Find jobs for project manager

Revolut Project Manager Reviews

Updated 1 Aug 2020

2.8
Revolut Founder and CEO Nikolay Storonsky
Nikolay Storonsky
0 Rating

"A very flexible process"

5.0
    Current Employee - Product Manager in London, England

I have been working at Revolut full-time for less than a year

Pros

Many interesting conversations with smart, passionate people easy to organise and to work around my schedule take home tasks are interesting to do and don't take too much time

Cons

can be surprising to be recruited without being assigned to a product until the last minute

Revolut Response

October 10, 2019Stronger Together.

Hi there, happy to hear that you’re feeling positively challenged. We pride ourselves in recruiting highly skilled and passionate people, and we’re glad when that reflects in day to day interactions. We know that in most recruiting processes assigning candidates to specific teams happens earlier. We realised, though, that in order to close up on a 100% match, we’d rather use the recruitment process to test out a few scenarios (based on skill set, experience and interests) and choose the right team for you — better alignment, enhanced happiness, positive employee retention is the goal. Our business is evolving fast so it’s often difficult to align resources with precision. We will, however, forward your feedback to the recruiters and hiring managers so that we can improve in this area.

"Don’t be a moth to this very bright flame - because it’s a house on fire"

1.0
    Current Employee - Project Manager in London, England

I have been working at Revolut full-time for more than a year

Pros

As with all start ups, you’ll get the chance to have an impact and a lot of ownership in your work. If you’re interested in fintech Revolut is one of the top ones to have on your resume. Interesting projects and products you’ll be able to work on. If you have received feedback that you are difficult to work with, you are rude or aggressive with your team, these are actually valued at Revolut. So you can join and be your true self! Easy to climb the ladder, if Niklikes you, you can get any role you want even if you don’t have experience or maturity to execute it. Some success stories include VP of Revenue, Head of Retail Product, Director of Customer Comms and Head of People.

Cons

There are multiple reviews talking about being terminated for ‘performance’. This is true even though Revolut has been copying and pasting their response of “where people have left after a performance review, this follows formal review of discussion of their performance.” The fact that Revolut is pasting this reply when there are so many different instances of this exact feedback on Glassdoor should be a red flag for anyone considering Revolut as an employer (especially if you will need a visa). See latest WIRED UK article about employees being unfairly terminated. I’ve seen this happen to 8 people within my team in the last 3 months and that’s just who I work with daily. You will get a calendar invite for a meeting with your manager, you are told you’re being let go. You will see your team mates Slack deactivated and it will not be addressed by your manager or HOD. It’s become totally normal. For the founder Nik, he doesn’t trust anyone and severely disrupts teams workflows. Insisting on weekly presentations with every product owner presenting their roadmap and work. It is normal to be called incompetent, stupid, useless in meetings in front of your whole team. There are several resignations and mental anxiety from these meetings alone. I have personally heard in two meetings where he will tell people to consider firing their entire teams. You will be expected to work hard, work weekends, while never be sure of your job security (regardless of seniority) and endure verbal lashings. Expectation from Revolut? Do all this and the work of your terminated team mates - won’t hurt if you sacrifice your salary too!

Continue reading

July 7, 2020

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. As a current employee, we would urge you to escalate your concerns internally. Aggressive or belittling behaviour are unacceptable and should be reported to HR. We are a fast moving business and accept that our communication may sometimes be imperfect and we hope that continued training and clear guidelines will improve this. We dispute claims of unfair dismissal and use consistent messaging to explain our processes which include time for check-ins and feedback. If people have been let go, this follows formal reviews and a clear explanation of where an employee has not achieved the expected performance. This is of course a sensitive subject, and we try to manage this process with compassion and empathy. We’re sorry if anyone who feels this wasn’t their experience. It’s great to see that you’re enjoying the impact of working at Revolut and the projects themselves, and we really hope that we can improve your Revolut experience.

3. "Good place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior PM in London, England

I have been working at Revolut part-time

Pros

fun, kind, loving, fast paced, rewarding

Cons

busy, isolating, processes, business oriented,

April 28, 2020Stronger Together

Hey, thanks for your honest review. We appreciate your taking the time to tell us about your experience! We've made no secret of the fact that one of our core values is Stronger Together, so we're sorry to hear that you feel isolated at Revolut. We try to offer plenty of opportunities for Revoluters to socialise and get to know each other better - this should be your work family. Let us know if you have ideas for initiatives that we can implement to improve those relationships.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews