Robert Walters "good training" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Robert Walters Employee Reviews about "good training"

Updated 6 Nov 2019

4.4
Robert Walters Chief Executive Officer Robert Walters
Robert Walters
Pros
  • "Totally not a traditional corporate; relaxed working environment & fun office(in 39 reviews)

• "Good training programme especially for new people to the industry(in 28 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "good training"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company to work for and a good start to a career in London"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Very good training from start to finish of your time there. Always available when needed/requested at all levels. - Management is always there when you need help or guidance while also giving you responsibility to run your own desk. - People at the company are friendly and welcoming while a team ethos is encouraged making the environment a lovely place to work. - Creativity is encouraged in trying new things to succeed.

Cons

Long working hours but that comes with Recruitment as a whole. New systems are being put in place which causes IT malfunctions from time to time.

Advice to Management

Keep giving flexibility in terms of work life balance.

Robert Walters2018-02-17
  2. "Great Culture and work environment"

Current Employee - Consultant in Melbourne

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Staff Good leader who is always happy to chat Good training programme especially for new people to the industry Very team focussed and everyone is really supportive Good culture and friendly fun work environment

Cons

more flexibility around work arrangements

Robert Walters2019-11-06
  3. "Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good training, autonomy and genuine people.

Cons

There has been a lot of change which has impacted the environment. To compensate, management are taking on too much work and not delegating.

Advice to Management

Take a step back, hire experienced professionals and delegate. Invest, grow and value the talent you have.

Robert Walters2019-08-25
  4. "Fun colleagues, questionable management"

Current Employee - Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good company culture Good training program

Cons

No work-life balance Poor salary Unclear bonus structure Strong bias and favouritism by the senior exec team

Advice to Management

More emphasis needed on looking after your employees

Robert Walters2019-07-03
  5. "Great company with lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Melbourne

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good training, great culture and opportunity to progress in your career in Australia or overseas.

Cons

Longer hours are needed here and there but nothing unreasonable

Advice to Management

Great management team, supportive, experienced and always have time to talk.

Robert Walters2019-05-29
  6. "How is working at RW - overall very good!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Tokyo

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good training, fun culture and

Cons

bonuses are discretionary, no overtime pay, no flex time or remote work

Robert Walters2019-05-16
  7. "Robert Walters Dublin"

Former Employee - Consultant in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly Staff, Good Location, Good Training

Cons

Benefits, Long Hours, Progression Limited

Advice to Management

N/A

Robert Walters2018-11-01

"Bullied, enforce heavy pressure."

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Tokyo

I worked at Robert Walters full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

[Great System] Robert Walters Japan has a great system, if you make placements you will get promotion and you will get good incentives. There are people who own debts, student loans like fee millions and this job can help them pay it off. It is a money making paradise. [Not bad work life balance] Work life balance is better than Japanese companies (usually last train). If you are experience and hit your targets you can leave 6-7 on time. If not, you will have to stay late night which is only around 3 hours overtime before you are the last one there. But of course depending on teams, some teams even get extra pillow time(come to work late tickets) if you hit your head hunt targets. [Good training programs] Also very good training program, give you classroom sessions for study just like in college. The people who will be teaching you are the best in the world. The training you receive at Robert Walters are priceless. Robert Walters is the best in Tokyo interms of revenue.

Cons

People there is horrible, I would say most of them. I am totally fine if sales environment only cares about money but they will bully specially new comers all they can. The worse is that even after I left the company they still do it when they saw me in a restaurant. [Gossip and rumors] People there love to gossip. The company started a rumor about something that is not true about me and the whole company even the payroll knows and when I ask around colleagues who are close to me, they said they had experience similar situations. I am also bullied because of my personal hobbies they think is too childish or “gay”. [Money driven only] People there only cares about money, they will treat you according to your billing record either to have lunch with you or waste of time. The worse is that they treat it to their candidates and clients as well. If a candidate they first though will be a placement, they will buy you diner and spend hours with you, once you get rejected only a email farewell goodbye because you don’t make them money anymore. Consultants don’t spend time preparing candidates or help fixing their resumes and give advisories because that don’t make them money. [Experience after leaving the company] The town is small, sometimes we walk to to each other. It makes no sense to drag work related hatred or old rumors to someone who left already. [Conclusion] This is only my own personal experience, I am sure many people like the company. I wasn’t going to write about it until a I was bullied after I left the company. It had bother me for months. But I guess it is good to let others know the pros and cons about the company.

Advice to Management

From what I experienced, not thing really matters not even education in Robert Walters Japan. In future interviews just accept anyone who are hungry for money and are willing give all for it.

Robert Walters2018-09-04
  9. "Pros"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Cork

I worked at Robert Walters part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good training, good team, good management

Cons

Can get lost and swallowed up

Advice to Management

pay more attention

Robert Walters2018-01-26
  10. "the environment will provide you good experiences."

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Tokyo

I worked at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked the company in Japan for 1 years and half as a consultant. I had good experiences at there. And now, I am working as a HR staff at IT company. - they have good training methods - enough basic salary - very global environment and diversity - charity days which are very fun

Cons

- very busy - turnover rate is high

Robert Walters2018-01-16