilnius

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

Competitive Salary; Fast-paced growing organization with a good reputation

Cons

The head office is based in London and Krakow, which is why sometimes it is difficult to get quick help on daily tasks as a new hire

Revolut2019-08-01

January 23, 2020Stronger Together

Hey, thanks for your review! As we’re building a great foundation for our global scale up, we’re building in stronger comms company-wide. We’re also building out our internal ‘wiki’ on Confluence where we provide lots of support in all areas for our employees. If you have suggestions on articles that you and your colleagues would benefit from to make your onboarding process easier, we’d love to get your feedback. We want to make sure that you’re set up for success from day one. Get in touch with your local HR or your manager to give some more detailed feedback!

"Vast perspectives outdo the teething problems"

Current Employee - Analyst in Kraków

I have been working at Revolut full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is a powerhouse job wherein one may instantly see the results of their effort. The rapid growth - albeit the same factor that has led to the somewhat tense internal atmosphere - is an abundant source of genuine optimism that propels the crew each next day and makes it feel fresh. They don't care about formalism, they hardly care how you look/how you dress, they let you to your own views, all these are very big pros to my mind. If an employee proves diligent and reliable, the scope of trust and responsibility given is satisfying, rewarding, and motivating. To be fair - although I see a few tiny but bugging elements that beg for instant improvements, I can simultaneously and easily see myself as part of this company for years and years to come, if only they recipricate this. I'd rather team up to engage in the development, tackling the shortcomings until I happily see them solved than turn on them as a bilious saboteur, which seems too cheap a choice in the unique times that call for resilient characters. The shortcomings, if there're any, often don't result from any malevolence; conversely, they stem from the nearly exponential growth - they're but a natural byproduct of our fast-paced evolution.

Cons

The London part of the crew (to be precise: only some of its reps) struggle to eradicate their overtly condescending thinking towards the other offices' people, without whom - which they seem to be constantly forgetting to realise - they would fall spectacularly come the first tough day. The remuneration system is haphazard. As the time wears on, some of people whose work's quality was questionable are given pleasant, well-paid tenures for no apparent reason other than that they've just stayed for long enough. On the other hand, it is nothing frown upon at Revolut to be promoted to a new role (having won a tough recruitment) only to see that one's been given an effectively smaller net salary, since the entry roles entail extra pay chances which are closed afterwards as one advances. Needless to say how it may play with one's motivation. The feedback path is deficient when it comes to people perched a step higher up the ladder. It is factually impossible to have an influence against somebody over you in the hierarchy, should you see that person not living up to their duties. There's a feeling of disregard to the level of stress a typical consumer-facing employee is exposed to each day. What is more, instead of soothing the impact, there comes a second, tough stress blow from the line managers focused on the KPIs. One may imagine that although stress is natural and can be beneficial, it can't be cranked up endlessly as straining it doesn't go on par with better results or higher discipline. Lastly, an unpleasant surprise that one would rather avoid witnessing is the one whereby the in-house recruitment process sees some staffers outpowering the tough competition and being promoted to the new roles, for them only to be told on the eve of being introduced to the new position that their new contracts had been scrapped due to changing objectives. Regardless of the legitimacy of such turbulent decisions (which may be well justified and which I don't dispute) being tossed to and fro in such an aloof fashion is incredibly burdensome to the psyche. Such shockers undermine everybody's confidence and render many a crewmember dubious about the stability of their own jobs.

Revolut2019-03-03

"Start-up environment"

Current Employee - AML Compliance Analyst in Kraków

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast-paced. Opportunity to learn new things. Fast career growth. Free dinners. Our opinion matters and the management team always take it into consideration.

Cons

Working hours are quite bad and it is impossible to have a normal 9-5 shift. Weekends and night shifts are expected.

Revolut2018-04-04

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 9 reviews