Rockland Immunochemicals Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Rockland Immunochemicals Reviews

Updated Aug 31, 2019

Rockland Immunochemicals President & CEO Jim Fendrick (no image)
Jim Fendrick
  1. "A great place to work"

Former Employee - Data Analyst

I worked at Rockland Immunochemicals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working at Rockland was a great career decision. In the IT department, I had constant opportunities to learn new things and grow my resume. I was lucky to have managers who were willing to let me tackle problems using new tools, even it if meant a longer turn-around time. If you're considering joining Rockland for a data role, this is a great place to learn/improve your skills in Power BI, Excel, SQL, and SSRS. ... Rockland also has a very relaxed environment and employs many friendly and supportive people.

Cons

None - this field makes you put at least 5 words, so here they are.

Advice to Management

I think a new website would pay for itself very quickly.

Rockland Immunochemicals2019-08-31
  2. "Big Changes Have Happened"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Rockland Immunochemicals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

While old reviews are incredibly harsh and somewhat dramatic, there is truth to some. I have been fortunate enough to stick it out with Rockland and witness the amazing and positive changes that have happened over the last two years specifically. It wasn't always easy, but it has absolutely been worth it. The best parts about Rockland are: the flexibility, the customer focused environment, free coffee,... frequent parties and activities, pays well, routine raises and the close bonds formed with coworkers

Cons

The work area is open and tends to be loud and communication is still a work in progress especially with upper and senior management. Some policies and procedures are outdated and there is WAY too much tribal knowledge mentality.

Advice to Management

Keep progressing. The employees who are here now, want to be here. We're happy with the changes and excited for the future!

Rockland Immunochemicals2019-04-17
  3. "Great Place to Grow and Learn"

Former Employee - Scientist in Pottstown, PA

I worked at Rockland Immunochemicals full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at Rockland gave me hands on experience in skills and techniques in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. On top of bench work experience, I also developed skills such as communication and teamwork and organization that were crucial to timely and quality completion of tasks.

Cons

Technology needs to be updated to minimize administration time from employee so they can dedicate more time to focus on hands on tasks.

Rockland Immunochemicals2019-04-15

"Rockland was one of the BEST places I have worked"

Former Employee - QA Manager in Limerick, PA

I worked at Rockland Immunochemicals full-time for more than a year

Pros

Science, learning oppurtunities, Management cared about my success. I was challenged, intrigued, and valed as an employee. Brand new facility, modern with work space, fun space (ping pong tables, coffee break area, clean huge kitchen) Flexible working environment Lots of employee appreciation parties Free Wawa coffee Ceo personally pays for your HSA! - never seen or heard of that Family owned company, with... a corporate feel, professional C- level Management are involved with regular employees, open door policy Rockland management still in touch with me, helped me in my career, encouraging, friendly yet professional people. I loved working there, I felt like I was able to have impact on this organization. Lots of networking oppurtunities as well, local gov., other companies, & leaders in the industry

Cons

None, I worked here for 2 years, and I loved every moment of it. I was commended for my efforts and coached on how to better myself professionally.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are and have been doing! The Science behind this institution is fantastic. Great Company, with a awesome postive future outlook.

Rockland Immunochemicals2019-03-02

"End the Positive Review Campaign"

Former Employee - Technician

I worked at Rockland Immunochemicals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are no pros. I will instead utilize this space to convey that I was lied to during my interview process, and on the first day I reported to work they attempted to pay me $2.00 less per hour than was previously agreed upon.

Cons

Management and Human Resources have been SOLICITING positive reviews. While this is within the company’s right, on behalf of all those former employees BRAVE enough to leave truthful, negative reviews, let me assure any prospective employees - you DO NOT want to be employed with Rockland Immunochemicals.

Advice to Management

Less ping pong tables. More transparency.

Rockland Immunochemicals2019-03-10

"Small Company, Big Initiative"

I worked at Rockland Immunochemicals full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunities to cross-train in different areas. Advancement opportunities for those who are willing to put the extra effort in. Lots of knowledgeable staff to help troubleshoot and support personal growth and learning. Family like atmosphere.

Cons

Change is happening but it is slower. Pay grades need to align with current job field rates.

Rockland Immunochemicals2019-01-17

"Good Place to work"

I worked at Rockland Immunochemicals

Pros

Great experience and worked with amazing people. Everyone is approachable and friendly.

Cons

Some outdated equipment, does not encourage overtime

Rockland Immunochemicals2018-11-06

"Exploitative"

I worked at Rockland Immunochemicals full-time

Pros

Minor technical experience and a stepping stone for recent college graduates. (The company’s preferred prey.) An excellent example of What Not To Do.

Cons

While the negative Glassdoor reviews regarding employment at Rockland are refreshingly accurate , they are only representative of positions at the company’s laboratory location. Removed from the laboratory, down a dirt road on the other side of town, is The Animal Facility. The actual reality of this location is nearly unspeakable. The USDA has been involved and with good reason. Rockland exploits both... people and animals. Not worth your bright-eyed and bushy-tailed post-collegiate years.

Advice to Management

None. Rockland’s culture is a conscious decision by management.

Rockland Immunochemicals2018-08-29

"Employee"

I worked at Rockland Immunochemicals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible hours if you need to go to the doctor

Cons

Company is WAY behind the times. Trying to keep up in a fast pace industry with antiquated equipment and SOPs. Employees get the blame for lack of advancement when it is entirely upper Management's fault. They have no idea what equipment works, won't spend money to keep equipment running and they don't have the intelligence to help with manufacturing problems. They just sit at their desks and hope the lab fairies... wave their wands and make it all right. All they do is complain without having constructive ideas. Reviews are a joke with raises and firings decided long before anyone looks at the review. Good smart people get fired while mean incompetent people get to stay. Those who are left must do the work of the lucky ones who got fired. Which means you will be doing a job you are not trained for and weren't hired for. Raises are pathetic and don't have anything to do with the review. It's if you suck up to management and tell them how smart they are. Egos are way too big. Avoid this place at all costs.

Advice to Management

Take the time to know what people actually do. Learn the skills and abilities that they have and let them do the job they were hired for. Maybe read some papers and get caught up the times. Put your egos away and use other people's knowledge to help the company instead of getting your ego hurt and then firing that person.

Rockland Immunochemicals2018-05-28

"There are better places out there"

Current Employee - Manager in Pottstown, PA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Rockland Immunochemicals full-time

Pros

Company is willing to let you adjust your schedule as needed. They certainly carry a good family value. Good stepping stone to get experience; You can learn and further your knowledge before moving to a big company .

Cons

If you are a hard worker, you get more work put onto your plate. The harder you work, the more responsible you become to get more work done. If you like to have an easy day and your liked by management, your golden and you will only every do what "you" can handle. Being recognized by the company for your work, is never. Gosh, if you work for the same company for 5 years, 10 years, 20 years wouldn't you appreciate... that employee? They are the ones that help make your company successful.

Advice to Management

Your employee's will only be like you. If you walk around and don't talk to employee's why should your employee's be happy. Do you know how many people call out because they are unhappy? Do you know how many people cry at work, because they are stressed by the work life? Management is always too busy for those day to day activities and should rely more on the management below you.

Rockland Immunochemicals2018-04-06