Ringle Reviews

Updated Jun 20, 2022

Found 68 of over 110 reviews

4.2
Pros
  • "As others have said, flexible hours (with no minimum work load which is great for me as I often vary depending on my capacity that week)(in 10 reviews)

• "Community of tutors is really sweet and engaging(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Instructions for tutors sometimes vague(in 18 reviews)

• "They also expect you to work unpaid to "properly" prepare for the lesson- or you will face penalties(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,892

960 Comments

Teachers

168.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Ringle~1157684
    Join the conversation on
    1. 3.0

Not good

Jun 20, 2022 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

smart ppl nice colleauges. great seoul office

Cons

never ending work/ no work life balance

Ringle Response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinions. As a young company, we really do appreciate this feedback and are working to make changes in response to it, especially with regards to work-life balance. We’re always eager to improve further so if you have any further feedback or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact Moorea, our Tutor Relations Manager, at moorea.mehta@ringleplus.com, or a member of our HR department.

2. 5.0

Great!

Jun 16, 2022 - English Tutor in Seoul
      Business Outlook

Pros

Super organized, welcoming, supportive, clear

Cons

None that I have experienced!

Ringle Response

Thank you for your positivity! We're a young company with a small but hard-working team, and it's lovely to see that hard work being recognised. We’re always eager to improve further, so if you have any further feedback or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact Moorea, our Tutor Relations Manager (herself a tutor with Ringle for 4 years) at moorea.mehta@ringleplus.com.

3. 5.0

Great company

Jun 8, 2022 - English Tutor
      Business Outlook

Pros

They are highly forgiving to tutors and treat them well.

Cons

The strike system could be improved

Ringle Response

Thank you for your positivity! We're a young company with a small but hard-working team, and it's lovely to see that hard work being recognised. We’re always eager to improve our Star-Strike system further, so if you have any further feedback or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact Moorea, our Tutor Relations Manager (herself a tutor with Ringle for 4 years) at moorea.mehta@ringleplus.com.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

good

Jun 7, 2022 - Online Tutor in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible hours and good pay

Cons

students are sometimes rude in reviews

Ringle Response

Thank you for your positivity! We're a young company with a small but hard-working team, and it's lovely to see that hard work being recognised. We’ll definitely take on board that feedback about our students' reviews and work to communicate our review guidelines to them more effectively! If you have any further feedback or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact Moorea, our Tutor Relations Manager (herself a tutor with Ringle for 4 years) at moorea.mehta@ringleplus.com.

5. 4.0

Flexible Work for College Student

May 31, 2022 - English Tutor
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is good flexibility in choosing the times you want to work and any time slots that you open during peak hours are almost guaranteed to get filled. The pay is also decent for some extra money on the side while in college.

Cons

There is very actual English preparation before becoming a tutor. You may have to review grammar rules beforehand if you are not familiar. In addition, the system can penalize you for small mistakes (being late to a class by 1-3 minutes). If a student forgets to leave a rating, you are granted 4.5 stars, which can drag your average rating down if it was previous above that.

Ringle Response

Thank you for your positivity! We're definitely working to provide our tutors with more education & support. For now, we'd recommend checking out the "English for Tutors" section of our Resources page if you're eager to brush up on grammar. If you have any further feedback or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact Moorea, our new Tutor Relations Manager (herself a tutor with Ringle for 4 years) at moorea.mehta@ringleplus.com.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Work here as a student!

Apr 4, 2022 - Tutor in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, flexible schedule, and attractive bonuses

Cons

Harsh penalties for missing classes or rescheduling

Ringle Response

Thank you for your positivity! If you'd like to share any further feedback about our Star-Strike system, please do not hesitate to contact Moorea, our new Tutor Relations Manager (herself a tutor with Ringle for 4 years) at moorea.mehta@ringleplus.com.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Manageable Job Post-Grad

Apr 2, 2022 - English Tutor in Detroit, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

- easy application process - ability to make your own hours - competitive pay rates - rewarding job

Cons

- time differences - mundane lesson plans and discussion topics - tedious tasks

Ringle Response

Thank you for your positivity! If you have any further feedback or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact Moorea, our new Tutor Relations Manager (herself a tutor with Ringle for 4 years) at moorea.mehta@ringleplus.com.

8. 3.0

Too strict

Apr 1, 2022 - Tutor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours, really good pay for college students

Cons

Rating system is ridiculously strict and when students choose not to rate you you get penalized for it

Continue reading

Ringle Response

Thank you for your feedback! Currently, when students don't rate tutors, we award those tutors an "automatic" rating of 4.5, which is the threshold for obtaining the "Average Rating" Star; this ensures that we don't skew your Average Rating either above or below that threshold. Hopefully that helps to explain why we've adopted this system! If you have any further feedback or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact Moorea, our new Tutor Relations Manager (herself a tutor with Ringle for 4 years) at moorea.mehta@ringleplus.com.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great remote side gig for anyone who's an English native speaker.

Mar 6, 2022 - English-second Language Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

-100% remote -Easy to make your own flexible schedule -Great pay for nontechnical role

Cons

-Occasional overly-critical students and bad reviews

Ringle Response

Thank you for your positivity! If you have any further feedback or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact Moorea, our Tutor Relations Manager (herself a tutor with Ringle for 4 years) at moorea.mehta@ringleplus.com.

10. 5.0

Easy to Schedule, Good pay

Mar 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very easy to schedule, good pay

Cons

Can be very reptitive and draining

Viewing 1 - 10 of 68 Reviews

Ringle Reviews FAQs

Ringle has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 110 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at Ringle to a friend and 53% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Ringle employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Ringle. This rating has improved by 13% over the last 12 months.

87% of Ringle employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Ringle 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Ringle Job Seekers