Rue Gilt Groupe Intern Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 9 reviews

5.0
Rue Gilt Groupe CEO Mark McWeeny
Mark McWeeny
  1. "Buying Intern, Gilt Home"

Former Employee - Buying Intern in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment, culture, and office space. Established intern program with weekly information sessions that teach you everything about the company from the ground up.

Cons

Tedious work, always in the office, always at your desk

Advice to Management

Include interns in meetings

Rue Gilt Groupe2015-12-04

"Internship Program"

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe

Pros

Really in-depth program where you get to learn about every department of the company, office culture is very young and there is a lot of collaboration between teams, all higher-ups are very welcoming and approachable (the ceo sits in a cubicle just like the rest of us and is always available to schedule meetings with or grab coffee with)

Cons

no compensation for interns, there is a lot of room for independence which can be both a pro and a con -- depends on your levels of independence

Rue Gilt Groupe2015-01-19

"Planning Analyst Intern"

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe for less than a year

Pros

Great company to work for- everyone is incredibly friendly and laid back, yet hard-working and there are tons of company perks.

Cons

Rue is a very fast-paced environment, so you have to be incredibly organized at all times and recognize what projects should take precedence over others.

Rue Gilt Groupe2014-10-15
  4. "Great Internship"

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe for less than a year

Pros

- company is very transparent about their strategy, goals, and progress. - everyone is eager to teach each other and share expertise - casual office environment - open floor plan that is conducive to a team environment

Cons

- interns aren't paid - they only hire for full-time positions in real time when positions become available

Rue Gilt Groupe2014-09-15

"Great Summer Internship Experience"

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe for less than a year

Pros

Rue La La's internship program is absolutely the best. Over the summer, I had the opportunity to own many projects and was able to see how my work directly impacted the business. What sets Rue's internship program apart, I believe, is the fact that I was given so much responsibility. Team members valued my opinion like I was a regular employee; I never felt like I was treated any lesser because I was an intern here....

Cons

I did not observe anything at Rue La La that I would consider as a con. The culture fosters learning and development better than any other program that I have heard of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Rue Gilt Groupe2014-08-20
  6. "Creative and innovative."

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe for less than a year

Pros

Treat their interns like their employees and want to help them grow. Sample sales.

Cons

No cons as an intern for me personally. However, I know some of the interns didn't feel like they had enough work to do throughout the day.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

Rue Gilt Groupe2014-04-16

"Great experience"

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe for less than a year

Pros

Fun environment, everyone is very friendly and easy to work with. I had a very enjoyable experience as an intern.

Cons

A lot of times, I felt that the process to get things accomplished was very slow. It took a lot of time to get things through each team in order for your task to be completed.

Rue Gilt Groupe2013-12-09

"Former Marketing Intern"

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe for less than a year

Pros

Paid internship, flexible hours around school schedule

Cons

Not sure what to do with interns, hired as Gilt intern to work with outside Consultants

Rue Gilt Groupe2013-08-26

"Extremely fun, rewarding place to work, but lacking strong managers"

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe for less than a year

Pros

The culture is great. There's a strong emphasis on playfulness and creativity, but still an expectation to work efficiently and get things done. That was especially apparent when the company mandated that all employees — even those not directly involved in the sales process, learn how to use SalesForce. Toward the end of my time there, you could tell upper management was really pushing for a shift toward efficiency and...

Cons

Within three months, half of my team or the people I worked with had left the company for other opportunities. It seems like everyone from the "original" startup team has moved on due to growing pains in the company. Overall, Gilt City lacks a strong middle management team. As a result, there's a big disconnect between upper management and the rest of the company. If you're going for an entry to mid-level job, expect...

Advice to Management

Build out a strong middle management team who will STAY at the company. Maintain the great culture.

Rue Gilt Groupe2013-04-21