SAIC Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.5
SAIC CEO Nazzic Keene
Nazzic Keene
Pros
Cons
  • "All decisions require multiple sign offs from upper management, even for very small routine tasks(in 53 reviews)

• "If you are a military retiree and don’t need its medical or dental plans(in 47 reviews)

1. "System's Engineer"

I worked at SAIC part-time

Pros

Worked with some great people in a very supportive team. My manager was very flexible around my working week

Cons

Not all team were as flexible

SAIC2017-08-09
  2. "Saic"

BI Consultant in Hemel Hempstead, England

I worked at SAIC

Pros

Friendly ream, good working environment

Cons

Separate teams, office got destroyed by fire leading to relocation

Advice to Management

Better coordination

SAIC2016-08-06
  3. "Have experienced better in my day."

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than a year

Pros

I get a paycheck. That is the only Pro.

Cons

Some on the contract sit and talk all day, while I the hard worker do the work of three employees, while the other two do not work. These none workers have been getting paid for the past seven weeks for none working, while I do all the work. How do they get away with this? Been harassed and bullied by one particular employee and it has been going on for over ten months. When will that stop?

Advice to Management

Solve bullying and harassment issues. Get rid of the bumps on a log. It is bad enough the military budget is going down the toilet, you add to it by employing individuals who sit around and do not work, but you still issue a paycheck and charge the customer, the US military. Overall low morale in the work place, can use restructuring.

SAIC2013-04-08

"Good experience overall, sometimes didn't know which direction it was heading."

Practice Manager in Old Aberdeen, Scotland
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at SAIC

Pros

Great networking abilities, ability to work all over the world with diverse cultures and get access to interesting projects with large clients.

Cons

Sometimes left out on your own in certain countries, as the US was always the main focus and where the power lay, and international business didn't seem as important.

Advice to Management

Think about getting feedback from management from all over the globe on strategies, priorities and especially how we work with clients so not to promise things which cannot be delivered in the future.

SAIC2012-05-12
  5. "Promises a lot - delivers less than you would like"

in Aberdeen, Scotland
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

People you work with are usually very smart Opportunities to work with some interesting technologies Some opportunity for travel Pay and Benefits pretty good for a UK company Fairly flexible with working arrangements

Cons

Poorly Organised Competitive nature of the internal organisation leaves a lot to be desired Not enough trainning provided Career progression difficult to visualise

Advice to Management

Let people do there jobs, get the account managers to open their eyes...this company is not doing as well as it should be doing - so many missed opportunities casued by incompotent handling of accounts.

SAIC2009-08-03

"Excellent Contracting Company"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Management and team leads always have your back. Your performance will be noticed and attention will be paid accordingly.

Cons

There are times when people are moving up in positions and end up being understaffed

SAIC2019-11-28

"Once was great, now not so great"

Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible schedule Competitive salaries Interesting work

Cons

They do not care for their employees; since the IPO in 2006, they have continually stripped us of our overall benefits. The health insurance is lousy coverage with high deductibles, so you are paying more and seeing less in your pocket even though the salaries are good. The 401K match has decreased from 6% to 4.5%. They have stripped senior employees (10+ years) of leave benefits to make things more equal among the... newly acquired Engility employees. Starting in 2019, senior employees have had 4 days of vacation taken away, so you can only ever max out at 4 weeks of vacation per year. Overhead events, like holiday parties and summer picnics, now take place during the workweek (or not at all) during working hours. Training and certifications, once something that SAIC invested in, is something they no longer invest in. Hostile work environments are pretty commonplace and includes such things sexual harassment, career sabotage, and retaliation. Definitely a "good old boys club" in management; if you go to HR, you won't be outright fired but it'll get worse until you quit your job.

Advice to Management

Start caring more about your employees rather than your stakeholders.

SAIC2019-12-05

"Meh"

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Large company with many options to work for different customers or programs. Company is very supportive of lateral movement. Very flexible work schedules for those that earn management/customer trust.

Cons

Very weak leadership all seemingly marking time until retirement. Compensation structure continues to move more money to the very top without results. Constant reorganization is highly distracting to execution and pulls attention from growth

Advice to Management

Dump the matrix model and invest in leaders with a proven record of growth

SAIC2019-11-30
  9. "Come work here"

Current Employee - TAR II in Fort Meade, MD

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is a great company with great pay and outstanding benefits.

Cons

Alternate work location from company HQ.

SAIC2019-11-19
  10. "Good salary, work from home, great mission"

Current Employee - Aviation Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home Good salary Paid work trips Good management Likable coworkers Promoted in less than 6months

Cons

Sometimes government/political red tape with customer (FAA)

SAIC2019-11-15