Robert Walters Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Jan 20, 2021

Found 41 of over 837 reviews

4.1
Robert Walters Chief Executive Officer Robert Walters
Robert Walters
Pros
  • "Friendly, collaborative working environment(in 48 reviews)

• "good training and support, international environment(in 34 reviews)

• Cons
  • "long hours but to be expected in recruitment(in 50 reviews)

• "Work-life balance, flexibility, KPI based progression(in 27 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great autonomy in current climate

Mar 17, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- access to work from home - surface pro/latest tech - high communication between directors/managers and consultants

Cons

- long hours but to be expected in recruitment

2. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

If you're not a recruiter you get shafted - back office, IT in particular stay away.

Jan 15, 2021 - IT Support in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Better than being unemployed I suppose

Cons

Work hard all year round, go above and beyond to get a disgrace (if anything) come bonus/review time. - 3 years in a row now and always a new excuse "poor year/Covid/Brexit" even though if you check the annual reports the company always seems to be making a decent profit. Long hours, expected to work evenings and weekends for a pat on the back and a "this will be remembered come bonus time", which clearly is not the case. A new CIO came in a couple of years ago and to be fair he seems good, but should have cycled out some of the old SMT's in particular ones who change country every 3 months, cant really be productive when constantly changing country/continent. Will be blocked for promotion/team change by a certain SMT despite educating yourself and proving you are capable of doing the job and the manger of said team wants you in the team, if you are not a favourite for bowing down to him.

Robert Walters Response

Human Resources

Thanks for your review. I understand your frustrations and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. I am, of course, disappointed to read your comments; I want all our team members to have access to the opportunities they deserve. I’d been keen to get a few more details about your experience — if you’re keen to do so, please email me (kevin.bulmer@robertwalters.com) directly and we can set up a completely confidential call. Kev Bulmer Group IT Director

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great training and culture

Jan 20, 2021 - Researcher in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training Culture Autonomy Mature working environment Great staff retention during pandemic

Cons

Can be cutthroat but that is recruitment Long hours but that is also expected in rec

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Decent benefits but pay not so great

Oct 15, 2020 - Coordinator in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good team, no micromanagement, flexible working

Cons

Long hours, lower than average pay

Robert Walters Response

Human Resources

Thanks for your review. I’m glad to read that you enjoy working with your team and that the role offers the flexibility you want. Indeed, I believe our strong team-based culture sets us apart from our competitors. Regarding your critiques, I hear you — I understand that times are tough for everyone right now, and I thank you for your hard work in these unusual times. In that light, I hope you’ll make full use of the benefits you mentioned, from flexible benefits (through Choices) to our industry-leading training, and more. If you have any other comments or feedback, I’d be happy to hear them – feel free to email me and we can set up a confidential chat. Thank you, Chris Poole Managing Director – Robert Walters Manchester

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great business to work for

Feb 12, 2020 - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and team focused - huge career opportunities based on performance

Cons

Long hours but no different to any other recruitment agency!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic learning and working environment with some of the best in the business.

Oct 28, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Career opportunities are unrivalled and achievable

Cons

Long hours But that’s what is required to be successful

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture and clear progression

Feb 11, 2020 - Recruiter in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Breakfast/Fruit - Modern equipment and facilities - Sociable environment - Good workload

Cons

- Long hours

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good employer

Jan 20, 2019 - Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good on the job training, positive and team focused environment, fantastically well resourced company giving you the best opportunity for success. Great incentives for high achievers.

Cons

Consistently under pressure to meet very high KPIs and targets, results in long hours.

9. 5.0

Fantastic Forward Thinking Company

Dec 8, 2017 - Senior Consultant in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Autonomy, Collaboration & Communication from MD and all management within the business as well as the wider group is great Able to offer an excellent service to our clients and candidates. They embrace change and move with the times in order to be the best at what they do. Excellent employer. Very supportive and caring. Understands how to get the best out of us by encouragement, training, recognition! Great benefits and commission scheme! Targets are not unrealistic and you are expected to work hard, but then that is to be expected!

Cons

- Not for the faint hearted. - You will lose sleep - but if you cant handle a stressful job at one point in your life, then you should probably reconsider your ambition. - You must be willing to overcome adversity and believe that you will come out on top. - Long hours... but only if you work hard and not smart.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for and a good start to a career in London

Feb 17, 2018 - Associate Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Very good training from start to finish of your time there. Always available when needed/requested at all levels. - Management is always there when you need help or guidance while also giving you responsibility to run your own desk. - People at the company are friendly and welcoming while a team ethos is encouraged making the environment a lovely place to work. - Creativity is encouraged in trying new things to succeed.

Cons

Long working hours but that comes with Recruitment as a whole. New systems are being put in place which causes IT malfunctions from time to time.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 41 Reviews