SGN Reviews

1. "Pipeline Engineer"

Current Employee - Pipeline Engineer in Aberdeen, Scotland
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at SGN full-time

Pros

Good Staff and working environment. Good benefits

Cons

Pay too low. Not much job progression.

SGN2020-04-23

May 12, 2020Employee Experience Officer

Thank you for your recent review and for sharing your insights. Job progression is normally an area where we get lots of positive feedback but we understand progression in some areas can be quite limited and it's not always possible to achieve some aspirations. I would encourage you to speak to your manager or HR Manager to find out what development opportunities are available and how they might be able to support you. Work with your manager to set clear objectives, aligned with supporting your development. Best of luck!

2. "Varied work"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Poole, England

I worked at SGN part-time

Pros

Option to buy additional leave Busy role

Cons

Understaffed so can get stressful

SGN2020-04-08

May 12, 2020Employee Experience Officer

Thanks for leaving us a review and for helping to look after our customers during your time at SGN! The Customer Experience team is a great place to work but it can be incredibly busy, especially when an incident occurs. We really value the work this team, and all of our teams do to keep our customers safe and warm and lead the way in energy delivery. Wishing you the very best for the future.

3. "excellent"

5.0
    Current Employee - First Call Operative in Aldershot, England

I have been working at SGN full-time for less than a year

Pros

management very supportive and commited to staff

Cons

vehicle supply, theory training dates availability

SGN2020-03-28

April 14, 2020Employee Experience Officer

Thanks so much for your "excellent" review! It's great to hear your experience at SGN has been positive so far and we hope you enjoy a long and fulfilling career with us.

4. "Good to join on high salary, impossible to progress"

2.0
    Current Employee - Management Accountant in Horley, Surrey, South East England, England

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Good if the management like you. 2. Independence with your work 3. Flexible with time management

Cons

1. Difficult for staff if they do not get along with management as they will not let you move forward even if you meet objectives 2. Lack of motivation 3. Poor benefits 4. Political 5. Head of finance reporting can be difficult to work with 6. Lack of structure

SGN2020-02-23

March 4, 2020Employee Experience Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We hear lots of positive things about the many progression and development opportunities at SGN but, in some cases, it’s not possible to achieve the aspirations some colleagues have. I would encourage you to have a conversation with your manager or HR Manager and ensure clear objectives are agreed to support your development. As Glassdoor forms part of our employee listening strategy, your feedback will be shared with the appropriate people to help us continuously improve.

5. "SGN"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at SGN full-time

Pros

Good hours Good team to work with

Cons

The work can be quite boring

SGN2020-02-21

March 4, 2020Employee Experience Officer

Thanks very much for taking the time to leave us a review, employee feedback is incredibly valuable to us.

6. "It wasn't a gas!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Clerical Assistant in Moscow
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at SGN full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Can I get back to you on that?

Cons

1970's style management, mainly old men, who are at retirement age. Nepotism was rife, whether it was promoting children of said managers, or marrying said managers to climb the ladder. I'm so glad I got out. It was hard to leave at first, but I've never looked back. There are a lot of people who have worked there for years, because they are scared of change. Do it! *Awaits standard reply from SGN's social media administrator*

SGN2020-02-19

March 4, 2020Employee Experience Officer

Thank you for your recent review and your long service at SGN. It sounds like things may have changed somewhat since you left, you might be surprised to hear that the majority of our workforce actually fall into the 25-34 age bracket and our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to attract greater numbers of female applicants. We're proud that a number of our employees enjoy working at SGN and have been happy to recommend us to their family members. We do, however, have measures in place to ensure opportunities are awarded fairly and consistently. Wishing you all the best for the future.

7. "Challenging but enjoyable"

4.0
    Current Employee - Enterprise Architect in Portsmouth, South East England, England

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of challenging work but good chance to develop skills

Cons

Slow to progress new technologies and architecture directins

SGN2020-02-11

March 4, 2020Employee Experience Officer

Thanks for your recent review. We understand the pace of change can sometimes be frustrating, this is often due to the highly regulated nature of our work but we're committed to continuously improving and making efficiencies where we can. We hope you continue to enjoy the work and keep developing.

8. "It could be better"

Current Employee - Mechanical Craftsman

I have been working at SGN full-time

Pros

Good pay, standby, ppe and van provided

Cons

Poor management, big brother always watching

SGN2020-01-27

February 10, 2020Employee Experience Officer

Thanks for leaving us a review. We're always looking for ways to improve so will be sure to take your feedback on board.

9. "Innovation Manager"

I worked at SGN full-time

Pros

Staff are great, salaries are decent

Cons

Bonuses are non-existent, very male-centric misogynist culture

SGN2020-01-21

February 10, 2020Employee Experience Officer

Thank you for your recent review. Like many utilities companies, we have a predominantly male workforce but we're working hard to achieve a greater gender balance and address outdated views. We also want to attract diverse talent to work alongside the great bunch of people we already have.

10. "Not great but not bad"

Current Employee - Construction Labor

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The money is good if your willing to give up any other social life/hobbies you have

Cons

If your good at your job there's no progression offered, management will tread on any one to make them self's look good, 0 work to live balance with the "if you don't like it leave" attitude.

SGN2020-01-16

February 10, 2020Employee Experience Officer

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. If you're interested in progression, I would encourage you to speak to your manager or local HR Manager and find out how they can help. We take on board your feedback about work-life balance; the recent changes to shift patterns are helping us to strike a balance that works for our business and our people. This can be difficult, especially in winter, as it's our busiest time but we're hearing lots of good things and welcome feedback from affected colleagues.

Found 109 reviews