Found 1,391 of over 3K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Staff are friendly and helpful at all times" (in 151 reviews)
- "Flexible and nice people to work with" (in 135 reviews)
- "The team were great and got the day in." (in 93 reviews)
- "You will get good benefit and they care their staff very much" (in 53 reviews)
- "Great worklife and culture and learning" (in 19 reviews)
- "Poor management they give unreachable targets" (in 198 reviews)
- "Low pay and that’s all" (in 179 reviews)
- "When taken ill at work managers can be rude and question you assuming you're lying." (in 158 reviews)
- "Can be long hours and dfficult to drive in and out of work as all employees start at the same time" (in 87 reviews)
- "No training and felt like I needed to know everything as they would either roll eyes or have nasty comments to say." (in 54 reviews)
- 4.04 Dec 2023Sales AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearChester, England
- Friendly staff - Management organised and understanding
- Pay - Over capacity on deliveries
- 2.019 Sept 2023Buying Admin AssistantFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
- Great to get your foot in the door for buying experience. - Lovely members of management and peers. - Food was decent and cute event pop ups. - Free gym in the office
- Overworked massively with targets unreachable and consistently told off for it. - Stayed late, usually the last one working in the office in my team then told off for not finishing workloads frequently. - Office is far-away making the commute tiresome and difficult at times. - 'Bullying' behaviour from my buyer, not much was done when disclosed. - Left due to mental health reasons largely due to the treatment from my manager, but also workload, poor pay, office was too far away. - Underpaid at the time, the lowest in any company and role in London. Though I think this has now changed. - Promotion was held like a carrot to a donkey, with little training and support involved.1
- 4.014 Nov 2023Senior Sales ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsStaines, England
I’ve worked with the best people and mentors throughout my life here. I feel very grateful to have ahd the opportunity to grow and work here. Great benefits such as seasonal clothes, discounts and team lunches/dinners.
Pressure and stress from sales and customers
- 3.05 Nov 2023Technical AssistantCurrent EmployeeLondon, England
Great place to start working in fashion if you want to figure out how a high street fashion environment works.
Needs to progress forward with SMART working practices, better communication and better staff support.
- 2.01 Nov 2023Floor ManagerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearOmagh, Northern Ireland
Full time hours available, and paid 4 weeks training before you initially start in store
As senior management (secondary to store manager) the pay (£12p/hr) does not reflect this. RI as a business has many strict rules in terms of their store layout and processes which needs good problem solving skills.1
River Island Clothing Reviews FAQs
River Island Clothing has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 2,552 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at River Island Clothing to a friend and 48% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
64% of River Island Clothing employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated River Island Clothing 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.