Rutherford Briant Recruitment Reviews

Updated 15 Sep 2020

4.1
Rutherford Briant Recruitment Founder & Managing Director Toby Briant (no image)
Toby Briant
  1. "Hired with No Previous Experience"

Current Employee - Consultant in Braintree, England

I have been working at Rutherford Briant Recruitment full-time for less than a year

Pros

After working for RBR for just over a month and a half, I've been made to feel part of the team instantly as well as consistently being guided in the right direction with my training. I started with no previous experience in Recruitment and everyone had been on hand to help in their own way. Although an important part of the job role is in the office, we're also encouraged to get out meeting new candidates and regular visits to existing clients. There are regular 1-2-1's for everyone with your line manager, plenty of benefits and rewards (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually and occasionally daily) as well as staff days out. Everyone sits in the same office, from the Managing Director to myself being the newest team member so there's a good sense of comradery with candidates & clients.

Cons

The first candidate call I made was one of the most nerve wracking moment, sitting between the Managing Director and the Operations Manager, but now see the benefits

2. "Don’t care about you"

1.0
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Braintree, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Rutherford Briant Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

The offices are quite nice

Cons

Don’t care about you Training isn’t good Pressurised environment

September 18, 2020Operations Manager

Thanks for submitting your recent review. There is little for us to go on here in relation to your view point however I will try to address the elements you have raised, both positive and negative. We are pleased to hear that you liked our offices, we take pride in offering an environment which is different to a run-of-the-mill office space. We work hard to ensure it’s both a comfortable and practical space for our team to enjoy. I personally map out a comprehensive training programme for each new member of the team which is then followed up and checked to ensure that the recipient of the training has understood and feels well equipped to carry out the responsibilities set out within their role. Having worked in the industry for many years I’d feel confident to say that Rutherford Briant’s training programme is much more advanced than those of our competitors. Therefore it is disappointing to hear that your experience of our training programme wasn’t well received. We do operate within a sales environment and therefore setting achievable targets for our consultants is a constructive approach to help them realise their potential. These targets are always within reach and come with highly competitive reward. We care very much about the well-being of our staff, this is clear from the level of investment we place on L&D, one to one time offered with directors, support from the operational team and of course the team rewards and incentives on offer. I would be happy to chat any concerns that you have about your time in the business, as unfortunately these points didn’t come out in your exit interview, where we always ask for feedback good and bad. Please drop me an e-mail at amandasainter@rutherfordbriant.com if you would like to have a more detailed chat.

3. "Not the best but not the worst"

Former Employee - Recruiter
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Rutherford Briant Recruitment full-time

Pros

Friendly and welcoming when you start and gives you time to settle in. They always come up with incentives but do always change every month. The other staff members are friendly albeit a little clicky

Cons

There is a lack of communication between the board of directors. One of the directors will be saying how great you are doing and the next minute you are being told if you don’t do more you’ll be on review by another member. There is completely lack of communication and agreement. The targets changed a few times whilst I was there so I would say there needs to be a lot of consistency so people can hit the targets set before they change. There is a lot of staff turn over purely because people will leave quickly. For a small company I found this rather alarming which is why I started to look else where and found my dream job. They hired a new person and then let them goes after three weeks to cut costs! I found this alarming again as I don’t understand why hire someone then make then redundant after three weeks!? It is a office full of men which means a lot of the jokes and things said can make other who aren’t uncomfortable. Over all it wasn’t the worst time being there but I never felt overly welcome there and was more than happy to hand in my notice when I left

August 11, 2020Operations Manager

Thanks you for your feedback. Good and bad, we do take feedback very seriously and will always reflect upon our existing working practices to make improvements wherever possible. With regards to your point on targets and pay and commissions. Most of our consultants regularly hit the tiered payrise targets and achieve very good levels of bonus. Individual targets are adjusted periodically to ensure that bonuses and rewards are very much in reach should the required level of effort and application be made by the consultant. The gender balance of the team is something which we will continue to monitor, but historically has been very even. As Operations Manager, I am female, as is one of the three Directors. Although in a small, but close knit team the balance can temporarily seem unbalanced. As a business we will always address any concerns raised in relation to any of the matters that you have raised, I would be very happy to clarify directly should you wish to discuss further. Thank you for your contribution to the business whilst you were with us and wish you well in your future career.

4. "Sad to be leaving! Such a great team and company to work for!"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Brentwood, England

I worked at Rutherford Briant Recruitment full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really enjoyed working in such an inclusive team. Coming in to a role I had 0 experience in, and leaving with the knowledge of being able to recruit successfully and meet KPI’s which led to generous bonuses and pay rises in my first quarter was great!

Cons

Consistency in communication could sometimes be a downfall. But otherwise I can’t complain about anything else at Rutherford Briant

November 18, 2019Director

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It is appreciated and we really value your feedback. We have listened to feedback regarding communication and have made positive actions to improve in this area. We wish you well in your future career and please do kepe in touch.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant

Pros

1) A Great friendly approachable management team 2) Never stop receiving advice on how to improve and manage work load

Cons

None - an enjoyable place to worm

November 18, 2019Director

Thank you for what you have written about Rutherford Briant Recruitment, we appreciate your comments. We are glad you are finding the business an enjoyable place to work and we value your efforts and input. As you know we have a suggestion box so feel free to add any additional comments in there or discuss them in one of the Director Drop in sessions, feedback groups or team meetings. All feedback is appreciated. Thank you.

