Robert Half Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Robert Half Reviews

Updated 16 Sep 2019

Found 99 reviews

4.4
Robert Half CEO Harold M. Messmer Jr.
Harold M. Messmer Jr.
Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance as a recruiter may be difficult for some(in 212 reviews)

• "Very long hours required to build book of business(in 181 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fantastic Leeds office"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Leeds, England

I worked at Robert Half full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked in the Leeds office of Robert Half for 4 years, and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The best element of the Leeds office is the people, who yes work hard, but also try and make each day a positive working environment. The management structure is based upon merit and experience, with senior managers always present in the office to support teams. The Leeds office also benefits from an excellent sales... support team who do a huge amount to assist the recruitment consultant teams. The director of the Leeds office was actively involved with each employee, and invested a lot of time supporting me during my time there. I received excellent training during my time, and the company has also recently invested in upgrading its software and hardware to improve working efficiency. I thought this was a great place to work, and would happily recommend tomanyone interested in a career in recruitment.

Cons

Occasional long hours, but standard for the recruitment industry

Advice to Management

Keep investing time in people as you did with me, and encouraging a happy working environment

Robert Half2018-12-31

January 9, 2019

A positive work environment, hands-on support from our leadership teams and offering training and development opportunities are key benefits of working for Robert Half. It's great to hear that you experienced this during your time with us. All the best for future career ambitions!

2. "Great Birmingham office"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Vibrant office - Great support from managers - Clear training and development goals

Cons

Work hours but it is expected in recruitment!

Robert Half2019-09-03
  3. "Great training ground but not a place for a long career"

Former Employee - Client Services Director in London, England

I worked at Robert Half full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Will give anyone a shot and it is a phenomenal place to train in your early twenties, both in terms of technique and work ethic.

Cons

Awful culture and values, no professional or personal ethics at management level

Robert Half2019-09-09
  4. "Birmingham Office UK - Growth Engine"

Current Employee - Senior Business Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I joined the Birmingham business as a 23 year old 14 years ago with a bit of sales experience but no recruitment experience I have been in the top 3% of performers in the world twice and on my forth opportunity in building a business from scratch; that exposure, development, support and experience I would not get financing those opportunities independently I can honestly say it has been a joy, a challenge,... developmental, tough, enjoyable, rewarding and hilarious ! I have built friendships for life and trust the business implicitly to support and look after my well being My career working for the Birmingham Robert Half office and the company as a whole has been both personally and financially rewarding I can highly recommend our leadership and the opportunities for growth and career development

Cons

Keeping control of working hours can be a challenging when building a business - this takes personal discipline and working smart

Robert Half2019-08-16
  5. "Working at Robert Half"

Current Employee - Consultant in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for less than a year

Pros

Positive atmosphere Great team Only been with RHT for 3 months, but felt very welcomed by everyone Flexible if I have events outside of work which I need to attend

Cons

Long hours (Expected in this role, and was made very clear - so no surprises)

Robert Half2019-08-28
  6. "Excellent all round"

Current Employee - Pa to Vice President in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for less than a year

Pros

I wanted to take a minute to express my sincere appreciation and how much I have valued Mackenny's contribution and professionalism in assisting me with securing a new role. Not only did he exceed expectations for himself he also promoted your Company as a highly committed , client focused , competent Recruitment Agency. I have been working with Recruitment Agencies now for over 5 years and can... honestly say the service level I have received from Mackenny has been excellent on all fronts. Please pass on my thanks and gratitude.

Cons

No cons found as yet

Robert Half2019-05-24

June 21, 2019PR, Content and Social Media Executive

Great to hear that our services really excelled expectations! Excellence and efficiency will always be high priority within our services. We'll pass on your feedback to Mackenny and wish you the best in your career!

"Poor Management, Not a diverse tem"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in London, England

I worked at Robert Half full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team around you, fun, outgoing.

Cons

Management is very male dominated with a relaxed approach to drug taking and I watched grads who never touched a drop in the past join in just to fit in. I witnessed non stop bullying of new people coming into the business and inevitable burn out. They have had a huge turnover of staff under a new leader and it's difficult to see what they're doing to stop it. It's a bit of a joke at desk now. Leaders within... the business cannot be trusted and no one feels comfortable to speak honestly about how they're feeling. It feels like the UK business has no actual idea how to improve or change for the times but instead force people to work harder. (Never smarter!) The technology team is a mess and that's just the perm team- the tech temp team are forgotten about and no one cares! The times they are a changin and Robert Half are stuck in 2003! People are leaving in their droves but inevitably the leadership will say they were just average and couldn't hack it. WAKE UP BOYS!

Advice to Management

Trust people, change your Senior Management team, trust that someone who is quiet has the ability to do the job and doesn't need to be laddy. Promote female leaders Do what is right, not what is easy

Robert Half2019-06-13

June 26, 2019PR, Content and Social Media Executive

We are surprised by this review as the environment you’ve described does not align with our office culture. We’re committed to a positive, inclusive work environment for everyone. We’re interested in learning more about your experience and would like to invite you to discuss this ...

8. "Great"

Current Employee - Director of Recruiting in London, England

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fun and financially rewarding. Pushes you to your limits.

Cons

Politics of a large us corporate and pressures on margins.

Robert Half2019-03-22

June 27, 2019PR, Content and Social Media Executive

Thank you for your review and we hope you continue to enjoy your time working with us.

9. "Great & rewarding place to work. Be prepared to graft though!"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Southampton, England

I worked at Robert Half full-time for more than a year

Pros

The training provided is outstanding, with trips to the Shard office in London and other cities, and you are constantly supported to keep improving. Lively environments, when deals close and there's a real buzz in the office it is so enjoyable. They will really invest in you, especially the branch manager Nikki, which is often unexpected in such a large organisation.

Cons

Certainly isn't easy, long hours and strict targets. But this should be a given if you are looking to get into recruitment!

Robert Half2019-02-21

June 27, 2019PR, Content and Social Media Executive

Thank you for this wonderful review of your time spent working with us. We're proud of the training we provide employees and we're glad you enjoyed your time working at Robert Half.

10. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Consultant in Leeds, England

I worked at Robert Half full-time for more than a year

Pros

Robert Half was my first role in an office environment following university and from day one the help and guidance they gave me was excellent. I always found them very understanding and they would tailor the role to suit different requirements. I joined the permanent team and my manager Kelsey was extremely helpful throughout and was the main reason I persisted through the tough times. The Leeds office is... extremely successful and the atmosphere is great, especially for new starters. The managers are very committed to helping new starters and they genuinely want them to succeed. Unfortunately for me I didn't think I was particularly suited to the role so I felt it was time to move on and go travelling.

Cons

The hours are long, but you know what you're signing up to. They have become far more flexible over the last few months as well.

Robert Half2019-01-18

January 18, 2019

It's great to hear that you have enjoyed your time with Robert Half Leeds. All the best for your travels and we wish you luck in finding a role that that is the right fit for you in the future.

Found 99 reviews