SEACRET Direct Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 10 January 2019

2.6
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Management in Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Management in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at SEACRET Direct full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company truly takes care of their employees, they treat them like family and go above and beyond to provide am amazing work environment. Highly recommended if seeking a long-term employment as there are many opportunities for advancement

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Continue taking care of your employees and they will take care of you.

2. "It's All About the People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at SEACRET Direct full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have always maintained, that just as working at any other company can be challenging at times, what makes it worthwhile at Seacret is the people. There is a real sense of everyone being willing to always pitch in to accomplish what needs to be done.

Cons

Communication can be lacking sometimes.

3. "Thoroughly Enjoy Working for this Company!"

I have been working at SEACRET Direct full-time

Pros

Having worked for Seacret for over 4 years now I can honestly write that I am very happy working with the people I see every day. I have made many positive changes within the company and have had a positive impact on many of the employees here. This is truly a family company and they take very good care of their employees.

Cons

Every company has their ups and downs, good times and bad times. And while we may not always agree on decisions made, at the end of the day we have a choice to work here [or at any company] or not to. Personally, I am very happy here.

Advice to Management

Again, every company has their ups and downs, good times and bad times. And while we may not always agree on decisions made, at the end of the day we have a choice to work here [or at any company] or not to. There have been many positive changes in Seacret these past few years and I am confident we have the right people in place to take Seacret to the next level. Personally, I am very happy here.

4. "Sr Accounting Clerk"

I worked at SEACRET Direct full-time

Pros

Great staff and agents..great working environment

Cons

Management and misuse of talent;

Advice to Management

Rate employees on what they can do not on what someone says. I started from the ground floor and never felt valued

SEACRET Direct Response

10 Jan 2019 – VP | Distributor Relations | Compliance | HR

We are truly sorry to read about your experience while working at Seacret. We only wish these concerns were brought to our attention while you were employed rather than after you left.

5. "management"

Former Employee - Marketing in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Marketing in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at SEACRET Direct full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

executives are blind and and you can get away with not doing your job, just agree with everything they say and nod your head. Rah Rah Rah

Cons

incredible demotivating environment. Can't ever do the right thing or voice a valid opinion. idiots running the asylum. great employees outside the family partnership -- beware

Advice to Management

let the people you hire run the place. you can't. too egotistical and selfish.

6. "Accounting STaff"

I worked at SEACRET Direct full-time

Pros

Great Management staff... always will to help.

Cons

None that I can think of.

"Think twice about working at Corporate unless you like stress"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Pros

Manager and co workers were talented and cooperative in working towards a common goal. Manager was honest, transparent and worked hard for the team.

Cons

Short sightedness and unrealistic timelines made doing a task the right way nearly impossible. I am OK with once in a while having to do a project under the gun, but not on a constant basis at the whim of the owners. Not much planning went into developing a long term strategy or goals because we were so busy being reactionary. Owners are out of touch with the effort it takes to make a project successful.

Advice to Management

Take time to create realistic. long term goals. Develop a marketing strategy that makes sense and doesn't create chaos for the people who have to implement the strategy. Workers shouldn't be expected to work every weekend because things fails for not having enough time to develop and test.

"If you want to see what PTSD feels like..."

I worked at SEACRET Direct full-time

Pros

There aren’t many left, but the employees are hard working and team oriented. I had the pleasure of working with and learning from some very talented professionals. To be clear, I am talking about the worker bees and C-level executives, not ownership/partners.

Cons

The owners are self-absorbed, manipulative bullies who party all night then roll into the office late afternoon yelling and making demands, and expecting everyone to work late, weekends and even holidays to make it happen.

They talk about community and make a big deal of their religious observation, but it's all for show. If you’re not immediate family or partner you don’t count. Employees are no more valued than the copy machine or coffee maker. They treat people horribly and don’t mind conducting unethical business if it will save money. These are NOT nice people.

It’s management by temper tantrum and knee jerk reaction. Turnover at the executive level is extreme: Customer Care, Finance, Operations, IT and Marketing all turned over at least twice in the year I was there, and Marketing leadership is literally a revolving door because they take the brunt of the abuse.

There are constant layoffs, terrible benefits, and zero work life balance. Whenever they get tired of a highly qualified professional advocating for proven strategies or pushing back, they replace them with a completely unqualified family friend. This place has burned out or chased away more talent than most companies this size will ever even see.

Seriously, if you have ANY self-respect or professional pride, do not work here! I only give this place one star because it’s not possible to choose anything lower. Anyone giving a high rating has not worked at corporate, they are distributors who only see the staged events and public personas.

Advice to Management

None, they don't care. This company is probably just a tax write off for their other businesses anyway.

"I wish this existed when I took a job at Seacret"

Pros

Relentless, abusive pressure drives you to accomplish things that you did not know you were capable of.

Cons

Seacret is a dishonest and dishonorable company. They pressure distributors to buy large packs but provide little practical training on how to retail the contents to make money. The owners blame their own bad decisions and constant failures on whichever executive staff member left most recently. The revolving door of staff exists because they abuse and mistreat their employees.

10. "Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Pomona, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Pomona, CA (US)

I worked at SEACRET Direct (More than 3 years)

Pros

At Seacret Direct, workers develop leadership skills, personal development, and gain experience with communication and sales. Throughout my time working with Seacret Direct I had always felt a strong sense of a family/team environment. I have nothing positive feedback to say about the company or the CEO.

Cons

Working at Seacret Direct, one should know that it is not hourly and the compensation is what one puts in. Along with working smart not hard, workers do have a chance to build a residual income with developing themselves and their skills as a person.

Advice to Management

Management must have a way of setting expectations and encourage growth.