Reward Gateway Reviews

Found 73 of over 184 reviews

4.7
Reward Gateway CEO Doug Butler
Doug Butler
Pros
  • "RG go above and beyond to ensure all staff are communicated with re the strategy and why they've taken certain decisions(in 40 reviews)

• "Reward Gateway is s truly unique place where you have freedom to speak up about everything(in 27 reviews)

• Cons
  • "there seems to be no quiet period at RG(in 32 reviews)

• "Because it is so fast paced, the workload is high and can seem daunting at times(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A really truly great place to work

May 18, 2021 - Client Success Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ethics Support Care Benefits People Culture Happiness!

Cons

Long hours You get out what you put in

Reward Gateway Response

Hi, it's Doug here. First of all, thank you for your review. You seem to be a person of few words (and fewer verbs) and I appreciate that, but the adjectives and nouns you use are certainly ones that the business and I like to be associated with. As for long hours, I think our people sometimes take our Own It and delight the Customer values too much to heart but we do encourage usage of our annual leave benefit to the fullest because we genuinely care about your personal life and wellbeing. Thanks again for the review.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Still going strong

May 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

RG has a lot of integrity to do the right thing by its people and customers, in particular throughout the pandemic. Theres a lot of pride within the workforce and everyone works extremely hard because we want our customers to be successful and we want our business to be successful.

Cons

Not much in way of cons. We want to build amazing products for our clients but sometimes bite off more than can chew. We dont celebrate our successes as much as we should. Maybe when we're able to all get together better, we will.

Reward Gateway Response

Hi, it's Doug here. First of all, thank you for your review. As you know we welcome feedback of all kinds so I appreciate you taking the time to submit this. Integrity is a great word and one that we aspire to as a mission and culture-driven organization. The pandemic created challenges for many businesses, but I feel as though RG was perfectly suited to support our clients and our people through this unprecedented event. It's clear that many of us have suffered from the absence and separation and I am truly looking forward to being back together again soon and, yes, celebrating each other and our collective success. With regard to your observations around product innovation and extensions of our solutions, I agree that we are often ambitious owing to our culture and entrepreneurial roots, but as we mature we must and will add steps to our analysis of future opportunities. Thank you again for your thoughts. I hope RG continues to delight you and provide a place for you to develop your career. Cheers!

3. The latest conversations about Tech

Former Employee, more than 3 years

Loved it

Feb 2, 2021 - Sales Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing experience, lovely people, genuinely care about their employees

Cons

Fast-paced, things change often - ability to adapt is key

Reward Gateway Response

Hi, it's Doug here. First of all, I have to apologize for the tardiness of my reply. We aim to respond to all reviews within a few days, but sometimes things fall through the cracks. I don't know the circumstances behind your leaving RG, but I am appreciative of the positive sentiments and pleased that your experience was a positive one. We DO care about our people both while they are with us at RG and after they move on to other opportunities and we hope that everyone that leaves RG takes with them some lessons that will help advance our Mission in other places. I agree that RG is fast-paced, and in a competitive business environment we do add to (and sometimes alter) our strategy so adapting is indeed often required at RG. RG and I wish you all the best in your career and life. Thanks again for your review. Cheers!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company that makes you feel valued and appeciated

Jan 20, 2021 - Implementation Specialist in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- So many opportunities to learn - Lovely people - Diverse work - Lots of flexibility to fit around your personal life - Reasonable pay - Lots of incentives and benefits - A real focus on keeping us as employees happy

Cons

- Management is quite laissez-faire meaning it can be daunting for someone with little to no experience starting here. On the plus side though, it forces you to learn a lot quicker. - When it's busy - it's really busy, which makes it quite hard to find a work-life balance. However, these busy periods are not constant and you are always encouraged to take the time back when you can.

Reward Gateway Response

Hi it's Doug here, Thank you for your review. I am pleased that your experience with RG has been going well for you. Given that you work in Implementations where our NPS ratings are off the charts positive and world class I can only assume you are contributing to our Mission. I don't speak French but if I understand your "laissez-faire" comment I would say that we trust our people and allow them a lot of latitude to do their job. I'll also acknowledge and agree that it can be busy at RG, especially in your group which introduces hundreds of new businesses and hundreds of thousands of new employees to our employee engagement platform each year. We do, however, encourage our people to take time off and to focus on their personal lives and wellbeing. I hope that you are taking advantage of our annual leave and wellbeing allowances. Thank you again for your generous review. Cheers!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Feeling very fortunate to work for an organisation that has looked after it's people so well during the pandemic.

Jan 6, 2021 - Sales Consultant in Birmingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Senior Leadership actually care, they put people over profits. Fast paced. Energetic. Fantastic benefits. RG go above and beyond to ensure all staff are communicated with re the strategy and why they've taken certain decisions. As an employee I'm given every opportunity to voice my opinion or share feedback. RG care for my wellbeing!!

Cons

Because it is so fast paced, the workload is high and can seem daunting at times.

Reward Gateway Response

Hi, it's Doug here. Thank you for your review. You have some very kind words and I am heartened to hear that your experience as an employee aligns with our objectives and Mission. Genuine care for our people and open and honest (two-way) communication are cornerstones of our culture and it's clear that these have resonated with you. I take your point on the pace with which RG operates, and while we will continue to be conscious of our people's wellbeing, I don't think we are going to slow down as the team's passion for our Mission and the business is difficult to contain. I hope that your RG experience continues to be a positive one and thank you again for your review.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

What an amazing start!