"Great opportunity"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Braintree, England

I worked at Rutherford Briant Recruitment full-time for less than a year

Pros

I really enjoyed my time at Rutherford Briant Recruitment and thought that everyone was a really nice and a friendly / proffesional team. Great opportunity to manage your own desk and the potential to earn big bonus was very achievable.

Cons

None - keep doing what you are doing.

June 12, 2019Office Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your thoughts for others to read. Good Luck with your new job and Thank you for your contributions to Rutherford Briant Recruitment.

"The best recruitment agency you will ever work for!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

Pros

Amazing management and team. They pride themselves of excellent customer service and have really great incentives and benefits! Everyone supports each other

Cons

Not much to fault

March 13, 2019Office Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review Rutherford Briant Recruitment. We are so pleased that you have picked up that customer service is really important to us. We want to make sure that clients, candidates and our employees are all happy! If you do ever have any feedback in the future, please do share this with your managers or directors. Thanks for the review and sharing your thoughts. Regards Donna Briant, Director. For those reading the reviews and considering opportunities at Rutherford Briant Recruitment please get in touch direct to find out about our incentives and benefits - they are second to none!

"Recruitment Consultant"

4.0

I worked at Rutherford Briant Recruitment full-time

Pros

Generous commission structure Regular team incentives if targets are hit Friendly & supportive team Lots of cakes on staff work anniversaries :)

Cons

Long days (standard with most recruitment jobs though) Quiet office environment

March 13, 2019Office Manager

Thanks for adding your review from your time at Rutherford Briant Recruitment. We appreciate your comments and hope others find them useful to. We are glad the cakes and treats are appreciated on work anniversaries - always good to celebrate! Good Luck in your future career and thank you for your work and contributions during your time with the business.

"What a place to work!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Black Notley, England

Pros

In the few months that I have been here, I have been made to feel so welcome by both management and my colleagues. There is so much training which has helped me so much, even though I have quite a bit of recruitment experience under my belt already. Regular 1:1 with my manager and team meetings, so see how things are going and how the team is getting on. The team is so helpful, welcoming and committed to what they do. Different in-house challenges in place to keep you motivated i.e RBR World Cup, RBR Love Island, which mixes the day up and gets a real buzz going in the office, with everyone wanting to be the winner! There is so much potential for consultants to do well and work their way up in their careers. England themed dress down day for the world cup with a traditional English lunch. Great starting salaries and a clear set out for salary increases and bonuses. There is a lot of incentives in place, which makes you want to work that little bit harder. Team building events/ days/ nights out but also just the simple option of sitting in a beer garden on a Friday evening after a brilliant working week. The office is based in a really great location, in the countryside with outdoor picnic areas. It is genuinely a great place to work, with a great working atmosphere. Hands down, the best place I have worked!

Cons

With recruitment, comes long working hours. But you out the leg work and hours in, the benefits and rewards will roll in with it

November 29, 2018Office Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We really appreciate your thoughts and input. We are so pleased that you are enjoying working for Rutherford Briant Recruitment. We are incredibly proud of our team and excited for the future of the business. Thanks for your contribution - everyone plays their part in creating a great working atmosphere. If you have any suggestions for improvement in the future, please do let us know. In the meantime we hope that future employees will find your review useful. Thanks again.

"Excellent place to work!"

I have been working at Rutherford Briant Recruitment full-time

Pros

If you are driven and you want success (or join a company where you can make serious money), Rutherford Briant is the place to be. - Vibrant culture within a open plan office - Known for their generous commission structure which is the best throughout the region! - Clear progression routes and targets for pay rises - Opportunity to work autonomously - Support and training internally and externally through out your career - Quarterly incentives when targets are met (Go Ape, White Water Rafting, Lunch at Heston Blumenthals Restaurant at their chefs table, cooking classes - the list goes on) - buzzy working environment with enthusiastic people around you - Working in quirky offices in the Essex countryside with our own field and picnic area - office socials regularly whether at the pub or holding our own BBQ in our field/picnic area All employees are encouraged to act as though they are running their own businesses which allows everyone to fully take ownership of what they are doing. With endless support around you and the opportunity to make some great success, its hard to not love working for Rutherford Briant. Success is always rewarded and hard work does not go unnoticed!

Cons

Recruitment as an industry demands individuals to be self motivated and resilient. Your success relies on a positive attitude as well as hard work. If you are not self motivated, driven, tenacious and resilient you will find it hard to work here.

November 29, 2018Office Manager

Thank you so much for your review. I hope that future employees will find it beneficial to read your thoughts on Rutherford Briant Recruitment. You mentioned our open plan office. As you will know we expanded our offices in April this year (2018) and we are over the moon with the results. We love our dedicated training room, beach themed area, games room with table football and dart board and of course much more light and spacious working area. We have had such great feedback from everyone who has seen it. If you have ideas and suggestions from areas of improvement in the future, please do let us know. We would love to hear from you. Thanks again.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 English Reviews