SGN First Call Operative Reviews

SGN CEO John Morea
John Morea
  1. "excellent"

Current Employee - First Call Operative in Aldershot, England

I have been working at SGN full-time for less than a year

Pros

management very supportive and commited to staff

Cons

vehicle supply, theory training dates availability

April 14, 2020Employee Experience Officer

Thanks so much for your "excellent" review! It's great to hear your experience at SGN has been positive so far and we hope you enjoy a long and fulfilling career with us.

2. "A job for life."

Current Employee - First Call Operative in London, England

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you're a grafter, can follow procedures & instructions, and eager to earn good money, this job is right up your street. Answer your phone when on call and you can expect £50k + per annum without even trying.

Cons

Long hours - but you're financially compensated very well. Core hours work life balance is good if you're satisfied with the basic salary. This is NOT a role for a lazy individual who wants to get paid for nothing.

Continue reading

November 26, 2019Employee Experience Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your views! The role of First Call Operative is incredibly important and we realise it can be demanding so it's important we compensate fairly for this. It's great to hear you consider SGN a job for life and we hope you enjoy a long and fulfilling career with us.

"SGN First Call Operative"

Current Employee - First Call Operative in Edinburgh, Scotland
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexible working,great company benefits, work life balance

Cons

Divided work force, too many varied contracts, limited scope for progression

Continue reading

July 25, 2017Employee Experience Co-ordinator

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback – it’s appreciated. We’re pleased to hear that you’re finding you have a good work-life balance and flexibility in your working patterns. It’s good to hear you like our benefits as we’re proud of our varied benefit offering ranging from energy bill discounts to childcare vouchers to our more4me retail discount portal. In terms of progression, it sounds like you’ve not had the experience you wanted. As a company, it’s important to encourage and support the people who want to progress, which is why we run various development programmes, alongside more informal methods like coaching and mentoring. We’re currently reviewing our management and leadership development offer and things are set to further improve. Given the age profile of our company (and the entire industry), you’ll know that many of our senior people will be retiring over the next few years. This in turn will throw up lots of new opportunities for progression, making it an exciting time to be part of SGN. By leaving feedback on Glassdoor, you’re helping shape the future of our company and ensure we make SGN a better place to work, so thank you again.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 3 reviews