Dec 3, 2020 - Solutions Engineer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Never have I ever been so welcomed into such a fabulous business. Starting a new role during a pandemic can seem daunting but Reward Gateway have done an amazing job making me feel part of the team in such a few short weeks. The work has been very interesting and I am very excited for the future of the business.

Cons

Hand in my heart - nothing so far!

Reward Gateway Response

Hi it's Doug here. Clearly you've been given the RG hug early and that's great, and the fact that you have already taken the time to post a Glassdoor review is another great sign that you are feeling our culture. While we are putting our hands to our hearts I will honestly say that we welcome more (productive) critical feedback here or elsewhere as well so don't be afraid to live our Speak Up Value. I am beyond thrilled to hear that things are going well for you so far and that even in a pandemic RG can be a shining light for our people. Cheers and thank you again for the review.

8. 5.0

3 year anniversary!

Oct 16, 2020 - Corporate Client Success Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm celebrating my 3 year anniversary today and I can honestly say that there hasn't been a single day where I wished I worked somewhere else. I feel like it's usually very easy to personify your business into an entity that doesn't respect you / give you opportunities / treat you well every now and again, but that's not something I've ever had at RG. Sometimes you have to go looking for it, but the resources are always provided for you to become the best version of yourself.

Cons

I feel like it's easy to fill a box with something you don't really mean when it comes to filling out a feedback form like this, but I can honestly think of no reason not to work here.

Reward Gateway Response

Hi, it's Doug here, and WOW. I don't know how long work honeymoons are meant to last, but clearly, ours with you is at 3-years and counting. It is always very rewarding to hear that someone finds the business and culture that we have created and cultivate to have such a positive impact on their professional (and personal) life. The team and I will continue to advance new ways to keep you engaged and to develop your career and I hope that you will continue to provide valuable feedback (both positive and negative). Thank you and congratulations on your 3rd RGversary.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Inspiring and exciting place to work

Dec 4, 2019 - Client Success Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working with absolutely amazing people who have fountains of knowledge in the employee engagement industry, you can often take this for granted so to be around individuals that inspire you is uplifting. Management push you to really understand and fulfil your potential The benefits are absolutely amazing with flexible working, subsidised food, dogs in the office, brilliant holiday allowance. The technology works incredibly well & on occasions where there may be a technological issue the team work incredibly hard on turning this around as quick as possible. Being able to bring your whole self to work is extremely important for me and there was not a day I couldn’t be myself, dress the way I wanted to or say what I wanted to.

Cons

You can assume that every other business will be the same as RG and I quickly realised it wasn’t so if this is your first job or not, when you decide to move on you realise how much you’ve been spoilt. Career progression/development wasn’t a huge focus but I believe this is being improved upon. Core role training with industry experts is needed as a lot of the job can require on the job training which can be difficult. Pay which tends to be the reason many people leave however a salary increase has taken place recently.

Reward Gateway Response

Hi, it's Doug here. I have to say this may be one of my favorite reviews so thank you for sharing. Your emphasis on the people and the products of RG is refreshing. We, of course, have nice people and our culture can be fun and enthusiastic, but sometimes I think that part of our image can mask how talented and passionate our people are. These people have developed and continually improve an incredible set of products that support thousands of HR professionals and millions of employees every day. I have also been working longer, and have had more jobs than most anyone at RG so I can, with authority and some degree of objectivity, confirm that there are not many places out there that can compare to RG as a place to spend a portion of your career. I don't know if I would say we are spoilt, but we are fortunate to be aligned around a Mission with a solid set of values and I hope that those, like you, who leave us take those lessons with them wherever they go and continue to advance our Mission to Make the World a Better Place to Work. Thank you again for your thoughtful and kind review.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Absolutely Amazing.

Nov 22, 2019 - Researcher in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Fulfilling work - Incredible team working towards a common goal - Worthwhile mission reinforced by strong values.

Cons

- Can't think of any.

Reward Gateway Response

Hi, it’s Doug here. Thank you so much for your review. It sounds like your RG journey is off to a great start and I am thrilled that you are finding the work and our Mission fulfilling. As a relative newbie, I hope and expect that you will add to the business and our culture and look forward to continued feedback either here or in other channels. Cheers!

11. 5.0

People centric organisation

Sep 17, 2019 - Senior Enterprise SDR in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working is a big thing for me and I love how RG supports this. Another big pro, if not the biggest pro for me is the fact RG is invested in you as an individual. Really like how connected teams can feel and certainly something we've worked on of late, and you're given all the tools to succeed. Bring your dog to work days, absolute winner, love bringing my pooch in! Weekly update from the CEO on business news, people changes and light hearted fun. Also the ability to be able to ask the leadership team and question by using our speak up button, which is also one of our values.

Cons

My con is actually also a pro. Because RG is such a great place to work, if you were to come straight out of Uni into an organisation like RG and then leave, you would find it soooo hard to find another organisation like RG with your expectation being so high.

Reward Gateway Response

Hi, it's Doug here. What an encouraging review. Thank you for sharing. As you might have seen I was just writing in my blog this week about how much I support and encourage flexible working and the concept of never missing an important life event. I am happy that our objectives are being realized by our people. We will, as you suggest, keep doing what we're doing as I hope you will continue to Speak Up about the positives as well as where we can improve. Thank you again.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 73 Reviews