Robert Walters "long hours" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Robert Walters Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated 17 Mar 2020

4.5
Robert Walters Chief Executive Officer Robert Walters
Robert Walters
Pros
  • "Totally not a traditional corporate; relaxed working environment & fun office(in 39 reviews)

• "Good training programme especially for new people to the industry(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours But that’s what is required to be successful(in 40 reviews)

• "Work-life balance, flexibility, KPI based progression(in 24 reviews)

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great autonomy in current climate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- access to work from home - surface pro/latest tech - high communication between directors/managers and consultants

Cons

- long hours but to be expected in recruitment

Robert Walters2020-03-17
  2. "Great business to work for"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture and team focused - huge career opportunities based on performance

Cons

Long hours but no different to any other recruitment agency!

Robert Walters2020-02-12
  3. "Great culture and clear progression"

Current Employee - Recruiter in London, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Breakfast/Fruit - Modern equipment and facilities - Sociable environment - Good workload

Cons

- Long hours

Robert Walters2020-02-11
  4. "Fantastic learning and working environment with some of the best in the business."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Career opportunities are unrivalled and achievable

Cons

Long hours But that’s what is required to be successful

Robert Walters2019-10-28
  5. "Good employer"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England

I worked at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good on the job training, positive and team focused environment, fantastically well resourced company giving you the best opportunity for success. Great incentives for high achievers.

Cons

Consistently under pressure to meet very high KPIs and targets, results in long hours.

Robert Walters2019-01-21
  6. "Excellent team culture"

Current Employee - Marketing in London, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Team work together as a whole, always willing to help each other out - Fantastic manager who really cares about you progression and the projects you work on - Young, fun office vibes - Great location

Cons

- Long working hours (but flexi hours have recently been introduced)

Robert Walters2018-10-25

"Robert Walters"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work. Good work life balance. (Flexible working hours) The new starter training programme is excellent. Not KPI driven.

Cons

Can be long hours but that is recruitment.

Robert Walters2018-05-23
  8. "Great company to work for and a good start to a career in London"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Very good training from start to finish of your time there. Always available when needed/requested at all levels. - Management is always there when you need help or guidance while also giving you responsibility to run your own desk. - People at the company are friendly and welcoming while a team ethos is encouraged making the environment a lovely place to work. - Creativity is encouraged in trying new things to succeed.

Cons

Long working hours but that comes with Recruitment as a whole. New systems are being put in place which causes IT malfunctions from time to time.

Robert Walters2018-02-17
  9. "Fantastic Forward Thinking Company"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Autonomy, Collaboration & Communication from MD and all management within the business as well as the wider group is great Able to offer an excellent service to our clients and candidates. They embrace change and move with the times in order to be the best at what they do. Excellent employer. Very supportive and caring. Understands how to get the best out of us by encouragement, training, recognition! Great benefits and commission scheme! Targets are not unrealistic and you are expected to work hard, but then that is to be expected!

Cons

- Not for the faint hearted. - You will lose sleep - but if you cant handle a stressful job at one point in your life, then you should probably reconsider your ambition. - You must be willing to overcome adversity and believe that you will come out on top. - Long hours... but only if you work hard and not smart.

Robert Walters2017-12-08

"Be wary"

Former Employee - Consultant in Guildford, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are decent on the whole. If you’re new to recruitment then it’s a good company to train with. Be aware though that they have a one-size-fits-all approach, which isn’t useful in the real world of recruitment.

Cons

Layers upon layers of management, processes, and ridiculous KPIs. Team-based commission, so if you’re doing well but the others don’t contribute then you won’t get a bean. Treating experienced professionals as though they’re kids. Long hours, no flexible working. Very high turnover in Guildford - a consequence of managers not being management material. It’s a wonder that this office is still open.

Robert Walters2017-12-10

Robert Walters Response

January 2, 2018HR

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that the management structure and internal processes were something you found frustrating. As a large global business, certain processes are in place to ensure our clients and candidates receive a consistently high level of service. However, we know that there’s always room for improvement and welcome any feedback or new ideas to help us refine our internal procedures. Whilst I agree targets can be challenging, we aim for them to be realistic and in line with current market conditions. We also strive to ensure our staff have the tools and guidance they need to succeed. Training is a key part of this, so I’m pleased that you found the training on offer to be to a good standard. Regarding our team-based bonus scheme, we know it’s not for everyone, but we’ve found that offering a quarterly bonus based on the team’s performance has had a positive impact on both our service to clients and candidates and working environment as it creates a strong team-oriented culture. As mentioned in your review, recruitment requires consultants to work outside of the typical 9 to 5 hours – we know this can be tough, but believe that offering a positive and supportive work environment helps our staff to achieve a good work-life balance. If you would like to discuss your concerns in more detail, please don’t hesitate to contact me. – Robert Gould, HR Director, robert.gould@robertwalters.com, ph 0207 509 8616.

Found 32 reviews