SCS Engineers Employee Reviews about "great company"

Updated Dec 9, 2019

Found 10 of over 111 reviews

4.1
SCS Engineers President and CEO Jim Walsh
Jim Walsh
Pros
  • "I've been with SCS for two months and am very happy to have joined this well-respected employee-owned firm(in 12 reviews)

• "SCS is a great company to work for(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Going through some growing pains right now(in 4 reviews)

• "it's an engineering company so a bit old-school at times(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "great company"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Employee Owned

Dec 9, 2019 - Anonymous
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you get in with this company, stay with them! I’ve never worked for an employee owned company before, and it’s been such a welcomed and positive change. No office drama, opportunities to easily move to other job locations if you’re interested, and the option of remote work if your job allows for it. Great company, great people.

Cons

None in my experience so far.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for!

Aug 14, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for! Everyone is so nice and I appreciate the structure they have in place for upward mobility. They also are really understanding with how important a work-life balance is to have.

Cons

No cons whatsoever. This is a great company

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Company, Great Employees

Nov 15, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

SCS is a great company to work for. The SCS culture is unlike anywhere I have worked before. Everyone seems to be on the same page in terms of the long term vision of the company.

Cons

With offices all across the country, it would be nice to have more company events to interact with employees from other offices.

4. 5.0

Great Career at SCS

Nov 10, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been with SCS for a number of years. SCS is a great company to work with. It has provided me an opportunity to grow and develop professionally and personally. I've been continuously challenged with projects and client involvement, and given the opportunity to be entrepreneurial. For someone with strong technical capabilities, the desire to serve clients and grow professionally, SCS is a good choice.

Cons

I have no real complaints to offer.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

SCS - A POSITIVE Place to work!!

Dec 6, 2017 - Accounting Manager in Long Beach, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

SCS Engineers is a great company to work for. I have worked here for 10 years. It is an employee-owned company - "Ownership Makes a Difference". The work atmosphere & fellow co-workers are a plus not to mention all the benefits the company offers.

Cons

I can't think of any Cons right now but if I come up with any, I'll update my review!

6. 2.0
      Former Employee

Great place to work if you don't have to deal with attitudes from old school engineers in the smaller offices

May 18, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits great, great company, low overturn, stable environment for engineers

Cons

unstable environment for non engineers, no growth possiblities

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Administrative Assistant

Dec 17, 2015 - Administrative Assistant in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Company to work for. The team overall are very pleasant and easy to work with.

Cons

Part time employee but really needed full time position.

8. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Nov 20, 2015 - Marketing in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great company of incredibly qualified, intelligent, and enjoyable people to work with. Calm and comfortable atmosphere. Great management and company culture. SCS Engineers takes very good care of their employees. If you ever need something all you have to do is speak up. Management is very approachable. It has great benefits for full-time employees. They are extremely flexible with work/family balance.

Cons

Slow to make changes. It's a large firm so it's easy to only know people within your department. Need to make an effort to reach out to other departments and familiarize yourself. It will help with collaborating on projects!

9. 5.0

SCS Engineers - A Great Company to Work For

Jul 27, 2015 - Senior Vice President in Norfolk, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent opportunities for growth if you take the initiative. Great for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit.

Cons

Been a great company to work for.

10. 5.0

Staff Professional

Apr 19, 2015 - Staff Professional - Civil Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked with this company for just about 2 years, and overall it has been an awesome experience. The engineers and staff are extremely professional, excellent in what they do, and truly some of the greatest people I know. Working for this great company has opened up so many doors and opportunities for me, I have had incredible opportunities to dive into several areas that make up this type of engineering. Overall, this is a great company to work for. SCS works very hard to get the job done, but it isn't one of those companies that consumes your life. I am enjoying everything I do, and will continue to look and move forward with such a great company.

Cons

Not much travel involved. Not involved in seeking work or preparing my own proposals.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews