Rise Technical Recruitment Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 18 March 2019

4.4
Ben McCarthy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great place to work with a group of like minded people" (in 8 reviews)

• "The commission structure is also the best I have seen in the area" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons that I've encountered yet" (in 8 reviews)

• "Hard work starting from the bottom, but when successful makes it all worthwhile due to everyone celebrating your success" (in 3 reviews)

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Bristol, England
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Bristol, England

I have been working at Rise Technical Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyday your career is in your own hands.
    You can choose how successful you are. The more you put in the more you get out.
    There's no politics, everyone wants everyone else to succeed and we push each other.
    I'm close to approaching a year in the business and everyone that has left wasn't prepared to work hard to change their own lives.
    Everything you do is based around your own goals and we regularly discuss what we're trying to achieve.
    On top of all of that you get to change peoples lives by finding them the jobs they want in company's that suit them. It's like no other.

Cons

You can't switch off for any amount of time. Everything moves fast and you have to react and anticipate variables you never knew existed.

2. "Great progression opportunities, bad management"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Bristol, England

I worked at Rise Technical Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Very clear progression structure (hit your budget, get promoted)
    - Good support from your team, everyone wants each other to succeed
    - Very sociable office

Cons

- Poor training (I had the same training sessions multiple times)
    - Lack of trust to manage your own day and lots of micromanagement
    - Very transactional, I was told I couldn't visit a multinational company as it wouldn't guarantee me a vacancy so I was better off in the office
    - Almost cult like - people are told they will never have a successful career if they leave and if you don't go to every social event you are told how uncommitted you are
    - Very much a lad culture

"Competitive and intense work environment"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Bristol, England

I worked at Rise Technical Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As with most recruitment jobs, there is the opportunity to progress and advance to higher and better paid positions.

Cons

The main con is all that comes with success in the company, tends to be closely linked with negatives. Peers and management have a sense of arrogance and judgment (mostly due to higher and better paid positions). This sort of mentality creates an arrogance which is difficult to work with and presents difficulties when asking for any type of assistance. Time is better utilised to make money for the company than helping others is often evident.

Furthermore, this can lead to serious stress as the majority of your time is spent at work dealing with pressure from management and peers on a daily basis.

"Great company"

Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Bristol, England
    Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Bristol, England

I have been working at Rise Technical Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really care about the individuals goals

Cons

Slight ‘lad culture’ in the business

"1* is overrated"

I worked at Rise Technical Recruitment full-time

Pros

Learnt a fair bit about engineering... after hours... when you could actually get to know your clients without being told you're not following the process correctly.

There's 1 (just 1!!!) understanding and lovely manager there - Chris Dudbridge. Credit to him for being a decent bloke.

Cons

Regardless of how much you understand your clients you are forced to pester and annoy them until they hate you and decide to no longer work with you.
    You have this ridiculous and inaccurate manual to learn word for word. If you don't know it word for word (literally) and you fail your manual test 3 times don't expect to back the next day.
    Before you even begin your first day you have to sign a waiver which states you'll work extra hours but you don't get paid more than minimum wage.
    Progression is met with 1k pay rises - realistically you'll progress once in your first year. If you're lucky you'll progress twice.
    IF you have friends outside of the business don't expect to ever see them EVER again, they don't exist. Life outside of RISE Technical is nonexistent.

Overall, I've landed myself with depression (and undiagnosed PTSD) after working there. Not to mention I was actually alright at the job, I made the company money and I was on track to progress and I still landed myself in my doctors room because I hadn't slept in months.

My advice - definitely(!!!) go into recruitment just avoid Rise Technical like the plague. Its not even worth the risk.

I now love recruitment and all it has to offer.

Advice to Management

Don't ostracise employee's just because they're having a hard time

Understand your employee's before you judge them

"You probably will hate it... after a while!"

Pros

Chance to earn a decent money with little experience. Table tennis at lunch

Cons

Bully environment, lad culture, long hours, micro management, constant negative meetings, repetitive tasks

Advice to Management

Treat the employees like normal
    People encourage and motivate

"Great working environment"

Current Employee - Consultant in Bristol, England
    Current Employee - Consultant in Bristol, England

I have been working at Rise Technical Recruitment full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great working atmosphere whilst also offering great training and always helping you to progress

"Recruitment Consultant"

I have been working at Rise Technical Recruitment full-time

Pros

Vibrant work atmosphere, good management and good leadership. Progression is clear and the targets are achievable.
    The culture is outstanding and offer lots of training.

Cons

Having to do the coffee run for your team (when its my turn)

Advice to Management

keep it up

"My time at Rise"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

I worked at Rise Technical Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rise is a great place to work with lots of opportunity to develop. Throughout my two years working with Rise I earnt decent bonus, got promoted & met amazing people along the way. The training methods used is an excellent way to help understand the sales process and I felt I had a lot of support from senior staff throughout my journey at Rise, especially as I started as a Trainee. I loved the fact that progression was completely down to you and how hard you worked rather than waiting in line for the next job to come up! Socially it’s excellent, especially for a new trainee, I felt really welcomed into the business as everyone would make an effort to go for a drink with you and introduce theirselves. Definitely recommend Rise!

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep providing support where needed as I felt that really helped me

"Principal Consultant"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Bristol, England
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Bristol, England

I have been working at Rise Technical Recruitment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, money, environment, atmosphere, training

Cons

none that I can think of!