Rise Technical Recruitment Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Rise Technical Recruitment Reviews

Updated Aug 11, 2019

Found 63 reviews

4.2
Rise Technical Recruitment CEO Ben McCarthy (no image)
Ben McCarthy
Pros
Cons
  • "No cons that I've encountered yet(in 8 reviews)

• "Not suitable for people that are afraid of hard work(in 3 reviews)

1. "Great place to work - Sad to leave"

I worked at Rise Technical Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really good place to work Great culture - Always work drinks and activities Good progression for motivated and like minded people

Cons

Very few cons - I only left because I wanted to move into a different career in events

Advice to Management

Keep the teams motivated - The incentive trips are the best!

Rise Technical Recruitment2019-07-25
  2. "Good place to earn good money"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Bristol, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Rise Technical Recruitment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Can earn good money quick by working hard

Cons

Elitist , a lot of negative re-enforcement

Advice to Management

More positive reinforcement

Rise Technical Recruitment2019-08-09
  3. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Bristol, England

I have been working at Rise Technical Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, Great environment, Great commission

Cons

IT Issues, Facilities, Toilets, Activators

Rise Technical Recruitment2019-05-22

"Great progression opportunities, bad management"

I worked at Rise Technical Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Very clear progression structure (hit your budget, get promoted) - Good support from your team, everyone wants each other to succeed - Very sociable office

Cons

- Poor training (I had the same training sessions multiple times) - Lack of trust to manage your own day and lots of micromanagement - Very transactional, I was told I couldn't visit a multinational company as it wouldn't guarantee me a vacancy so I was better off in the office - Almost cult like - people are told they will never have a successful career if they leave and if you don't go to every social event... you are told how uncommitted you are - Very much a lad culture

Rise Technical Recruitment2019-03-18

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Bristol, England

I have been working at Rise Technical Recruitment full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyday your career is in your own hands. You can choose how successful you are. The more you put in the more you get out. There's no politics, everyone wants everyone else to succeed and we push each other. I'm close to approaching a year in the business and everyone that has left wasn't prepared to work hard to change their own lives. Everything you do is based around your own goals and we regularly discuss... what we're trying to achieve. On top of all of that you get to change peoples lives by finding them the jobs they want in company's that suit them. It's like no other.

Cons

You can't switch off for any amount of time. Everything moves fast and you have to react and anticipate variables you never knew existed.

Rise Technical Recruitment2019-01-29

"Competitive and intense work environment"

I worked at Rise Technical Recruitment full-time for less than a year

Pros

As with most recruitment jobs, there is the opportunity to progress and advance to higher and better paid positions.

Cons

The main con is all that comes with success in the company, tends to be closely linked with negatives. Peers and management have a sense of arrogance and judgment (mostly due to higher and better paid positions). This sort of mentality creates an arrogance which is difficult to work with and presents difficulties when asking for any type of assistance. Time is better utilised to make money for the company than... helping others is often evident. Furthermore, this can lead to serious stress as the majority of your time is spent at work dealing with pressure from management and peers on a daily basis.

Rise Technical Recruitment2019-02-11

"Great company"

Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Bristol, England

Pros

Really care about the individuals goals

Cons

Slight ‘lad culture’ in the business

Rise Technical Recruitment2019-01-24

"1* is overrated"

I worked at Rise Technical Recruitment full-time

Pros

Learnt a fair bit about engineering... after hours... when you could actually get to know your clients without being told you're not following the process correctly. There's 1 (just 1!!!) understanding and lovely manager there - Chris Dudbridge. Credit to him for being a decent bloke.

Cons

Regardless of how much you understand your clients you are forced to pester and annoy them until they hate you and decide to no longer work with you. You have this ridiculous and inaccurate manual to learn word for word. If you don't know it word for word (literally) and you fail your manual test 3 times don't expect to back the next day. Before you even begin your first day you have to sign a waiver which states... you'll work extra hours but you don't get paid more than minimum wage. Progression is met with 1k pay rises - realistically you'll progress once in your first year. If you're lucky you'll progress twice. IF you have friends outside of the business don't expect to ever see them EVER again, they don't exist. Life outside of RISE Technical is nonexistent. Overall, I've landed myself with depression (and undiagnosed PTSD) after working there. Not to mention I was actually alright at the job, I made the company money and I was on track to progress and I still landed myself in my doctors room because I hadn't slept in months. My advice - definitely(!!!) go into recruitment just avoid Rise Technical like the plague. Its not even worth the risk. I now love recruitment and all it has to offer.

Advice to Management

Don't ostracise employee's just because they're having a hard time Understand your employee's before you judge them

Rise Technical Recruitment2018-12-14

"You probably will hate it... after a while!"

I worked at Rise Technical Recruitment

Pros

Chance to earn a decent money with little experience. Table tennis at lunch

Cons

Bully environment, lad culture, long hours, micro management, constant negative meetings, repetitive tasks

Advice to Management

Treat the employees like normal People encourage and motivate

Rise Technical Recruitment2018-11-15

"Recruitment Consultant"

I have been working at Rise Technical Recruitment full-time

Pros

Vibrant work atmosphere, good management and good leadership. Progression is clear and the targets are achievable. The culture is outstanding and offer lots of training.

Cons

Having to do the coffee run for your team (when its my turn)

Advice to Management

keep it up

Rise Technical Recruitment2018-09-25