Robert Walters Employee Reviews about "working environment"

Updated 30 Jun 2020

4.3
Robert Walters Chief Executive Officer Robert Walters
Robert Walters

Reviews about "working environment"

Return to all Reviews

"Toxic recruitment environment"

1.0
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

- casual work environment. It's very hard to think of any pros given how far behind this environment compared to others.

Cons

- no career development - boys club management team - managers care more about their billings than there team. - none existent bonus's - no collaboration or direct vision - be careful they don't sell you on false benefits

May 25, 2017HR

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your opinion and take all employee feedback seriously. It’s disappointing to hear that you feel this way as we pride ourselves on being professional and hold ourselves to really high standards. We also encourage diversity - over 60% of our 3,000+ employees are women. We strive to provide our people with long-term careers, in fact the average tenure of our senior management team is 13 years. We’re also a meritocratic business and strongly believe in developing and promoting our people from within. Sales can be tough and it’s not for everyone, but the team-based profit share model which we operate around the world usually ensures everyone is supported in reaching their targets. We find this works a lot better than individual commission and results in a more team-focused and less competitive environment for our people. We never like getting a bad write-up and always encourage people to let us know if they are having any issues – if you would like to discuss any of this in confidence, please feel free to contact me at kurt.kraeger@robertwalters.com. Kurt Kraeger, MD, New York

"Best place to develop a career if you are ambitious"

Recruitment Consultant in Soeul

I have been working at Robert Walters

Pros

1/ young and international working environment 2/ well structured regular trainings including overseas training and office visiting 3/ clear target for promotions, target is very clear and fair for everyone. The promotion chance is always open regardless the years of experience or age. 4/ high salary; non commission base so consultant gets high base salary compare to other competitors in the market

Cons

1/ high work load and KPIs.

3. "You will never leave!"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Executive in Madrid

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Last technologies, regular training, multicultural environment, opportunities to grow professionally, team spirit, incentives & rewards, positive work environment

Cons

You wil never join another company cos you will stay in RW for a long, long time!

"Honest opinion here"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Assistant in Seoul

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Good work-life balance - Fun working environment - Great career progression Senior managers do their best to communicate and stay connected using different incentives – witty encouragement emails, an open door policy to speak freely about suggestions, more paid vacations days than market average, and fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruits and drinks. They are not going to hold your hand every time something comes up but they genuinely care about your well-being and definitely want to see you succeed and grow within the company.

Cons

Being in recruitment isn’t for everyone and a lot of change is always going on, BUT it keeps you stay focused and agile. If you stay proactive not reactive, you will do well here.

"Really positive environment"

Executive Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Robert Walters

Pros

Positive, supportive working environment Experienced management Successful office Great client base

Cons

Lots of hard work The San Francisco tech start-up market is exciting but complex and challenging

6. "Office Manager"

Current Employee - Office Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best experience I've had in my professional career! I work with an incredible and diverse group of people - from all across the world - creating a unique work environment full of intelligent, hard working individuals with colorful personalities. This particular location embodies the "Work hard, Play hard" mentality. The staff is extremely supportive of one another which explains their consistent success. Above all, I must praise the management team who continues to promote from within and value their staff more than any company I've worked for in the past. The managing director is particularly fantastic. His passion and love for this location/company shows every day. I feel like an important, even vital, piece of this puzzle which is an invaluable feeling that does not come easy in the business world. Hard work is definitely rewarded here and I would recommend this company to any of my peers.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about this company. I am very happy here.

"Executive Recruiter"

2.0
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun and young employees. Decent work environment. Good base pay and commission possibilities.

Cons

Micro managed from day one. No freedom to build your book of business on your own terms. Strict following of KPIs regardless of results. Poor leadership and communication.

December 30, 2015Robert Walters

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our fun working environment and good remuneration packages. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial environment and like to give our consultants the room to build their own client base. It’s a shame you didn’t feel that was the case, however rest assured that entrepreneurialism is a cornerstone of our business model. If you would like to discuss anything further, please feel free to get in touch with me; Kurt Kraeger, MD, New York, kurt.kraeger@robertwalters.com.

"Generally good"

Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Robert Walters

Pros

Decent salary and benefits, many opportunities to attend events and meetings, good work environment. Energetic, fast-paced and dynamic atmosphere

Cons

Back office were not treated with respect as sales people. A lot of phone calls which can make it very noisy environment. Heavy work load.

June 29, 2015Global HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very pleased to hear that you were happy with our salary and benefits package and enjoyed the working environment in the New York office. As you say yourself the atmosphere is energetic and fast-paced and recruitment is a job that requires a lot of time spent on the phone. That means it can be noisy, but that does create a buzzy environment. We do have private meeting rooms however, where people go to take calls and hold meetings. In a sales business, it can feel like those on the frontline, making money for the business, take precedence, but that is certainly not our intention. Without our back office staff we wouldn’t exist as a business and Rob, Giles and the board thank you for your contribution. I add my thanks too and if you would like to discuss anything further, please feel free to get in touch with me; Ingrid, Group HR Director, at contact@robertwalters.com.

"Fantastic Collaborative Learning Atmosphere"

Executive Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Robert Walters

Pros

Great management who cares about the staff and works hard daily to develop them. Cordial, fun work environment. Every day was a fun, new experience. Learnings and best practices are shared freely by all senior staff and leadership through both formal meetings and ad hoc gudance. The perfect place for a new recruiter just starting out or a seasoned pro looking to up their game or mentor the next generation.

Cons

Sales can be a tough racket. This is not for everyone but if you have the drive and the passion, the leader of this firm's NY office will make it his mission to get you to be the best you can be.

May 22, 2015Global HR Director

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. We're very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time working at Robert Walters.

10. "Moderate company"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Hong Kong
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Robert Walters for less than a year

Pros

Excellent employee benefits, and great co-workers, and the working environment is great. Flexible working hours and can meet many different people.

Cons

Not enough resources as there are many projects on-going and the work load is heavy, need more resources and the transformation pace is slow.

Found 32 reviews