Rolls-Royce Motor Cars "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 9 Apr 2019

Found 35 reviews

3.1
Torsten Müller-Ötvös
Pros
  • "Learning from extremely intelligent colleagues and speaking to great people(in 3 reviews)

• "Very good company car scheme (for manager level(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance can be an issue during launch phases(in 4 reviews)

• "Appeared to also be little or no room for career progression, or desire from the company to retain talent(in 2 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good wages poor work life balance and inexperienced management."

Current Employee - Assembly Associate in Chichester, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The only good thing is the money. Even at lower levels.

Cons

There's no work life balance. You are told you are going to work extra shifts. If you have plans and can't you are made to show proof or disaplined for not working. No real progression prospects.

Advice to Management

Get you heads out of the sand balance the processes properly. Get some lower level management with working experience not just university

Rolls-Royce Motor Cars2019-01-30
  2. "Head office"

Former Employee - Marketing in Chichester, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly people, great company and rich heritage. People are passionate about what they do.

Cons

Can sometimes be old-fashioned in work/life balance

Advice to Management

Too many managers, needed more of a structure

Rolls-Royce Motor Cars2017-12-17

"Project Planner"

Current Employee - Project Planner in Chichester, England

I have been working at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars

Pros

Excellent benefits & fantastic working environment, with a chance to travel & networking within BMW. Opportunity to take a Rolls Royce car home for a night or even a weekend

Cons

It's hard work, no question. if you think you can take it easy then this company isn't for you. Work life balance can be an issue during launch phases. But that's like any successful manufacturing company

Advice to Management

None

Rolls-Royce Motor Cars2017-02-04

"Rolls Royce, the Pinnacle of Motor Car manufacturing is a very rewarding place to work."

Current Employee - Assembly Associate in Chichester, England

I have been working at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Its a great place to work as its at the very top of the motor industry. Knowing that I have involvement in making the finest cars in the world is the biggest pro. When I tell friends and family I work there I cannot help but smile. its a very fair place to work and I get to meet a huge variety of people from all walks of life. With so many diverse opportunities here its easy to find the right career path to take and be...

Cons

Challenges include the fact we are building these cars completely by hand, no robotic input, So finessing the final product to achieve the desired perfect results is sometimes hard. its also sometimes difficult to have the correct work-life balance due to meeting customer demands at particular times of the year. Training could be a little better, training sometimes happens on...

Advice to Management

although our stand down time is there to follow the demands of our customers it can sometimes cause a bottleneck effect. It might be better to spread work load throughout the year a little more evenly so that we can ensure we are efficiently producing the best cars to the highest quality.

Rolls-Royce Motor Cars2014-09-10