Robert Walters Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Nov 1, 2021

Found 46 of over 906 reviews

4.3
Robert Walters CEO Toby Fowlston
Toby Fowlston
Pros
  • "Robert Walters is truly a great place to launch your career in recruitment(in 89 reviews)

• "Fun working environment & really awesome people(in 56 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Fairly long hours, very kpi driven(in 59 reviews)

• "work-life balance can be challenging(in 34 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Recruiting

Jul 4, 2021 - Asociates in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great vibes- good team environment

Cons

Long hours, quite a bit of pressure

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company culture and fantastic progression opportunities

Mar 2, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun working environment, great people, lots of learning and development opportunities, chance to earn great commission

Cons

Long hours and lots of cold calling

Robert Walters Response

Thank you for sharing such positive feedback about your experience working for Robert Walters. We are so glad that you would recommend us to your network as a great place to work. Robert Walters was recognised as a Great Place To Work® UK in 2020 which was fundamental to keeping morale high and maintaining business productivity and efficiency during a tough and turbulent year by following COVID-19.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great training and culture

Jan 20, 2021 - Researcher in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training Culture Autonomy Mature working environment Great staff retention during pandemic

Cons

Can be cutthroat but that is recruitment Long hours but that is also expected in rec

4. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

If you're not a recruiter you get shafted - back office, IT in particular stay away.

Jan 15, 2021 - IT Support in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Better than being unemployed I suppose

Cons

Work hard all year round, go above and beyond to get a disgrace (if anything) come bonus/review time. - 3 years in a row now and always a new excuse "poor year/Covid/Brexit" even though if you check the annual reports the company always seems to be making a decent profit. Long hours, expected to work evenings and weekends for a pat on the back and a "this will be remembered come bonus time", which clearly is not the case. A new CIO came in a couple of years ago and to be fair he seems good, but should have cycled out some of the old SMT's in particular ones who change country every 3 months, cant really be productive when constantly changing country/continent. Will be blocked for promotion/team change by a certain SMT despite educating yourself and proving you are capable of doing the job and the manger of said team wants you in the team, if you are not a favourite for bowing down to him.

Continue reading
      2 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

Thanks for your review. I understand your frustrations and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. I am, of course, disappointed to read your comments; I want all our team members to have access to the opportunities they deserve. I’d been keen to get a few more details about your experience — if you’re keen to do so, please email me (kevin.bulmer@robertwalters.com) directly and we can set up a completely confidential call. Kev Bulmer Group IT Director

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Decent benefits but pay not so great

Oct 15, 2020 - Coordinator in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good team, no micromanagement, flexible working

Cons

Long hours, lower than average pay

Human Resources

Thanks for your review. I’m glad to read that you enjoy working with your team and that the role offers the flexibility you want. Indeed, I believe our strong team-based culture sets us apart from our competitors. Regarding your critiques, I hear you — I understand that times are tough for everyone right now, and I thank you for your hard work in these unusual times. In that light, I hope you’ll make full use of the benefits you mentioned, from flexible benefits (through Choices) to our industry-leading training, and more. If you have any other comments or feedback, I’d be happy to hear them – feel free to email me and we can set up a confidential chat. Thank you, Chris Poole Managing Director – Robert Walters Manchester

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great autonomy in current climate

Mar 17, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- access to work from home - surface pro/latest tech - high communication between directors/managers and consultants

Cons

- long hours but to be expected in recruitment

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great business to work for

Feb 12, 2020 - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and team focused - huge career opportunities based on performance

Cons

Long hours but no different to any other recruitment agency!

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture and clear progression

Feb 11, 2020 - Recruiter in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Breakfast/Fruit - Modern equipment and facilities - Sociable environment - Good workload

Cons

- Long hours

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic learning and working environment with some of the best in the business.

Oct 28, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Career opportunities are unrivalled and achievable

Cons

Long hours But that’s what is required to be successful

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good employer

Jan 20, 2019 - Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good on the job training, positive and team focused environment, fantastically well resourced company giving you the best opportunity for success. Great incentives for high achievers.

Cons

Consistently under pressure to meet very high KPIs and targets, results in long hours.

Continue reading