Robert Walters Reviews

Updated 11 May 2021

3.8
Robert Walters Chief Executive Officer Robert Walters
Robert Walters
Pros
  • "Friendly, collaborative working environment(in 48 reviews)

• "good training and support, international environment(in 34 reviews)

• Cons
  • "long hours but to be expected in recruitment(in 50 reviews)

• "Work-life balance, flexibility, KPI based progression(in 27 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company culture and fantastic progression opportunities

2 Mar 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun working environment, great people, lots of learning and development opportunities, chance to earn great commission

Cons

Long hours and lots of cold calling

Robert Walters Response

Thank you for sharing such positive feedback about your experience working for Robert Walters. We are so glad that you would recommend us to your network as a great place to work. Robert Walters was recognised as a Great Place To Work® UK in 2020 which was fundamental to keeping morale high and maintaining business productivity and efficiency during a tough and turbulent year by following COVID-19.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

awful staff management

7 May 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Birmingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

training courses very efficient great

Cons

very clicky, not a friendly environment

3. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

If you're not a recruiter you get shafted - back office, IT in particular stay away.

15 Jan 2021 - IT Support in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Better than being unemployed I suppose

Cons

Work hard all year round, go above and beyond to get a disgrace (if anything) come bonus/review time. - 3 years in a row now and always a new excuse "poor year/Covid/Brexit" even though if you check the annual reports the company always seems to be making a decent profit. Long hours, expected to work evenings and weekends for a pat on the back and a "this will be remembered come bonus time", which clearly is not the case. A new CIO came in a couple of years ago and to be fair he seems good, but should have cycled out some of the old SMT's in particular ones who change country every 3 months, cant really be productive when constantly changing country/continent. Will be blocked for promotion/team change by a certain SMT despite educating yourself and proving you are capable of doing the job and the manger of said team wants you in the team, if you are not a favourite for bowing down to him.

Continue reading

Human Resources

Thanks for your review. I understand your frustrations and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. I am, of course, disappointed to read your comments; I want all our team members to have access to the opportunities they deserve. I’d been keen to get a few more details about your experience — if you’re keen to do so, please email me (kevin.bulmer@robertwalters.com) directly and we can set up a completely confidential call. Kev Bulmer Group IT Director

4. 4.0
      Former Employee

Recruitment

23 Mar 2021 - Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have a good culture

Cons

The bonus is discretionary and not structured

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

cool company to work for

16 Mar 2021 - Web Developer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

team driven, relaxed atmosphere an supportive

Cons

could pay more - not sure about cons during this period.

Robert Walters Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, and for sharing your experience of working for Robert Walters. Here at Robert Walters we value and encourage a collaborative, team-based workplace culture, breaking down barriers to communication across the business, to help guide decision-making and improve overall business workflow.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company culture

14 Jan 2021 - Senior Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Collaborative - Nice people - Good social events - Path to progress fairly clear - International opportunities

Cons

- Discretionary bonus scheme means you often do not know what you'll be taking home until the month of pay day after the last quarter - Team based profit model means bonuses can often be impacted if team has not had a good quarter (although if you bill £60k+ often they'll make sure you'll be compensated, though anything less than this is unlikely) - Bonuses are usually around 10%-12% when billing from £60k-£90k - much lower than most agencies

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good company to work for

2 Mar 2021 - Trainee Solicitor in City of London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Established company with a global presence and room for continuous growth.

Cons

No cons to flag at present.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Team orientated & collaborative

15 Feb 2021 - Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very team orientated, strong leadership team & invested in through training & personal development

Cons

Longer hours but it that is natural for recruitment

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company to Work for

10 Feb 2021 - IT Technician in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Robert Walters is a progressive company that values staff members and provides a great working environment to excel.

Cons

None that I an think of.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Recruitment consultant

23 Mar 2021 - Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun working environment & really awesome people

Cons

Low pay & unequal distribution of bonus

Human Resources

Thanks for your review — I’m glad you enjoyed the working environment here; indeed, we believe our people make our outstanding culture what it is. Nevertheless, we can assure you that we always offer competitive salaries (in line with an individual’s skills and experience). Further, we understand that you weren’t satisfied with our bonus model, but we believe it’s something that really sets us apart — it helps us make sure that our candidates and clients always come first, and that we’re able to reward people for the total job they do, not just how much they bill. If there’s anything else you’d like to discuss, you can email us at hr.admin@robertwalters.com so that we can set up a confidential chat with the appropriate person from the team.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 492 Reviews