Ripple Employee Reviews about "leadership team"

Updated 30 Sep 2019

4.5
Ripple Chief Executive Officer Brad Garlinghouse
Brad Garlinghouse
Pros
  • "We are led by a fantastic leadership team with(in 7 reviews)

• "Smart people working fast to accomplish A LOT and it's really happening(in 5 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "leadership team"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Fast-paced exciting industry, smart and awesome colleagues"

I have been working at Ripple full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Exciting product and exposure to both blockchain and payments industry - Working with smart, engaged, collaborative colleagues - Experienced leadership team who are focused and transparent on the organisation's progress

Cons

Can't really think of any at the moment. Best company I've worked for so far.

Continue reading

"Great Company, AMAZING team and culture"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator

I have been working at Ripple full-time for less than a year

Pros

A great leadership team that is authentic and transparent // Motivating colleagues who truly want to help you grow // Modern workspace with great perks; snack, weekly catered lunches, massages

Cons

Although we have pre-tax commuter benefits, it would be nice to have the company contribute any dollar amount to help with the rising Bart cost.

"Caring company with bright future!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Information Security Architect in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ripple full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Ripple has one of the most exciting products in Fintech, they’re trying to solve real world problems with real potential of disruption in payments! The vision and strategy of the company is super solid, execution is getting better every day! Leadership team cares for employees as much they care for business and customers. Ripple spends lots of time honing core values and making sure everyone aligned with it! This is a typical growth phase of startup so things change constantly as company tries to find better way of doing things. Lots of flexibility and decision power if you come with subject matter expertise. Mangers are super supportive of new ideas. Nobody watches when you come or leave , they just focus on getting things done! Kitchen is always stocked with great snacks, drinks and way more options for coffee than I’ve seen elsewhere. Lunches and breakfasts served few times a month. Coming from a corporate background this is a breath of fresh air!

Cons

Not much that I can say

Continue reading

"A Great Culture Focused on Employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ripple full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at Ripple is fast-paced, exciting, and engaging. Ripple is a startup with an audacious goal to enable the Internet of Value, and there is no shortage of work to do. We are led by a fantastic leadership team with. The culture is probably the most important part about the company - all Ripplers believe in the same 5 core values embodied in LEGGO: "Live it, Enjoy it, Get it done, Go for it, Own it". When I joined Ripple, the people team introduced me to the right people at the company and sent me a surprise gift of champagne and some swag in my first week, definitely making me feel special and appreciated. Part of the fun of being a blockchain company is the rapidly evolving market landscape, and being held responsible for your own success (or failure) as a company. The risk/reward profile is highly favorable, as Ripple is leading the way (hint: look up "network effects"). And yes, you can elect to get paid in XRP. There are also snacks in our office micro-kitchens and opportunities to travel around the world to our offices in New York, London, Sydney, India, Singapore and Luxembourg. There are people who are leaders in their field doing the work of their lives sitting right next to you, and it is incredibly rewarding work! Furthermore, Ripple is a company that is constantly in the media, and we are always proud to see positive news (fortunately, there is quite a lot). Internally, the leadership team is incredibly transparent and holds a weekly Q&A for any employees to ask questions. I would highly recommend working here, as all my experiences have been great.

Cons

I see nearly all aspects of working at Ripple as a pro. With so many opportunities to learn and develop your career, it's hard to see any downside to working here.

Ripple Response

October 29, 2018VP People

Wow, thank you! We’re committed to providing an incredible employee experience and appreciate your enthusiasm, observations, and commitment.

"Enjoy it! (Ripple Value)"

5.0

I have been working at Ripple full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Product and vision that is extremely motivating - Chance to tackle problem with global implications - Advanced org structures for our size (I feel supported by my Manager) - Senior Leadership Team - Weekly All Hands with CEO - Comfortable office with fully-stocked kitchens, nice desk setups, weekly lunches

Cons

- Building phase, so some processes being built as we grow

Ripple Response

April 2, 2018VP People

Thank you for this great review, we are so glad you are part of the team and we appreciate all your contributions. We agree that it’s a super exciting time to be part of Ripple and it’s great to read your experiences have been so positive. Over the last few quarters we have been focused on scaling teams for the future and ensuring everyone feels aligned to our vision, and we can’t do this without our amazing employees. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience here!

"Incredible opportunity to change global banking"

I have been working at Ripple full-time

Pros

Working at Ripple is so empowering because this is the only company that has a real shot at changing how transaction banking works globally. The maturity of the product, roster of clients, government, NGO and regulatory engagement is unparalleled to any other company in this space. The work is extremely impactful - no doubt about it. The people that I work with are some of the smartest, driven and caring people in the world. I am constantly amazed by the resilience of this company in the face of obstacles (and there have been many - what we are doing is not easy). But the leadership team is also very introspective - everyone is open about things that go well as well as things that don't go well. It is an energizing place to work.

Cons

Standard growing pains - driving focus, building out processes, saying "no" to things. This is nothing new a startup this size doesn't deal with.

"Very special company in a very special industry. Incredible momentum and great people"

I have been working at Ripple full-time

Pros

Like another reviewer, I've been at some other top Silicon Valley companies and totally wowed by the talent and passion and Ripple. People are some of the smartest and most respected on the planet, particularly on the Eng side. I'm working on some of the most interesting challenges of my career in one of the hottest areas in tech right now and many of my peers say the same. The market opportunity is huge and Ripple seems to be ahead of any competitor so it's also great to be at a place that is winning. The culture is one of the most collaborative I've been at and very inclusive. As a female early in my career, I find it inspiring to see so many women in leadership positions. While some things still need to be figured out, I feel like the various leaders spend a lot of time updating everyone at the company meetings so I know what's going on. Unlike a lot of early stage startups, the senior leadership team is incredibly experienced. That experience and level of professionalism has reduced the pain points, lack of direction and general frustrations that I've experienced at other startups with young leaders who are learning how to lead or manage for the very first time. I've also enjoyed the various company and team outings and I've made a lot of good friends here! As other people have said, Ripple is a great place to be if you want to be the best at your game and work with world-class talent. Managers are very understanding about time off and personal commitments, but people are also super motivated about Ripple's mission and want to continue the amazing momentum so expectations are high to deliver great work product. Generally people who aren't motivated to win and can't adapt to the pace and expectations around high quality work product don't last too long.

Cons

Definitely some growing pains like any startup. Some teams are more execution oriented than others and the rest of the company can feel it when someone isn't pulling their weight. Some teams need people with more experience in their specific role. Feels like the company is growing so quickly that it is outgrowing the skill set of some of the earlier or more junior hires. It's super fast paced and the expectations are high. It''s motivating for me and I'm still able to maintain a decent work-life balance but it may not be a fit for everyone.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 7 English Reviews