Royal London Reviews

Found 400 of over 434 reviews

3.7
Royal London CEO Barry O’Dwyer
Barry O’Dwyer
Pros
  • "The work life balance is amazing(in 33 reviews)

• "Offer flexible working and have the most amazing culture(in 33 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I think we can find more ways of extracting these ideas so that they are heard by senior management e(in 8 reviews)

• "Not best career progression opportunities(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fair assessment of my time at RL

Nov 4, 2021 - Customer Service Associate in Wilmslow, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, very good pension, able to work from home, great office facilities and training.

Cons

Salary fairly low compared to competitors.

Group People Director

Thank you for your feedback. It is wonderful to see you mention our colleague benefits, staff pension and our hybrid ways of working as benefits. I am sorry to see that you are disappointed by the pay as we pride ourselves on paying people fairly based on industry benchmarking. I would encourage you to discuss this with your People Leader.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work

Dec 1, 2021 - Actuarial Trainee in Edinburgh, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very good place to work

Cons

Nothing much to say here

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great!

Nov 25, 2021 - Reporting Consultant in Edinburgh, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work and good culture.

Cons

Don't know any, maybe tea bags could be improved.

4. 4.0

gret

Nov 22, 2021 - Researcher in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

great better wonderful and recommended

Cons

there is no cons here hey

5. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good

Nov 15, 2021 - Case Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great indepth training. Lots of on the job support

Cons

Advertised as admin role but essentially a call centre

Group People Director

Thanks for taking the time to leave this feedback, and it’s great to hear your positive experience of training and on-job support. Since the pandemic, more customers have chosen to contact us by phone rather than email or letter, resulting in increased demand in some areas. We continuously listen to feedback from colleagues, many of whom say they prefer a mix of telephone and back office work. So we have taken action to address this by recruiting more colleagues than our capacity forecast, continuing to train and upskill existing colleagues and looking to build our technology solutions to better support our customers.

6. 3.0

Unfair pay methods

Nov 24, 2021 - Customer Service Consultant in Macclesfield, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pension and healthcare are brilliant.

Cons

Little to no progression. Hiring people on more money than the team they have actually training them so little motivation to put any extra effort in when someone who doesn’t know the job is getting paid more than you.

7. 4.0

My experience

Oct 31, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and people policies

Cons

Hardly any opportunities to progress. A lot of the workforce are ‘lifers’, so you’re waiting for someone to retire before progressing, especially at manager level and above.

2 people found this review helpful

Group People Director

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you feel we offer great benefits and people policies as I believe these are important foundations in creating a great experience for colleagues in Royal London. I also know how important it is for colleagues to feel they are making progress, whatever their aspirations, and I am sorry to hear that you see little chance of progression. We do invest in colleague development in a range of different ways, and of course advertise roles internally, but I understand that despite this, particularly in smaller teams, there may not be vacant roles to progress into. One action you could take, if you haven’t already, is to work with a Senior Leader, or perhaps look for a mentor in another part of the Group, to help you think more broadly about how you can personally progress. If this is something the People Team can support you with, please do get in touch.

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Lots of change, not all good

Nov 16, 2021 - Test Quality Manager in Wilmslow, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some really great people to work with

Cons

A TOM change has left a lot of holes and may people wanting to leave

9. 2.0

Working as Pensions Admin

Nov 3, 2021 - New Business Manager in Macclesfield, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learning about Pensions & Investment

Cons

I dont think they pay well unless you’re the FA

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A truly great place to work!

Oct 15, 2021 - Business Resilience Lead in Alderley Park, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’m writing this review 4 months into my role with Royal London, and my overriding emotion is it’s such an amazing place to work! Genuinely, I could not be happier, everyone (at all levels) has been so welcoming and supportive. I’ve previously worked for organisations who claim to have values, but I can honestly say everyone I’ve met is living and breathing the Royal London values, which is amazing to experience. As with anyone starting at a new organisation during lockdown, it presented a number of challenges, however, the support from my Manager and team mates has been amazing and although I was home-working for the first 3 months, I definitely felt part of the Royal London family. Don’t get me wrong you have to be prepared to work and to deliver, however, Royal London has provided me with the right support network to enable me to deliver my responsibilities. Based on my first 4 months, I’d like to think I’m here for the long haul! And for anyone considering a role with Royal London - I don’t think you’ll be disappointed!

Cons

No cons to report so far.

Group People Director

Thank you for leaving such fantastic feedback and welcome to Royal London! I am so pleased that you've had a supportive and positive start, and that you see our values being embedded in the business, both remotely and in person. Best of luck with the rest of your career at Royal London.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 400 Reviews