Reynolds American Territory Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Reynolds American CEO  Ricardo Oberlander
Ricardo Oberlander
  1. "Not Recommended"

I worked at Reynolds American full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Not difficult, good benefits,

Cons

Management has no interest in feedback from people in the field. Your job happiness is almost entirely dependent on your manager. The annual review process is terrible. Tons of opportunity for favoritism and there is very little objective reviewing in relation to your actual job duties. They will move the bar based on what other people did so that even if you go above and beyond, management can say everyone did... that so you just met the minimal expectations. Employees are underpaid at the job compared to the competition

Advice to Management

Make the annual review process based on actual numbers, don't have management present their employees in a panel style. It is not transparent at all. Keep district managers on the same page, the job is currently entirely different between regions and DMs. There are vastly different expectations out of different regions

Reynolds American2019-12-09

"Territory Manager"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Spanish Fork, UT

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Benefits, Great Team Awesome Leadership

Cons

The "succession" or opportunities for advancement is somewhat frustrating.

Advice to Management

If employees who are applying for internal jobs to reach their career goals is not going to be considered then posting jobs in the internal job postings shouldn't be continued.

Reynolds American2019-11-30
  3. "Great company, great people, awesome benefits"

I worked at Reynolds American full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Always learning, and fast transforming business

Cons

None, sometimes things get frustrating but that’s with any job .

Reynolds American2019-11-24
  4. "Be ready to work"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Pay People Company car Flexibility People

Cons

Everyone is super busy. Downtime is minimal if you want to succeed.

Reynolds American2019-11-22

"Stable company with solid pay."

Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company has fantastic benefits and the expectations are low for their employees.

Cons

The company does not promote based on merit at all.

Reynolds American2019-11-01
  6. "Great"

I worked at Reynolds American full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very flexible autonomy of daily schedule.

Cons

Store managers and owners can be difficult to work with.

Reynolds American2019-09-28

"TM's do alot"

I worked at Reynolds American full-time

Pros

TM's and the teams

Cons

Upper management can be a little worried about job stability therefore creating extra work for the TMs who have enough going on

Reynolds American2019-09-18

"Just my outlook"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits such as vacation allocation and tuition reimbursement

Cons

Everything else! Work load is unreasonable. Marketing strategies are questionable. They claim to be innovating but are always 2 to 3 years begins from the competition.

Advice to Management

YOU need more diversity within upper management. You have a sprinkle of women and race diversity just to meet the status quo.

Reynolds American2019-08-20

"Nurtured by Reynolds - Blossoming with JUUL"

I worked at Reynolds American full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Just like other reviews on here. Great hard working people. Company car (you have to pay for) and matching 401k 6%

Cons

• Car This has been mentioned several times here. Company charges $175 per month. My company over pays me to pick my own company car and stash the rest in case of something. But I don’t have to pay $175 of my net salary to the company. • Competitive salary. This is the most common compliant out of all the reviews. The salary is very substandard in today’s market. Salary in the 50k range in high cost of living... areas are not sustainable. Companies inside and outside the area are paying wages way beyond this company. This is also demoralizing the TMs witnessing this. • Tenured Turnover Companies as large as this already anticipate turnover and its to be assumed that they have a certain number of an acceptable percentage of turnover. But from my region you just see a plethora of TM3’s with a wide array of experience and best practices to share leave for JUUL. This is just the beginning as it will continue to be a chain reaction. When 1 TM leaves there are 5 other TMs waiting a few months more to hear the feedback of how much better it is. Then those 5 will leave and tell 5 more and so on. This has been happening for about 2 years at least. And the candidates coming in are people that have been fired, laid off, or desperately looking for any type of work because their savings ran out. Do you want to hire these people? Sure you can replace the team lead TM with someone else. But the combination of poor candidates coming in and exceptional, experienced TM leaders going out is not by any means a wash. Average starting salary in my area for a field sales position is 70k. At 50k no one is going to leave their positions for less pay unless it’s for the reasons listed above.

Advice to Management

Make salary competitive enough for people to stay or else the exchange of TM3’s go out and desperate candidates that have been unemployed for 6-9 months will join which I have see a lot these last 18 months. Starting someone at 50k when the market pays 20-30k more is ridiculous. Also, giving your most experienced TMs nothing on the last pay adjustment really opened the door for JUUL. Give tenured TMs (the ones you... still have hanging by a thread) way more salary so they are not going to get recruited by JUUL like I was. I suggest 90k immediately for your highest performing TMs to stay. This will be competitive and your most talented will stay. The alternative is watch them trickle out one by one and take 2-3 TMs with them. Because of all the turnover, I know at least half the region I’m in have applied to JUUL because of the word of mouth others previously left. RJRT TMs are responsible for 120+ SKUs and JUUL only has a handful SKUs , for more salary and better compensation package. It has already been at least 2 years of seeing JUUL snatch TMs. I just read that another review on here that a high performing TM was making very low comp after 10 years. Can you blame them for walking out with all that experience if you won’t pay a decent wage for experience? It’s not just turnover either. Someone high performing to the region leaving is definitely a huge hit on morale for all the other TMs. Their “go to” person is gone and most managers don’t know the day to day answers. Like I’ve read in other reviews, I have to agree that I would still be in the company today if RJRT paid a tenured TM the proper pay to retain and protect that experience.

Reynolds American2019-09-18

"RJ Reynolds"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Reynolds American full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people and work/life balance

Cons

Direction changes very often. Often reactive.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote employees internally

Reynolds American2019-08-03