Robert Walters Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Robert Walters

"Thanks RW!"

Current Employee - Associate Recruiter in London, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Work Life Balance Fantastic Teams/ Company Culture Supportive & Encouraging Management Fun Incentives

Cons

Can be stressful Commute to clients

Robert Walters2018-08-07
  2. "Recruitment Consultant role for Manchester Robert Walters"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility within the company Work phone and laptop from day one to help with working from home Trust in their employees

Cons

The targets in place are the same for all levels of staff -promotion targets not clear

Robert Walters2019-07-15

"Amazing company to work for"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

They nurture talent in the business Great work life balance and culture Good working hours Fun business with loads of perks Amazing incentives

Cons

Can not think of any cons.

Robert Walters2018-05-04

"Collaborative. Cohesive. Creative."

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in London, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Robert Walters is a fantastic company to start your recruitment career or even join further down the line. Many people in the business are ex industry and for junior joiners there is so much opportunity to learn. Robert Walters offers an autonomous environment and the ability to quickly climb the ladder if you prove successful. You have the brand to enable you to effectively get in front of new clients and build a business...

Cons

At first it will feel like you are working a long day and the hours can be tiresome but it absolutely flies by and you need the time to get things done. We work very hard but also get the opportunity to meet a range of people, eat at restaurants you wouldn't normally choose and have many sporting events.

Advice to Management

Continue to work closely with each team - keep investing in technology and ensure the working environment continues to be collaborative.

Robert Walters2018-05-04
  5. "Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Close knit team / measured on results / liberal expenses policy to allow for candidate & client entertainment and relationship building / strong brand awareness

Cons

Nothing more than the general challenges faced by recruitment companies

Robert Walters2017-10-05

"Disillusioned"

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Management on the floor on most teams is good. Encourage you to get out and really get to know your market. Good offices. Very high investment in global branding and back office support functions. International opportunities.

Cons

They have just cut two entire divisions including some very good staff because they weren't profitable and handled it awfully. Rolled everyone out at a monthly divisional meeting and just wiped them out. Very poor senior management. Can't retain good billers. They just move on elsewhere as the salaries are higher and bonuses more lucrative. Bonus scheme is terrible. In my 3 years here only ever seen the senior management...

Advice to Management

Look after your key staff better. Mix up senior management. Innovate. Buy people who are good back. Fix your bonus structure.

Robert Walters2016-12-11

Robert Walters Response

February 14, 2017Head of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We’re pleased to hear that you have found our managers to be supportive and that we have been successful in communicating how keen we are for staff to take advantage of the international opportunities we offer. The decision ...

7. "Senior Recruitment Conultant"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent Career prospects and supportive management team

Cons

Although I have had no complaints, having zero viability over the bonus structure can be difficult at times

Robert Walters2016-11-09
  8. "Non-KPI driven recruitment company"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Robert Walters for less than a year

Pros

Great team-based environment, non-KPI/Sales driven so you're not forced to reach X number of hours on the phone, instead there's a focus on quality service, strong candidates and long-term client relations which really shows in your daily activity. Good incentives including monthly and quarterly days out, very social work environment.

Cons

It's recruitment so there will still be elements of cold-calling clients to business develop. Dealing with incompetent HR can also be a nightmare.

Advice to Management

Doing well with a good focus on incentives, pay could definitely be higher to compensate for lack of commission structure

Robert Walters2016-05-04

"Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great Work Environment -Team Atmosphere -Central Location -Social Office -Lots of positive reinforcement, achievement are recognized throughout the company -Beautiful office space, very Feng Shui

Cons

-Social groups are kind of clicky -Long hours -Offer coffee and tea but nothing else in the kitchen

Advice to Management

-Only advice I'd give is to improve the snacks and beverages if possible. Otherwise the management was terrific.

Robert Walters2015-10-14
  10. "Very good company, staff should try to remember they are not gods. Some overly pretentious personalities."

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time

Pros

Great salary and compensation schemes. Great people mostly. Good progression. Good perks. Management actually care and listen and feedback.

Cons

The environment can be very cliquey, and there are some very pretentious members of staff as well as those who are extremely loud/look down on people.

Advice to Management

Try to ensure people are working equally as hard, and try to discourage the overly pretentious nature. Humility is, well. Amazing.

Robert Walters2015-09-19