Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 21 Apr 2020

3.7
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars CEO Torsten Müller-Ötvös (no image)
Torsten Müller-Ötvös
Pros
  • "Good perks such as additional annual leave days for long service, company car scheme(in 4 reviews)

• "Great people, amazing experiences, other employees are quick to help you learn and there is a team mentality(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance was a challenge but this is consistent with the auto industry(in 5 reviews)

• "If you're not a fan of hard work, then this might not be for you(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Rolls Royce, the Pinnacle of Motor Car manufacturing is a very rewarding place to work."

5.0
    Current Employee - Assembly Associate in Chichester, England

I have been working at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Its a great place to work as its at the very top of the motor industry. Knowing that I have involvement in making the finest cars in the world is the biggest pro. When I tell friends and family I work there I cannot help but smile. its a very fair place to work and I get to meet a huge variety of people from all walks of life. With so many diverse opportunities here its easy to find the right career path to take and be happy with.

Cons

Challenges include the fact we are building these cars completely by hand, no robotic input, So finessing the final product to achieve the desired perfect results is sometimes hard. its also sometimes difficult to have the correct work-life balance due to meeting customer demands at particular times of the year. Training could be a little better, training sometimes happens on the job which makes meeting deadlines difficult sometimes.

Rolls-Royce Motor Cars2014-09-10
  2. "Good wages poor work life balance and inexperienced management."

1.0
    Current Employee - Assembly Associate in Chichester, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The only good thing is the money. Even at lower levels.

Cons

There's no work life balance. You are told you are going to work extra shifts. If you have plans and can't you are made to show proof or disaplined for not working. No real progression prospects.

Rolls-Royce Motor Cars2019-01-30
  3. "Head office"

4.0
    Former Employee - Marketing in Chichester, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly people, great company and rich heritage. People are passionate about what they do.

Cons

Can sometimes be old-fashioned in work/life balance

Rolls-Royce Motor Cars2017-12-17

"Project Planner"

4.0
    Project Planner in Chichester, England

I have been working at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars

Pros

Excellent benefits & fantastic working environment, with a chance to travel & networking within BMW. Opportunity to take a Rolls Royce car home for a night or even a weekend

Cons

It's hard work, no question. if you think you can take it easy then this company isn't for you. Work life balance can be an issue during launch phases. But that's like any successful manufacturing company

Rolls-Royce Motor Cars2017-02-04
  5. "Iconic Brand"

5.0
    Former Employee - Sales Operations in New York, NY

I worked at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is a lot of pride in working for a brand with such rich history. It is still a job so if you are not ready to work, look elsewhere.

Cons

It is a flat organization but the best will always find success. Work-life balance was a challenge but this is consistent with the auto industry.

Rolls-Royce Motor Cars2020-04-21

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews