Robert Walters Recruitment Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 14 reviews

4.7
Robert Walters CEO Robert Walters
Robert Walters

"Amazing company to work for"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They nurture talent in the business Great work life balance and culture Good working hours Fun business with loads of perks Amazing incentives

Cons

Can not think of any cons.

Robert Walters2018-05-04
  2. "Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Close knit team / measured on results / liberal expenses policy to allow for candidate & client entertainment and relationship building / strong brand awareness

Cons

Nothing more than the general challenges faced by recruitment companies

Robert Walters2017-10-05

"Disillusioned"

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Management on the floor on most teams is good. Encourage you to get out and really get to know your market. Good offices. Very high investment in global branding and back office support functions. International opportunities.

Cons

They have just cut two entire divisions including some very good staff because they weren't profitable and handled it awfully. Rolled everyone out at a monthly divisional meeting and just wiped them out. Very poor senior management. Can't retain good billers. They just move on elsewhere as the salaries are higher and bonuses more lucrative. Bonus scheme is terrible. In my 3 years here only ever seen the senior management...

Advice to Management

Look after your key staff better. Mix up senior management. Innovate. Buy people who are good back. Fix your bonus structure.

Robert Walters2016-12-11

Robert Walters Response

February 14, 2017Head of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We’re pleased to hear that you have found our managers to be supportive and that we have been successful in communicating how keen we are for staff to take advantage of the international opportunities we offer. The decision ...

4. "Senior Recruitment Conultant"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent Career prospects and supportive management team

Cons

Although I have had no complaints, having zero viability over the bonus structure can be difficult at times

Robert Walters2016-11-09
  5. "Non-KPI driven recruitment company"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Robert Walters (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team-based environment, non-KPI/Sales driven so you're not forced to reach X number of hours on the phone, instead there's a focus on quality service, strong candidates and long-term client relations which really shows in your daily activity. Good incentives including monthly and quarterly days out, very social work environment.

Cons

It's recruitment so there will still be elements of cold-calling clients to business develop. Dealing with incompetent HR can also be a nightmare.

Advice to Management

Doing well with a good focus on incentives, pay could definitely be higher to compensate for lack of commission structure

Robert Walters2016-05-04

"Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great Work Environment -Team Atmosphere -Central Location -Social Office -Lots of positive reinforcement, achievement are recognized throughout the company -Beautiful office space, very Feng Shui

Cons

-Social groups are kind of clicky -Long hours -Offer coffee and tea but nothing else in the kitchen

Advice to Management

-Only advice I'd give is to improve the snacks and beverages if possible. Otherwise the management was terrific.

Robert Walters2015-10-14
  7. "Very good company, staff should try to remember they are not gods. Some overly pretentious personalities."

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time

Pros

Great salary and compensation schemes. Great people mostly. Good progression. Good perks. Management actually care and listen and feedback.

Cons

The environment can be very cliquey, and there are some very pretentious members of staff as well as those who are extremely loud/look down on people.

Advice to Management

Try to ensure people are working equally as hard, and try to discourage the overly pretentious nature. Humility is, well. Amazing.

Robert Walters2015-09-19

"Sociable atmosphere, but the atmosphere is a bit "UKIP" and the work wasn't for me"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Robert Walters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good sales training; industry fee structure rewards ambitious people; very sociable

Cons

The "UKIP" atmosphere mentioned - a lot of emphasis placed on accents etc. The work itself could also be fairly mundane - the "sales" element only really comes into play when persuading a candidate to take a job offer. This possibly accounts for 5% of the job at a junior level.

Robert Walters2015-07-15

"Fantastic new starter process and professionalism from start to finish during the interviews."

I have been working at Robert Walters

Pros

Great team environment that is refreshing in the recruitment industry. Genuine specialist professionals who care about their job and the candidates they are working with. Fantastic office culture with enough of a work life balance.

Cons

Like any sales/ recruitment role you have good and bad days. The best thing is to communicate with your manager and take advice where needed during the troughs.

Advice to Management

Very impressed by the recruitment process and induction. Having run my own business for 5 years I was pleased to see a business that cared so much about it's new starters.

Robert Walters2015-02-03

"Graduate position, great London location, poor training program"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

London location is second to none, tough interview process which means they take care in picking the right people.

Cons

Poor training program in place. No work life balance, 12 hour working days with minimum break.

Advice to Management

Invest some time into giving sales staff the tools they need in order to succeed.

Robert Walters2015-01-26