Royal London Reviews

4.5
Royal London CEO Barry O’Dwyer
Barry O’Dwyer
Pros
Cons
  • "I think we can find more ways of extracting these ideas so that they are heard by senior management e(in 8 reviews)

• "Career progression was very limited due to there only being a limited amount of roles in the office(in 6 reviews)

1. "Brilliant company to work for, with a great work culture"

Current Employee - Web Content Editor in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Royal London full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working with open minded individuals, career progression, work/life balance

Cons

Don't think I can come up with any

August 10, 2020Group People Director

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I’m delighted that you’re enjoying your working experience here at Royal London. We're really proud of our culture and it's great to see you recognise it as a benefit.

2. "Great company overall, but some room for improvement"

4.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Consultant in Wilmslow, England

I worked at Royal London full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great holidays and pension, flexible working, shuttle bus service, nice working environment, lots of rewards and incentives for staff, opportunities for training and development

Cons

Cumbersome and inflexible HR department, below average salaries, company doesn't always value good employees

July 22, 2020Group People Director

Thank you for your feedback. It's great to see you mentioning many of our employee benefits as positives. I'm sorry you felt some of our HR processes are overly complicated and we're not getting reward right. We want everyone at Royal London to feel rewarded and recognised for the work they do and we want to make sure we provide as many progression opportunities available to our people as possible. I would love to chat to you about this to understand your experience.

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Wilmslow, England

I have been working at Royal London full-time

Pros

Fantastic company to work for

Cons

I am not sure I can think of any

June 29, 2020Group People Director

Thanks for your feedback. It's great to hear you're enjoying your working experience here at Royal London.

4. "40 years service with a great employer - now retiring"

Current Employee - Executive Business Development Manager in Reading, England

I have been working at Royal London full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Royal London is a Mutual organisation owned by customers and it shows. Colleagues joining RL from proprietary providers remark that all firms talk about a customer focus but that RL actually lives it as they are serving their customer owners rather than being beholden to shareholders. There is a great culture at RL. The goal is clear and responsibility to society as well as customers is evident in the responsible investment processes, guides for financially vulnerable etc. The effort put into good servicing of plans has been consistently recognised in the Financial Adviser Service Awards. Working in an environment of good administration makes the job a whole lot more pleasant and I know from personal experience as under the Scottish Life part of the group pre merger the service had periods of real difficulty.

Cons

It's easy to moan about an employer and of course I could complain about certain things but in the round they are a terrific employer. There's maybe too much reporting requirement but this has been substantially addressed in the last year or so.

June 29, 2020Group People Director

Thanks for your review and for your loyalty to Royal London over the years you've been with us. I'm delighted to see you recognise our mutuality and customer-centric culture as a benefit. Thank you for your contribution to our success.

"Fantastic Company"

Current Employee - Business Trainer in Manchester, England

I have been working at Royal London full-time

Pros

Very inclusive and treats employees really well overall. Working hours are flexible and management is genuinely open to feedback

Cons

Certain departments could improve communication

June 29, 2020Group People Director

Thank you for your feedback. It’s great to hear that we’re delivering on our promise to make Royal London a great place to work.

6. COVID-19

"Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Claims Team Manager in Wilmslow, England

I have been working at Royal London full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working at Royal London for 6 months now and I am absolutely over the moon that I chose to work here and they chose me! I work in a lovely, friendly atmosphere and have formed really good relationships with my colleagues. I feel that as company they has an excellent business strategy in place and make the right business decisions. We are currently working through the Covid crisis and the way the company managed to arrange for everybody to work at home so quickly and continue to provide an excellent customer service is superb.

Cons

I don't have any concerns

June 19, 2020Group People Director

Thanks for your review and I hope you're settling in well in your new role despite these challenging circumstances. I'm delighted you've had a great experience so far. Best of luck with the rest of your career with us.

7. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Technical Product Owner in Wilmslow, England

I have been working at Royal London part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Inclusion Flexibility Benefit package Development opportunities

Cons

Considerable bureaucracy typical for a company this size

June 29, 2020Group People Director

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It makes me really proud that you recognise the many benefits we've worked hard to provide our people with. I’m sorry you feel we’re too bureaucratic, please get in touch if you’d like to chat this through.

8. COVID-19

"A fantastic company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Procurement Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Royal London full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The ethos and values of the company support my own personal value. The business attracts good employees which makes the job a lot easier to do. The flexibility and trust that is given to employees is strong and really well received by employees.

Cons

At times it can be extremely busy and we often tend to be under-resourced. But whilst this is a con, the work is rewarding and you often get some down time and flexibility to offset extremely busy periods. Whilst technology is great, and shown in our approach to COVID, there are still a lot of enhancements required for us to work collaboratively on projects across different departments and divisions.

June 17, 2020Group People Director

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's great that our culture and values are shining through for you and that you see our approach to workplace flexibility as a positive. As you’ll know we’re going through a lot of technology transformation at the moment and it takes time to embed.

9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Reward Consultant in Wilmslow, England

I have been working at Royal London full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has its values embedded. People are collaborative and willing to help. The work life balance is amazing

Cons

There is not cons that I can think of

June 17, 2020Group People Director

Thanks for leaving such wonderful feedback. I'm delighted that you're enjoying working at Royal London and that you see our values being embedded in the business.

10. "Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Royal London full-time

Pros

Not at plc, so customer come first

Cons

none, they look after the employees

June 10, 2020Group People Director

Thank you for you feedback. It’s great that you consider our mutuality and customer-centric culture as a benefit. I wish you all the best in your career at Royal London.

Found 256 reviews