Rockland Immunochemicals Reviews

Updated 5 Sep 2020

2.9
Rockland Immunochemicals President & CEO Jim Fendrick (no image)
Jim Fendrick
  1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Current Employee
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Rockland Immunochemicals full-time

Pros

Family feel Opportunities to cross train

Cons

Need more staff for open positions to lessen burden on lab

2. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Rockland Immunochemicals full-time

Pros

Flexible and employee focused culture

Cons

Pay less than you'd get at larger companies

3. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Production in Pottstown, PA

I have been working at Rockland Immunochemicals full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

culture, teamwork, flexible schedules, advancement opportunities

Cons

Vacation time is minimal, benefits aren't the best

4. "Great company, Okay pay"

Former Employee - Research Scientist in Pottstown, PA

I worked at Rockland Immunochemicals full-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-workers and managers are great

Cons

The pay was okay, but not awful

5. "A great place to work"

Former Employee - Data Analyst

I worked at Rockland Immunochemicals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working at Rockland was a great career decision. In the IT department, I had constant opportunities to learn new things and grow my resume. I was lucky to have managers who were willing to let me tackle problems using new tools, even it if meant a longer turn-around time. If you're considering joining Rockland for a data role, this is a great place to learn/improve your skills in Power BI, Excel, SQL, and SSRS. Rockland also has a very relaxed environment and employs many friendly and supportive people.

Cons

None - this field makes you put at least 5 words, so here they are.

Continue reading
  6. "Big Changes Have Happened"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Rockland Immunochemicals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

While old reviews are incredibly harsh and somewhat dramatic, there is truth to some. I have been fortunate enough to stick it out with Rockland and witness the amazing and positive changes that have happened over the last two years specifically. It wasn't always easy, but it has absolutely been worth it. The best parts about Rockland are: the flexibility, the customer focused environment, free coffee, frequent parties and activities, pays well, routine raises and the close bonds formed with coworkers

Cons

The work area is open and tends to be loud and communication is still a work in progress especially with upper and senior management. Some policies and procedures are outdated and there is WAY too much tribal knowledge mentality.

Continue reading
  7. "Great Place to Grow and Learn"

Former Employee - Scientist in Pottstown, PA

I worked at Rockland Immunochemicals full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at Rockland gave me hands on experience in skills and techniques in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. On top of bench work experience, I also developed skills such as communication and teamwork and organization that were crucial to timely and quality completion of tasks.

Cons

Technology needs to be updated to minimize administration time from employee so they can dedicate more time to focus on hands on tasks.

"Rockland was one of the BEST places I have worked"

Former Employee - QA Manager in Limerick, PA

I worked at Rockland Immunochemicals full-time for more than a year

Pros

Science, learning oppurtunities, Management cared about my success. I was challenged, intrigued, and valed as an employee. Brand new facility, modern with work space, fun space (ping pong tables, coffee break area, clean huge kitchen) Flexible working environment Lots of employee appreciation parties Free Wawa coffee Ceo personally pays for your HSA! - never seen or heard of that Family owned company, with a corporate feel, professional C- level Management are involved with regular employees, open door policy Rockland management still in touch with me, helped me in my career, encouraging, friendly yet professional people. I loved working there, I felt like I was able to have impact on this organization. Lots of networking oppurtunities as well, local gov., other companies, & leaders in the industry

Cons

None, I worked here for 2 years, and I loved every moment of it. I was commended for my efforts and coached on how to better myself professionally.

Continue reading

"End the Positive Review Campaign"

1.0
    Former Employee - Technician

I worked at Rockland Immunochemicals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are no pros. I will instead utilize this space to convey that I was lied to during my interview process, and on the first day I reported to work they attempted to pay me $2.00 less per hour than was previously agreed upon.

Cons

Management and Human Resources have been SOLICITING positive reviews. While this is within the company’s right, on behalf of all those former employees BRAVE enough to leave truthful, negative reviews, let me assure any prospective employees - you DO NOT want to be employed with Rockland Immunochemicals.

Continue reading

"Small Company, Big Initiative"

I worked at Rockland Immunochemicals full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunities to cross-train in different areas. Advancement opportunities for those who are willing to put the extra effort in. Lots of knowledgeable staff to help troubleshoot and support personal growth and learning. Family like atmosphere.

Cons

Change is happening but it is slower. Pay grades need to align with current job field rates.

Found 39 reviews