Found 809 of over 1K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good training but it is only focused on how to make you bill and bill fast." (in 94 reviews)
- "The culture and the people is good there" (in 93 reviews)
- "Crossover between Walters People and Robert Walters is great" (in 77 reviews)
- "Great team and atmosphere where you can experience global company." (in 43 reviews)
- "Management is great and approachable." (in 36 reviews)
- "Discretionary bonus scheme means you often do not know what you'll be taking home until the month of pay day after the last quarter" (in 61 reviews)
- "The typical workday is long hours and work outside of these hours is also common." (in 51 reviews)
- "transparent bonus structure" (in 28 reviews)
- "Some managers are good while others are very bad." (in 26 reviews)
- "Regular working hours are fairly long and can extend during busy times of year, in addition to attending events." (in 22 reviews)
- 5.09 Aug 2023Associate Recruitment ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 1 yearBirmingham, England
Great company culture - Socialising is actively encouraged & naturally bonds with colleagues form as a result. Training is frequent, varied & of high quality. Very good support network within the business. An extremely diverse workforce - Adds to an amazing culture. Fantastic benefits (Company events, social occasions, team incentives etc). A lot of freedom to operate how you believe is best. Fantastic office - Great location with an unreal view of Birmingham. Promoted on merit - There is no culture of favoritism.
High staff turnover. The threshold to unlock commission is high and very difficult to obtain for new employees. Targets set can often be unattainable.1
- 3.016 Oct 2023ConsultantCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearMilton Keynes, England
Good culture. Autonomous. Good working pattern.
A bit too autonomous. Very little support.
- 2.029 Aug 2023ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 1 yearManchester, England
- Good networking opportunities and events
- Low morale - Limited flexible working - Minimal support if you're struggling - Limited support from managers - Training isn't thoroughRobert Walters Response3mo
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and providing advice on how we could improve as an employer. We’re proud that strength of our brand sets us apart in the market, and I’m glad you felt the value of the events and networking opportunities we provide for our people. We’ve also worked hard to build a culture where all our people are given the environment and tools to build and develop successful careers with us, so it’s disappointing to learn you’ve experienced a lack of support from our management teams. I’d be interested to discuss your feedback in more detail, so if you’d like, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange a confidential discussion.
- 2.08 Aug 2023ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Team collaborative working culture, ability to entertain clients
They stress recruiters get a bonus as a selling point anyld not commissions. Its good for the candidate but bad for the consultant. Its not always set in stone even when you smash your targets it still might be a measly amount.
- 5.013 Jul 2023Recruitment ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsManchester, England
Flexible, Good culture, lots of exciting events etc.
None they're a great company1
Robert Walters Reviews FAQs
Robert Walters has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 1,366 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at Robert Walters to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.
83% of Robert Walters employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Robert Walters 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.