Robert Walters Recruiter Reviews

Updated 12 Feb 2020

4.3
Robert Walters Chief Executive Officer Robert Walters
Robert Walters
  1. "Great business to work for"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture and team focused - huge career opportunities based on performance

Cons

Long hours but no different to any other recruitment agency!

2. "Great culture and clear progression"

4.0
    Current Employee - Recruiter in London, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Breakfast/Fruit - Modern equipment and facilities - Sociable environment - Good workload

Cons

- Long hours

"Recruitment company with a big ego"

2.0
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester City Centre, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Left to your own devices

Cons

Company thought it was better than what it was. No training offered to new staff. Horrendous discretionary commision

Robert Walters Response

January 21, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for your review. I was disappointed to read your comments, and I especially regret that you felt there was no training for new staff — the quality of our training is something we are known for, so I would appreciate arranging a confidential conversation so that I can discuss your experience in a bit more detail. If you’d like, you can email me at chris.poole@robertwalters.com to do so. Thanks, Chris Poole Managing Director, Robert Walters Manchester

4. "Great company with international opportunities"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company to work for. The culture is very collaborative and everyone works really well together. Excellent training and perks including the opportunity to visit a European city for training as well as experience what it is like to work in another one of our offices around the world! I have been in recruitment for a long time, but RW genuinely care and look after all staff.

Cons

No cons for me at this stage

5. "Recruitment Consultant role for Manchester Robert Walters"

4.0
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility within the company Work phone and laptop from day one to help with working from home Trust in their employees

Cons

The targets in place are the same for all levels of staff -promotion targets not clear

"Thanks RW!"

Current Employee - Associate Recruiter in London, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Work Life Balance Fantastic Teams/ Company Culture Supportive & Encouraging Management Fun Incentives

Cons

Can be stressful Commute to clients

"Amazing company to work for"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

They nurture talent in the business Great work life balance and culture Good working hours Fun business with loads of perks Amazing incentives

Cons

Can not think of any cons.

"Collaborative. Cohesive. Creative."

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in London, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Robert Walters is a fantastic company to start your recruitment career or even join further down the line. Many people in the business are ex industry and for junior joiners there is so much opportunity to learn. Robert Walters offers an autonomous environment and the ability to quickly climb the ladder if you prove successful. You have the brand to enable you to effectively get in front of new clients and build a business as well as the support of management.

Cons

At first it will feel like you are working a long day and the hours can be tiresome but it absolutely flies by and you need the time to get things done. We work very hard but also get the opportunity to meet a range of people, eat at restaurants you wouldn't normally choose and have many sporting events.

Continue reading
  9. "Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Close knit team / measured on results / liberal expenses policy to allow for candidate & client entertainment and relationship building / strong brand awareness

Cons

Nothing more than the general challenges faced by recruitment companies

"Disillusioned"

2.0
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Management on the floor on most teams is good. Encourage you to get out and really get to know your market. Good offices. Very high investment in global branding and back office support functions. International opportunities.

Cons

They have just cut two entire divisions including some very good staff because they weren't profitable and handled it awfully. Rolled everyone out at a monthly divisional meeting and just wiped them out. Very poor senior management. Can't retain good billers. They just move on elsewhere as the salaries are higher and bonuses more lucrative. Bonus scheme is terrible. In my 3 years here only ever seen the senior management when things are getting tough. Promotion is purely based on billings, not on people's ability to actually manage. Hasn't innovated to catch up with the market. The business centres around 3 people, the CEO, the COO and the CFO and they get paid handsomely for the hard work of others. It doesn't trickle down - I'm sure the shareholders are glad you are cannibalising the company of its good staff and replacing them with graduates all in the name of a fat pay cheque.

Continue reading

Robert Walters Response

February 14, 2017Head of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We’re pleased to hear that you have found our managers to be supportive and that we have been successful in communicating how keen we are for staff to take advantage of the international opportunities we offer. The decision to restructure the London business to focus on areas which could offer more opportunities for growth was one which was taken only after lengthy consideration and assessment. Our consultants in those affected teams were working hard in challenging circumstances and we have strived to offer those staff opportunities to relocate to other parts of the business. Our bonus scheme differs from that of many other firms in the industry and is based on a team rather than individual basis. We believe that this system encourages our consultants to collaborate with one another, sharing information on candidates and roles to help us match professionals with the right roles. Whilst benefiting clients and candidates experience we also believe it is extremely rewarding for consultants.

Found 87 reviews